Morrissey Central "WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY" (January 6, 2023)

unnamed-11.png

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

unnamed-8+copy+10.jpg

Member @Cornflakes reminded us that Miley Cyrus actually did attend the One Love Manchester event.
For clarity:
May 22, 2017 - Bombing.
May 25, 2017 - spontaneously sung after a minutes silence in the city.
May 27, 2017 - sung during the Courteeners et al gig @ Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
June 4, 2017 - One Love Manchester concert.
September 9, 2017 - We Are Manchester benefit.
All featured "Don't Look Back In Anger".
It should be noted the "We Are Manchester" event was predominantly Manchester bands and there is no online evidence to support Miley Cyrus was invited/involved with said.

p054xvmz.jpg

First Central image by Stephen Shames.
Second Central image by Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Again terrible analysis. The pandemic had started, I was in Cologne. Many people decided not to go because of fear of getting infected.

It was a miracle these took place at all.

The arena shows were announced 17 January 2020, long before the pandemic seemed in any way significant.

And if my analysis is that terrible, why didn't Moz go back to arenas in 2022?

Because. He. Wouldn't. Sell. Enough. Tickets.

The arena shows were announced 17 January 2020, long before the pandemic seemed in any way significant.

And if my analysis is that terrible, why didn't Moz go back to arenas in 2022?

Because. He. Wouldn't. Sell. Enough. Tickets.
No because he chose to play smaller sized venues like on many previous tours where he didn’t have a new album to promote.

Don’t tour for a few years, come back with a good album and a radio hit and he will be back to selling 40,000 easily. Any promoter would say so.
He doesn't need a good album - Low In High School was crap (reviews and fan consensus) but did well purely off the airplay success of Spent the Day, one of his biggest ever radio hits.
You're right, another radio hit would see sales and tour audiences increase markedly but since his 18 months of pro-right-wing nonsense (autumn 2017 to spring 2019) he has become and remained more toxic than ever. Radio stations wouldn't touch Dog on a Chain singles condemning the album to worst ever sales (6,000 c/w 25,000 for High School).
Will the radio stations come back? None of them played Rebels Without Applause but perhaps that didn't seem like a proper release.
I think there's a chance Radio 2 might forgive and forget and return him to their playlist, which will make a fair difference, but the indie world will be much harder to convince.

And by the way, he has often played UK arenas on non-album years e.g. 2012 and 2015.
And his mini-arena tour did support an album in 2020 (tickets went on sale well before Covid was known about). Its disastrous sales (two half empty venues) will have been largely why he didn't risk an arena tour in 2022.

He doesn't need a good album - Low In High School was crap (reviews and fan consensus) but did well purely off the airplay success of Spent the Day, one of his biggest ever radio hits.
You're right, another radio hit would see sales and tour audiences increase markedly but since his 18 months of pro-right-wing nonsense (autumn 2017 to spring 2019) he has become and remained more toxic than ever. Radio stations wouldn't touch Dog on a Chain singles condemning the album to worst ever sales (6,000 c/w 25,000 for High School).
Will the radio stations come back? None of them played Rebels Without Applause but perhaps that didn't seem like a proper release.
I think there's a chance Radio 2 might forgive and forget and return him to their playlist, which will make a fair difference, but the indie world will be much harder to convince.

And by the way, he has often played UK arenas on non-album years e.g. 2012 and 2015.
And his mini-arena tour did support an album in 2020 (tickets went on sale well before Covid was known about). Its disastrous sales (two half empty venues) will have been largely why he didn't risk an arena tour in 2022.
Not entirely true because I think at least 1-2 singles off California Son were A-listed on Radio 2 after he made those comments. I think the Dog-singles were snubbed because the first one wasn’t a good choice. Knockabout World should have been the first and would have a had a good chance.
Veronica, definitely with Miley on it, was sure to get on the radio too, so I fully understand his frustration about the current situation.

TWO of them, with a total of 22,000 tickets and neither was sold out. I think Leeds stage was brought forward and bits were curtained off to prevent the sight of lots of unsold seats hurting Moz's eyes.

It's a long way from 2018's 67,000 tickets - and many of those venues weren't sold out.

Bottom line is : Moz can pretend he's still "got it" by slapping SOLD OUT on smaller venues, but if he plays to 25,000 people over 9 shows, but that's still nowhere near as many tickets as 2018. His average venue size has gone from 9,000 in 2018 to 3,000 in 2022. That's not success. Unless you count success as 'Not Having To Work In The Manchester Tax Office'.

He seems to think the world owes him success, always blaming other peoples incompetence for his failures, and his own genius (and only his own genius) for his success. The fact his single got to number 73 isn't that he's being supressed by The Woke Police. It's that his core audience, basically older people that like to buy CD's and LP's, not downloads, are too old and lazy to buy MP3's. Much like all his once-contemporaries (PSB, Depeche, Cure, New Order, etc.), whose singles chart at numbers like 114 if they chart at all.

His career is pretty much at the same stage as Van Morrison's was 20 years ago : a heritage act who was once in a great band*, and who is now selling tickets on the basis of his past, not his present.

*Van was never great. Miserable old sausage.
TWO of them, with a total of 22,000 tickets and neither was sold out. I think Leeds stage was brought forward and bits were curtained off to prevent the sight of lots of unsold seats hurting Moz's eyes.

It's a long way from 2018's 67,000 tickets - and many of those venues weren't sold out.

Bottom line is : Moz can pretend he's still "got it" by slapping SOLD OUT on smaller venues, but if he plays to 25,000 people over 9 shows, but that's still nowhere near as many tickets as 2018. His average venue size has gone from 9,000 in 2018 to 3,000 in 2022. That's not success. Unless you count success as 'Not Having To Work In The Manchester Tax Office'.

He seems to think the world owes him success, always blaming other peoples incompetence for his failures, and his own genius (and only his own genius) for his success. The fact his single got to number 73 isn't that he's being supressed by The Woke Police. It's that his core audience, basically older people that like to buy CD's and LP's, not downloads, are too old and lazy to buy MP3's. Much like all his once-contemporaries (PSB, Depeche, Cure, New Order, etc.), whose singles chart at numbers like 114 if they chart at all.

His career is pretty much at the same stage as Van Morrison's was 20 years ago : a heritage act who was once in a great band*, and who is now selling tickets on the basis of his past, not his present.

*Van was never great. Miserable old sausage.
Van doesn’t seem to have record label issues, churns out a record every year. Good if you like the style.

Van doesn’t seem to have record label issues, churns out a record every year. Good if you like the style.

I suspect one of the reasons is that Van doesn't update his website daily throwing scorn at anyone whose ever worked at any of his record labels! Though I'd never willingly listen to anything by him unless you paid me a substantial sum of money.

Van is a legend.
Yeah I forgot he’s anti mass vaccination programmes so presumably should be cancelled for being a racist too.

Not entirely true because I think at least 1-2 singles off California Son were A-listed on Radio 2 after he made those comments. I think the Dog-singles were snubbed because the first one wasn’t a good choice. Knockabout World should have been the first and would have a had a good chance.
Veronica, definitely with Miley on it, was sure to get on the radio too, so I fully understand his frustration about the current situation.
Yes, Radio 2 stuck with him for California Son in 2019 but this was still during the 18 months of Morrissey's right wing supporting hellishness. The impact and reputational damage had not fully sunk in. I do actually hope you're right, and that there was no boycott, and that a new catchy song will see the 4 or 5 Morrissey-friendly UK radio stations return him to the A-list with an at least partial recovery to live fanbase and album sales. But all the evidence suggests the opposite.
Time will tell.

Sure, when you play smaller venues less people will attend your shows. Nothing that hasn’t happened to Morrissey before.

The conclusions you draw are purely personal and have nothing to do with facts.
That is hilarious.

Don’t tour for a few years, come back with a good album and a radio hit and he will be back to selling 40,000 easily. Any promoter would say so.
Won’t happen. This promoter would put his life on it.

