Morrissey Central "WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY" (January 6, 2023)

unnamed-11.png

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

unnamed-8+copy+10.jpg

Member @Cornflakes reminded us that Miley Cyrus actually did attend the One Love Manchester event.
For clarity:
May 22, 2017 - Bombing.
May 25, 2017 - spontaneously sung after a minutes silence in the city.
May 27, 2017 - sung during the Courteeners et al gig @ Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
June 4, 2017 - One Love Manchester concert.
September 9, 2017 - We Are Manchester benefit.
All featured "Don't Look Back In Anger".
It should be noted the "We Are Manchester" event was predominantly Manchester bands and there is no online evidence to support Miley Cyrus was invited/involved with said.

p054xvmz.jpg

First Central image by Stephen Shames.
Second Central image by Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

And yet three albums out in the last 5 years.
With two on the way.
More prolific than ever.
More disgraced than ever. A career more in shambles than ever.

From what I can see, all her live streams stay up, I’ve looked around the time of the Gig and there’s nothing at all. I also don’t remember it from the time either.
Lucky I remember to log things occasionally...
Post in thread 'New article on Anne-Marie Waters' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/new-article-on-anne-marie-waters.148035/post-1987383010
Her attendance invite was asserted by a known fantasist...
It was their "I would imagine" comment that made (somehow) the 'invite' real.
FWD.

I don't think Morrissey and Miley are lying about her involvement in the memorial concert, but rather this website/readership has confused two different events.

Morrissey wrote in his post: Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

Morrissey is referring to the We Are Manchester concert led by Noel Gallagher at Manchester Arena on 9th September, 2017. This concert was held four months after the arena bombing and was its reopening. Morrissey no doubt saw the much-circulated videos of Noel Gallagher and His High-Flying Birds singing Don't Look Back in Anger to the sold out arena with the crowd singing it back to the performer. Due to the omnipresence of these clips, many people (and seemingly Morrissey) remember this event as being called Don't Look Back in Anger. The correct name of the concert was We Are Manchester. Miley Cyrus was not in attendance nor did she perform.

The concert that has been linked to in this comment section and pinned story took place on 4th June, 2017 at Old Trafford Cricket Ground. It was called One Love Manchester. Miley did perform at this event. This concert took place two weeks after the bombing and this proximity to the bombing, the much larger crowd, the fact it was televised, and the more famous names on the lineup seemingly have made many of us assume this is the concert to which Morrissey was referring.

As for why Miley didn't tell Morrissey she was at the earlier, larger fundraiser we will never know. Or maybe she did and Morrissey misunderstood? Or he omitted it for editorial reasons?

But as it stands, we have found something Morrissey and Miley didn't lie about.

It seems odd that Miley would be invited to "We Are Manchester" looking at the other acts and most are Manchester-based.

listen, i really don't give a shit whether you guys believe what im saying here as it is my opinoon. generally speaking, people who seek my opinon win at life. these are just pure facts.

That’s a personal opinion.
The succesfull US and UK tours of the past year suggest otherwise. As does the recent discography.

The Manchester gig was great but the venues he played this time around were in the main much smaller than on previous tours (which I tend to enjoy more)

I wonder if the timing of this lashing out at the "far right" tag is this is the reason labels are giving for not signing him?

Seems strange that on the one hand, he claims to have been deserted by the British left and then says he's always been apolitical.
I mean, not really though. The views he's espoused in his personal and sometimes professional life are decidedly left wing regarding sexuality, art, work and animal rights. These are social positions and not political positions, however, there are so many activists that prefer to eat their own rather than support those of us who have similar opinions. For some on the left, you can never be progressive enough. As for some on the right you can never be right wing enough. So rather than celebrating our commonalities, many would rather nitpick our uniqueness. It's been amplified by social media culture, but it's been going on forever.

Bob Dylan got 'cancelled' in the mid-sixties because he plugged in his guitar and refused to take up causes for his friends. Guess what happened... the stopped being his friends and started labelling him as right wing. It's insanity that should stay in the minds of the zealots and never echoed by sane people.

I don't think Morrissey and Miley are lying about her involvement in the memorial concert, but rather this website/readership has confused two different events.

Morrissey wrote in his post: Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

Morrissey is referring to the We Are Manchester concert led by Noel Gallagher at Manchester Arena on 9th September, 2017. This concert was held four months after the arena bombing and was its reopening. Morrissey no doubt saw the much-circulated videos of Noel Gallagher and His High-Flying Birds singing Don't Look Back in Anger to the sold out arena with the crowd singing it back to the performer. Due to the omnipresence of these clips, many people (and seemingly Morrissey) remember this event as being called Don't Look Back in Anger. The correct name of the concert was We Are Manchester. Miley Cyrus was not in attendance nor did she perform.

The concert that has been linked to in this comment section and pinned story took place on 4th June, 2017 at Old Trafford Cricket Ground. It was called One Love Manchester. Miley did perform at this event. This concert took place two weeks after the bombing and this proximity to the bombing, the much larger crowd, the fact it was televised, and the more famous names on the lineup seemingly have made many of us assume this is the concert to which Morrissey was referring.

As for why Miley didn't tell Morrissey she was at the earlier, larger fundraiser we will never know. Or maybe she did and Morrissey misunderstood? Or he omitted it for editorial reasons?

But as it stands, we have found something Morrissey and Miley didn't lie about.
The We Are Manchester concert focussed on artists from Manchester/Greater Manchester, so it's probably unlikely that Miley Cyrus made the shortlist for that one.

Not at all. People can think the likes of AMW or PJW are talking shite. And that anyone who posts a video by them is peddling shite. But should they be banned and cancelled for their views? That is the point.
and who is trying to cancel him or ban him? It was the Guardian but I don't remember The Guardian doing anything but write opinion which I assume doesnt equate to cancelling.

Now apparently it isn't The Guardian but 4 nameless men who are prominent on social media. I assume even if that is true, which is highly unlikely, and we can only take a known and historic liar's say so on that point, then they again I assume only expressing their views.

Ban him from what? He should probably get banned from his own website to protect any semblance of a career.

If there is any cancelling going on it is in his own posts, words and actions.

Definitions too are important I think. I would be curious to know how you would define ´far right´. I would suggest it´s being in favour of totalitarianism and a society organised along ´racial´ lines. I would detest living under any government of that kind. I think most sane people would.
In his time Moz has voiced support for Tony Benn, described by the media as far left, and AMW, described by the media as far right. Both labels I think are fairly meaningless when used in this way.
I would think a woman who is closely linked to Generation Identity groups in Europe and a woman who has called for forced birth control of Muslims and invited a known holocaust denier to speak at her party conference could well be part of many definitions that could be placed absolutely in the realm of the far right.

She plays with the filth but would like to be considered to be some animal loving liberal. She is by the by though and failed to progress anywhere.

And yet three albums out in the last 5 years.
With two on the way.
More prolific than ever.
You may need to catch up with the current situation. He is unable to release said albums.

Also 5 albums since 2018? I assume we also don't want to include the compilation album?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom