Where Oh Where Is Boz?

A

Anonymous

So I read the book. My take is Boz is useless to Morrissey. Nar a word about his band leader of 25 years. No real compliments...no real complaints. I have never liked Boz...I did back around Your Arsenal but the guy has gotten fat and lazy. His songwriting is borderline awful. And even his boss cant say anything about him...inspite of his extreme loyalty. WTF???

Why would Boz ever work with Moz again? Oh...I forgot. The $$. So he can enjoy his Portugal country home. He might as well work for some insurance co. selling casualty.

So I read the book. My take is Boz is useless to Morrissey. Nar a word about his band leader of 25 years. No real compliments...no real complaints. I have never liked Boz...I did back around Your Arsenal but the guy has gotten fat and lazy. His songwriting is borderline awful. And even his boss cant say anything about him...inspite of his extreme loyalty. WTF???

Why would Boz ever work with Moz again? Oh...I forgot. The $$. So he can enjoy his Portugal country home. He might as well work for some insurance co. selling casualty.

Moronic post.

The book is very complimentary to Boz. If you could read, you'd maybe have picked this up

Is this you, Brummie?! :rolleyes:

It is a moronic post but there is a kernel of truth he hardly mentions Boz at all he's too busy with the people who pissed him off.

"The band is now in impressive strike: Spencer’s drumming winning out magnificently and Alain delivering a showstopping slam of inventive guitar and crowning backing vocals. Boz remained the star in the firmament, orchestrating and pointing the way, although I heavily felt the strain of the emotional clash between Boz and Alain."

"Every day is a hysterical hometown Saturday night – with Boz at full voltage, and Alain escaping himself into fantastic self-release. Our understanding of everything widens, and You Are the Quarry shapes itself as the most important step yet, blotting out anything else that had ever mattered."

"They brought with them the shipmate fellowship usually (and oddly) associated only with the Smiths period, and along with Jesse – who stalked the stage like a wolf encircling a lame Bison, fraternal Mikey – blood spurting from each finger – and main man Boz, the band were a hundred percenters hard-hat hellhounds at last."

"I deny this love then I lie to myself about the world I know. In ministering angel Jesse, in godbrother Solomon, in the Boz who always saves the day, and in our newly joined rescuer Gustavo Manzur, I, too, have blood-bubbas – clansmen long searched for."

"The band is now in impressive strike: Spencer’s drumming winning out magnificently and Alain delivering a showstopping slam of inventive guitar and crowning backing vocals. Boz remained the star in the firmament, orchestrating and pointing the way, although I heavily felt the strain of the emotional clash between Boz and Alain."

"Every day is a hysterical hometown Saturday night – with Boz at full voltage, and Alain escaping himself into fantastic self-release. Our understanding of everything widens, and You Are the Quarry shapes itself as the most important step yet, blotting out anything else that had ever mattered."

"They brought with them the shipmate fellowship usually (and oddly) associated only with the Smiths period, and along with Jesse – who stalked the stage like a wolf encircling a lame Bison, fraternal Mikey – blood spurting from each finger – and main man Boz, the band were a hundred percenters hard-hat hellhounds at last."

"I deny this love then I lie to myself about the world I know. In ministering angel Jesse, in godbrother Solomon, in the Boz who always saves the day, and in our newly joined rescuer Gustavo Manzur, I, too, have blood-bubbas – clansmen long searched for."

I suppose I didn't really notice because there is nothing that personal, even Mike Joyce gets complimented for his drumming.

Even Johnny Marr gets slated more than he gets complimented, including when the "autobiography" is still focusing on The Smiths pre-court case.

So he's useless, but employed for 25 yrs? - logic fail.
(especially with someone notorious for hiring/firing).
Boz is lazy, yet tours, writes, produces, gigs more than all the rest of the band - logic fail.
Is it possible that in order to get along with Moz for so long, there is something more going on than a country home as you put it?
It's odd that thousands of people who have reviewed Moz solo gigs here for years neglected to say: I loved seeing Moz, but I resent that awful guitarist.... in fact, if you are correct, I can't believe anyone even cheered at all...
I can't even accept that Moz could possibly sing such dross as:
Now My Heart Is Full,
The More You Ignore Me...,
Speedway,
Jack the Ripper....
There are trolls, then there are just head injury victims with a keyboard in front of them...
Sickened,
FWD

Boz is lazy, yet tours, writes, produces, gigs more than all the rest of the band - logic fail.
Is it possible that in order to get along with Moz for so long, there is something more going on than a country home as you put it?
It's odd that thousands of people who have reviewed Moz solo gigs here for years neglected to say: I loved seeing Moz, but I resent that awful guitarist.... in fact, if you are correct, I can't believe anyone even cheered at all...
Now My Heart Is Full,
Speedway,
Jack the Ripper....
There are trolls, then there are just head injury victims with a keyboard in front of them...
Sickened,
FWD

Name a good Boz song from the past 10 years. Don't say Black Cloud. It sucks

There was a lack of talk about the relationship with Boz beyond the studio skills, would have liked more. Also more about the nuts and bolts of the making of the solo albums would have been nice.

Now My Heart Is Full,
Speedway,
Jack the Ripper....
Sickened,
FWD

Nailed it.

Why do you think Boz is the only musician Morrissey has been able to work with consistently on a long-term basis?
Because he does his job, keeps his head down, and doesn't rock the boat.
End of story.

Name a good Boz song from the past 10 years. Don't say Black Cloud. It sucks

"Camden" was Boz, wasn't it? And I also quite like "Crashing Bores."
Well, you said the last ten years. Quarry was in the last ten years. Should've said five.
Even then, probably some B-sides, I can't remember which Boz has written, but there's bound to be some decent ones.

Why do you think Boz is the only musician Morrissey has been able to work with consistently on a long-term basis?
Because he does his job, keeps his head down, and doesn't rock the boat.
End of story.

^^ —Yep, I totally agree.

It's funny you call "Now My Heart Is Full" & "The More You Ignore Me.." droll. Those are two of his best songs. You are asking about great Boz songs in the past 10 years but do you even realize that is input on records has gone down. You can't blame him for lack of hits when he doesn't even have a song on the album?? You have no idea if he has presented songs are not to Morrissey and to assume would be foolish as your post. Boz for prime minister!! He is the nicest guy you will ever know....

Just for clarity: my reference to the songs I listed as 'dross' is totally sarcastic.
I've met Boz before and with Moz and your observation about nice guy is spot on.
Kind regards,
FWD

Back
Top Bottom