My thoughts on all this are pretty concise:

Say all of this stuff in your younger years. When you're in your 60s, pump out as much material as possible with as few hurdles as possible. If you have to self-release, self-release. Why waste time you can't get back? Why should Bonfire be lost? You won't be here forever, so use the time you have wisely. Writing that whole essay could have been spent having a half hour discussion about online distribution for both Bonfire and Without Music The World Dies.

Ozzy is 74 and just put out "Patient Number 9".

Just get on with it, as he states in Jim Jim Falls.

I have no idea about their policy pre the 2022 manifesto available on the internet. I would imagine though that their policy on religious slaughter didn´t come out of nowhere and was developing for some time. We can also assume that Moz and AMW had some sort of contact, whether face to face or virtual, and however brief. He was clearly of the opinion that she wasn´t far right. To be honest that´s good enough for me. She also doesn´t come across as far right or fascist from what I have seen of her on TV and on the internet. Do I agree with her on everything? No, not at all.
I also differ in my outlook from you in a key way. I don´t view some opinions as acceptable and others as unacceptable. There are simply opinions I agree with and opinions I disagree with. Maybe some opinions I would view as a bit crazy. Some just plain wrong. But acceptable or unacceptable? Who gets to decide that? You? The Guardian?
Are some opinions dangerous? Maybe. But again, that´s all a matter of opinion. To some, Marx is dangerous. To some, Nietzsche is dangerous. To some, rock and roll is dangerous.
I have no idea about her links with Generation Identity. But isn´t that guilt by association? I have a leftie friend who loves Jeremy Corbyn. The media condemned him for sharing a stage with all sorts of unsavoury people. I don´t like that game on the whole. Judge politicians by their public statements and policies, not by who they may or may not share a platform with.
No it isn’t like guilt by association. She is an invited speaker at generation identity meetings. She promotes around europe their beliefs. She invited Holocaust deniers to speak on the same stage as her. She was linked to trying to stop immigrants from being rescued from drowning. There is far more out there if you care to research. This is the woman that even Farage stated was a toxic dangerous racist.

The veal crate point still you don’t comment on. But heh ho, she has more recently spoken about religious slaughter but only in relation to Halal not about other religious groups slaughter practices. She has one objective to stop Islam and she stands for the deportation of Muslims and enforced birth control and the closure of mosques. She has spoken about sexual abuse too but only in relation to abuse carried out by Muslims, not Catholics or any other religiously connected abuse. She has spoken at generation identity meetings in London where she talks about the great replacement theory/conspiracy. She was told in said meeting to not only focus on Muslims but to start focusing on all ethnic groups and in particular Jews. That meeting was recorded by Generation Identity and ended up on the internet.

I’m a little bored with going round in circles with you. If you are interested Google AMW and Generation Identity.

The fact you haven’t seen her to be far right on the tv isn’t a conclusive argument. They tried as they did with Farage to gentrify her for public consumption in relation to FB. But there is far more she is involved with than the failed FB if you care to look.

Some people just are not willing to look and so I rest this pointless argument. One thing I agree with is people can be conned and groomed to go along with the surface image like you and maybe like Morrissey. Look a little deeper.

I have spent many years researching and going in-depth with the likes of generation identity and AMW’s links to said eu groups and uk groups. You believe what she wants you to see.

Thankfully most of the uk electorate saw through her and her toxic brand of hate failed and politically she is done for now. She has linked herself to such toxic groups that I would think it difficult to come back into the mainstream public political arena.

Morrissey probably understands all of this now hence diatribes like this trying to distance himself from his political period when he stated support for her and Tommy Robinson and went around wearing a FB political badge, and now states he has never been political and has always been apolitical. Sure. PR off a fag packet.

No because he chose to play smaller sized venues like on many previous tours where he didn’t have a new album to promote.
You didn’t answer the point about the dates of the arena tours. The tickets went on sale before anyone feared the pandemic. Why didn’t they sell out as in previous years?

He has played arenas many times when there was no album.

