Morrissey Central "WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY" (January 6, 2023)

unnamed-11.png

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

unnamed-8+copy+10.jpg

Member @Cornflakes reminded us that Miley Cyrus actually did attend the One Love Manchester event.
For clarity:
May 22, 2017 - Bombing.
May 25, 2017 - spontaneously sung after a minutes silence in the city.
May 27, 2017 - sung during the Courteeners et al gig @ Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
June 4, 2017 - One Love Manchester concert.
September 9, 2017 - We Are Manchester benefit.
All featured "Don't Look Back In Anger".
It should be noted the "We Are Manchester" event was predominantly Manchester bands and there is no online evidence to support Miley Cyrus was invited/involved with said.

p054xvmz.jpg

First Central image by Stephen Shames.
Second Central image by Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

To err is human

Too late for who? I think we all know where he stands politically and he has nothing to apologise for. Why would he distance himself from For Britain? He made it clear years ago that he supports them.
Because they don’t exist anymore?

Some of us like Morrissey, and come to a Morrissey fan site.

Some of us used to like Morrissey, but still come to a Morrissey fan site.

That's what's wrong with us.

:lbf:
And some think to be on a Morrissey fan site you have to sign a pledge of allegiance to support him no matter what he says. That’s what’s wrong with us

you would think M was a mass murderer according to some people on here,do the haters on here hate him that much that they actually cant move on to another website for another singer.
the award for the best singer with the best voice goes to MORRISSEY.
Lang May Yer Lum Reek .

you would think M was a mass murderer according to some people on here,do the haters on here hate him that much that they actually cant move on to another website for another singer.
Lang May Yer Lum Reek .
There's a real quick solution for this, don't read the posts you don't like and stop complaining about other posters. Your whining is a bit over the top. No one has to go anywhere to please you.

Lang May Yer Lum Reek .
You can only be on here if you support everything he says?

You never answered. Do you support his statements related to pedophilia when he said eating meat is worse than the sexual abuse of a child?

Or do you only have a problem with child abuse when it is carried out by Muslims?

Lang May Yer Lum Reek .
Do you remember when he said the meat industry is worse than the mass murder that happened in Sweden by a far right lunatic?

There's a real quick solution for this, don't read the posts you don't like and stop complaining about other posters. Your whining is a bit over the top. No one has to go anywhere to please you.
you have a lot to say for yourself the last few months,most of it is utter shite but as long as your happy,bet you havent laughed since the day you were born.

You haven’t liked him in over a decade, but you still spend time on a fan site dedicated to him?
Not very much, and not very often. I'm a fan of historical Morrissey up to the last notes of "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore", and everything after is kinda like when somebody posts up something about a guy you used to know, and you end going "Sheesh, really? No wonder I don't hang out with him anymore."

Not very much, and not very often. I'm a fan of historical Morrissey up to the last notes of "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore", and everything after is kinda like when somebody posts up something about a guy you used to know, and you end going "Sheesh, really? No wonder I don't hang out with him anymore."
You don’t “hang out” with him anymore, but you still come to a fan site dedicated to him and you spend time and energy on commenting on his business? If I may continue using your analogy, I would stay far away from someone I no longer want to be friends with.

You don’t “hang out” with him anymore, but you still come to a fan site dedicated to him and you spend time and energy on commenting on his business? If I may continue using your analogy, I would stay far away from someone I no longer want to be friends with.
Not very much, and not very often.

There was a guy I used to work with, who was constantly screwing up, (and in more dramatic ways over the years) and became a joke in the industry. Can you believe this? etc. Which is pretty much how I think of it these days.

The frustrating thing about M is that he was so good, for a long time... and then slowly .... he wasn't.

In my opinion, The Overton Window has been moving steadily and surely right for the past 15 years, dragged there by millionaire press barons infecting public conversation with an increasing temperature of discussion that demonises the filthy forrins whilst ferreting money into their own pockets.

If you'd've suggested in 2007 that British Authorities would choose who to save from a sinking dinghy in the Channel, by whether their ringtone rings French or English, you'd've thought it was parody. But for The English Coastguard, that was a Friday.

All the mainstream news channels are fairly left of centre and ´woke´. I know that´s a bit of a crap word but it is a useful shorthand, especially when typing.
Press barons - virtually no one reads newspapers any more under the age of 50. Most people get their news from the internet. Clearly the internet is a free for all in many ways, but again most of the mainstream platforms are fairly left of centre and woke. Indeed, it is clear from some of the documents released by Mr Musk that Twitter interfered in the last US presidential election - which has gone virtually unreported by the mainstream media.

Last edited:
I think you may be a little backward. Can you point out where I ever said I thought Farage was far right?

No you can’t because I never said it. I said “they” as in his team spent huge efforts to gentrify him. That is true. Has nothing to do with being far right. You made that up. Nothing I said.

AMW’s team tried the same but failed miserably. That failed because it isn’t possible to gentrify someone who is openly linked to far right groups and making speeches at generation identity meetings that are recorded and publicly available. As I said you can’t gentrify such toxicity.

I haven’t created an account on here cause I can’t be bothered. I come on here seldomly and it makes zero difference whether I have an anonymous post or a fake account post.

I give up. If you want to discuss such topics at least do yourself a favour, do some real and credible research and then you won’t keep being moronic to use a morrissey quote.
Apologies if I mistook the intention of what you wrote but I think the problem was your phrasing. You stated - They tried as they did with Farage to gentrify her for public consumption. That made it sound like there was a collective far right They that tried to gentrify them both.
I have never heard of Generation Identity. I have done now, so your years of research have paid off. When you sup with politicians you sup with the devil, that is for sure. And that´s true of politicians on the left and on the right.
I think ultimately though Moz was out to make himself dangerous. His hero, Oscar Wilde, was the most dangerous artist in Victorian England. And it is so much easier to be seen as dangerous these days. In the 1890s, Wilde had to smoke opium and shag rent boys. In 2023, all you have to do is say a woman can´t have a penis. Or voice support for someone like AMW.
Moz has got what he wanted. He is undoubtedly the most dangerous pop star of current times. Playing him loudly at full volume feels transgressive. And I for one think that is great. I wouldn´t want it any other way.
I would like see BOT and WMTWD released though. And that is the other major difference between 1893 and 2023. Back then, being dangerous meant your novel would be a huge success. In 2023, being dangerous means you will be completely cancelled, with all opportunities for funding cut off. Censorship of thought now is much worse, and much more authoritarian.

All the mainstream news channels are fairly left of centre and ´woke´. I know that´s a bit of a crap word but it is a useful shorthand, especially when typing.
Press barons - virtually no one reads newspapers any more under the age of 50. Most people get their news from the internet. Clearly the internet is a free for all in many ways, but again most of the mainstream platforms are fairly left of centre and woke. Indeed, it is clear from some of the documents released by Mr Musk that Twitter interfered in the last US presidential election - which has gone virtually unreported by the mainstream media.
I’ve seen it widely reported. Where have you been?

You think Elon Musk can be trusted and everything he says is true? As for media platforms all being woke well I think you only need to look at Infowars and YouTube to find that is clearly not true. You think the BBC are left wing?

It is generally people on the right who claim media is left wing and people on the left who claim it is right wing. You may be positioning yourself on the rainbow.

Apologies if I mistook the intention of what you wrote but I think the problem was your phrasing. You stated - They tried as they did with Farage to gentrify her for public consumption. That made it sound like there was a collective far right They that tried to gentrify them both.
I have never heard of Generation Identity. I have done now, so your years of research have paid off. When you sup with politicians you sup with the devil, that is for sure. And that´s true of politicians on the left and on the right.
I think ultimately though Moz was out to make himself dangerous. His hero, Oscar Wilde, was the most dangerous artist in Victorian England. And it is so much easier to be seen as dangerous these days. In the 1890s, Wilde had to smoke opium and shag rent boys. In 2023, all you have to do is say a woman can´t have a penis. Or voice support for someone like AMW.
Moz has got what he wanted. He is undoubtedly the most dangerous pop star of current times. Playing him loudly at full volume feels transgressive. And I for one think that is great. I wouldn´t want it any other way.
I would like see BOT and WMTWD released though. And that is the other major difference between 1893 and 2023. Back then, being dangerous meant your novel would be a huge success. In 2023, being dangerous means you will be completely cancelled, with all opportunities for funding cut off. Censorship of thought now is much worse, and much more authoritarian.
Moz is dangerous? I wouldn’t say so at all. He’s an aging millionaire pop singer who has delusions that what he says the world takes notice of.

He has pretty much lost huge parts of his audience and if he was so good at expressing thought and proud of it why he is he now so desperate to try to back peddle and claim he has never been political?

Seems at the end of the day Moz is the very person he has complained about, someone who only cares about his image and how his image effects his wallet.

Who is trying to cancel him? And how? Seems to me he doesn’t need any help with that.

Morrissey has always hidden his views behind vague statements without actually stating what he really means. This is the reason why so many of his fans like you say “he means this” and others say “no he means this”. He isn’t dangerous. I would say he is very weak in expressing himself for fear of losing the cash. Pop stars thicker than pig shit.

Do you remember when he said the meat industry is worse than the mass murder that happened in Sweden by a far right lunatic?
Everyone should think/say at least one outrageous thing before lunch. It´s the equivalent of stretching for the intellect.

It brought his most important issue to the fore, and I'm sure he didn't care about the people who took to Twitter to moan "Morrissey you utter twat," and to publicly declare they were rescinding their fandom and throwing their records and memorabilia in the garbage. He may not even want those fans in the first place.

But what you are suggesting is that Morrissey only said it because Anders Breivik was a far-right lunatic, and you think Morrissey actually endorses Breivik's ideology. Well, what about "the Chinese are a sub-species" remark? Are the Chinese far-right, too? Morrissey routinely says things on the subject of factory farming that shock the genteel, the unthinking, and the selfishly cruel. They can't think out of their own box.

Everyone should think/say at least one outrageous thing before lunch. It´s the equivalent of stretching for the intellect.
"one thing".

I am pretty sure I have never said the abuse of children is not as bad as eating meat.

I'm not actually aware of anyone in the public eye saying anything remotely similar.

I don't think anyone "should" say such things before or after lunch and is nothing like stretching for the intellect and to me is unforgivable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom