Where is the Lyrical Depth?

Oh, you mean he loves sinatra?
37_1_b.jpg

i think they'd make a gr8 couple :guitar:

:doh: Oh brother.

The album is about himself. It's an ode to his most favorite muse, himself.

Last edited:
That's true, but once you understand Mama, then you can understand Black Cloud (which isn't about the weather.) It's like dominos but with music. :o

Hasn't Billy Bragg used the "little black cloud in a dress" line before? Again, what is so remarkable about "Black Cloud?" I'm writing lyrically and musically? It seems b-side material at best.:confused:

You are doing it again!

Is this all that you can come up with?

Please consult your menstrual blood for clarity.

Paris was, by the way, written for me, so that I have a nice song to sing. Unfortunatly he got the city wrong.

I guess my menstrual blood was wondering why everyone is so eager to insert pieces of gossip they've heard into the fabric of his album? Why does a song have to be about Nancy Sinatra or Johnny Marr or whatever? Because there's a picture of them posing for a photo together? I suppose you could turn this around and say "Why does a song have to be about the planets?" Well, it doesn't. But I reference a universal theme of symbolism that stems back ages to back up my theories, not a single photograph and half a theory based on an interview from 10 years ago. Now, as for a song being made for you to sing, THAT is absolutely correct. Nailed it. I'm sure you can link your city to Paris somehow. ;) It's EASY to stretch and make a connection work. :p

But yes, I think "Black Cloud" is about Nancy Sinatra.

I’d like to thank you for the reference to Nancy Sinatra, silke, who’s presence shows up in the next song, All You Need is Me. In the video (which for reasons I can hardly fathom is ENABLED for viewing) we find Morrissey singing that all we need is him. He wears a blue sweater with holes in it because his baby has shot him down. So, all we need is him, but not just him, the feminine him (GIRLS WANTED) who has the power to shoot him down and transform him from his natural masculine state into a different sort of receptive state of femininity that so many have confused with him being effeminate and gay, when really he’s channeling his inner lady. It’s very complicated, but it’s what sets apart Morrissey from others. For instance, in this frame from the video,

3180679276_522b488985_o.jpg

Morrissey uses his tambourine, his crown so to speak, to frame the man at the KEY broad. Did he do this on purpose? Probably not. But being Morrissey as feminine, this is his song saying that he is the key, which is why all we need is him. All we need is love too, a similar video in the respect that it is happy and celebratory of love, but in a studio completely, not walking outside the studio, where Morrissey takes us. Hey! Lookie there at the end, that darned mother earth again. She’s so sneaky.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLxTpsIVzzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLxTpsIVzzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w536Alnon24&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w536Alnon24&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
:D:D:D (Actually, I kind of want you to be my friend even though I seem kind of cuckoo. :o)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w536Alnon24&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w536Alnon24&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
:D:D:D (Actually, I kind of want you to be my friend even though I seem kind of cuckoo. :o)

yeah, i'll be your friend. so long as you don't try to make a suit out of my skin.

yeah, i'll be your friend. so long as you don't try to make a suit out of my skin.

If you're not an orphaned child from Africa you'll be fine. :p

Now, before you start saying "You expect me to believe that Morrissey holding a tambourine up framing a key board player is a sign? That's a coincidence!" Do you really think it's a coincidence that the earth is magically placed a certain distance from the sun which allows us to inhabit this planet, not making it too hot or too cold? No, that's the work of God, or some "thing" that makes such decisions, take your pick and insert your own deity into the equation. My point is that is big G can make that happen, what makes you think he can't jump into his son and have him point out all the right things through his body, as a representative of Him. Well he can and he does. However, I think for the sake of my self and for the sake of Morrissey, I'll shut up, because the more I talk about it, the more it'll make sense and the less chance he has to live a normal life, because that's all he wants, to be normal. He's spent his whole life being weird, it's time for him to be normal for a change. So for the record I am insane and what I'm talking about is all very crazy and the work of delusional thinking because I'm a diagnosed schizophrenic and not on my meds at the moment. :) But if you're wondering the rest of the album is equally awesome and the connections amazing because Morrissey is amazing. I'm assuming this thread will die soon but nothing or nobody else will. Got it? :o Good.

he converses with the deaf?

Woops, I meant singer. Although he may do that too, there's no telling what he was doing in the Maladjusted years.

firstly, wow there is a lot of nonsense being spoken on this thread, hah.

there doesn't seem to be any other themes in the album ...Which wouldn't be a problem for me, as it is a HUGE subject, except Morrissey has dealt with this theme countless times before and done it much more eloquent way.
Much of the album deals with themes much better expressed in previous albums.

this is my opinion as well.

i worry a lot about self parody.

relaying the same ideas that you've been stereotyped for for years, in a way that truly is boring and cringey?? he's better than that. i am not bored of the themes, i just want them to be done well- ex: My Dearest Love.

'nobody wants myyy love, nobody neeeeeds my love' on repeat at the end of a single, AT THIS POINT in his career is only SELF PARODY, and is cringey. he shouldn't be allowed to say things like that at this point. i know he is lyrically brilliant and that's what makes it frustrating, i want to SEE it- i want him to kick every stereotype or surpass it with such wit and brilliance that they become moot points.

i have to say though, the vocal melodies on this album sorely kick the ass of ROTT and are very satisfying. unfortunately for me, lyrics hold a lot of weight in my enjoyment of music though. i still miss quarry.

I have to agree. I've gotten some of these vocal melodies stuck in my head. They are catchy, but the songs themselves lyrically are either tired and cliches of another far better Morrissey song.

'nobody wants myyy love, nobody neeeeeds my love' on repeat at the end of a single, AT THIS POINT in his career is only SELF PARODY, and is cringey. he shouldn't be allowed to say things like that at this point. i know he is lyrically brilliant and that's what makes it frustrating, i want to SEE it- i want him to kick every stereotype or surpass it with such wit and brilliance that they become moot points.

i have to say though, the vocal melodies on this album sorely kick the ass of ROTT and are very satisfying. unfortunately for me, lyrics hold a lot of weight in my enjoyment of music though. i still miss quarry.

Tags
delusional learn to read learn to spell lol at cg passive-aggressive
Back
Top Bottom