My thoughts on all this are pretty concise:

Say all of this stuff in your younger years. When you're in your 60s, pump out as much material as possible with as few hurdles as possible. If you have to self-release, self-release. Why waste time you can't get back? Why should Bonfire be lost? You won't be here forever, so use the time you have wisely. Writing that whole essay could have been spent having a half hour discussion about online distribution for both Bonfire and Without Music The World Dies.

Ozzy is 74 and just put out "Patient Number 9".

Just get on with it, as he states in Jim Jim Falls.
But who technically owns Bonfire now? Can Morrissey even self distribute it even if he wanted to?

Isn’t Andrew Watt tied to Capitol?

I expect it is technically contractually very awkward.

The reason, I think, why the "haters" still choose to comment is that they are former fans and are still fans on some level. They think that if they criticize Morrissey enough he will see it, somehow get the point that he's wrong that he's refused to get for years, and change. And return to being "good" again (whatever that means for the commenter, musically and politically). This is downright delusional when it comes to anybody but especially Moz. Yet here I am 🤣 But I admit that I am still a fan, for now at least.

This statement is yet more frustration because it's full of lies and blaming everyone else as usual. He's never been political?!?!? *Points to a large proportion of his musical catalogue, and the many interviews he's done in which he's expressed political views* What about every single interview he's done since MiM?? I do actually want the best for Moz. I want him to make some good music, actually release it and get some of his reputation back but every f***ing time he just digs himself in deeper with these idiotic backpeddling statements and fighting with his label. I despair.

No it isn’t like guilt by association. She is an invited speaker at generation identity meetings. She promotes around europe their beliefs. She invited Holocaust deniers to speak on the same stage as her. She was linked to trying to stop immigrants from being rescued from drowning. There is far more out there if you care to research. This is the woman that even Farage stated was a toxic dangerous racist.

The veal crate point still you don’t comment on. But heh ho, she has more recently spoken about religious slaughter but only in relation to Halal not about other religious groups slaughter practices. She has one objective to stop Islam and she stands for the deportation of Muslims and enforced birth control and the closure of mosques. She has spoken about sexual abuse too but only in relation to abuse carried out by Muslims, not Catholics or any other religiously connected abuse. She has spoken at generation identity meetings in London where she talks about the great replacement theory/conspiracy. She was told in said meeting to not only focus on Muslims but to start focusing on all ethnic groups and in particular Jews. That meeting was recorded by Generation Identity and ended up on the internet.

I’m a little bored with going round in circles with you. If you are interested Google AMW and Generation Identity.

The fact you haven’t seen her to be far right on the tv isn’t a conclusive argument. They tried as they did with Farage to gentrify her for public consumption in relation to FB. But there is far more she is involved with than the failed FB if you care to look.

Some people just are not willing to look and so I rest this pointless argument. One thing I agree with is people can be conned and groomed to go along with the surface image like you and maybe like Morrissey. Look a little deeper.

I have spent many years researching and going in-depth with the likes of generation identity and AMW’s links to said eu groups and uk groups. You believe what she wants you to see.

Thankfully most of the uk electorate saw through her and her toxic brand of hate failed and politically she is done for now. She has linked herself to such toxic groups that I would think it difficult to come back into the mainstream public political arena.

Morrissey probably understands all of this now hence diatribes like this trying to distance himself from his political period when he stated support for her and Tommy Robinson and went around wearing a FB political badge, and now states he has never been political and has always been apolitical. Sure. PR off a fag packet.
You have spent many years researching groups like Generation Identity - yet you haven´t the time to create an account? Maybe you have been wasting your time?
Your comment - They tried as they did with Farage to gentrify her for public consumtpion - speaks volumes. If you think Farage is far right you really do live in cloud cuckoo land. And as for who you think They are - I don´t even want to know.

But who technically owns Bonfire now? Can Morrissey even self distribute it even if he wanted to?

Isn’t Andrew Watt tied to Capitol?

I expect it is technically contractually very awkward.

I'm not sure; but since they've released one single already, I can't see why they won't release the entire thing once Miley's vocals have been removed from I Am Veronica.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom