Morrissey Central "WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY" (January 6, 2023)

unnamed-11.png

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

unnamed-8+copy+10.jpg

Member @Cornflakes reminded us that Miley Cyrus actually did attend the One Love Manchester event.
For clarity:
May 22, 2017 - Bombing.
May 25, 2017 - spontaneously sung after a minutes silence in the city.
May 27, 2017 - sung during the Courteeners et al gig @ Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
June 4, 2017 - One Love Manchester concert.
September 9, 2017 - We Are Manchester benefit.
All featured "Don't Look Back In Anger".
It should be noted the "We Are Manchester" event was predominantly Manchester bands and there is no online evidence to support Miley Cyrus was invited/involved with said.

p054xvmz.jpg

First Central image by Stephen Shames.
Second Central image by Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

hear-ye.jpg

Yum! A feast to digest here!

On cancel culture, to start with, try this list of book titles:!

The Courage of Bravery: The Strength To Be Strong

Fixing Florida By Focusing On Myself First

By My Ferragamo Bootstraps: Spitting Out the Silver Spoon

Liberty and Justice for Those Of My Choosing

An American Man Under an American Sun in America

Earning My Place: Blood, Sweat, and Phone Calls to My Father

The Beta Years: From Frat Star to Fascist

Reframing Totalitarianism

CANCELED by the Woke Mob

Overcoming Cancellation: My Redemption Arc

CANCELED AGAIN!

Quitters Never Win: Pro Tips for Pro Life

Golden Retrievers, The Second Amendment, and The Unborn

One Nation Under Me God

Manhood: Testosterone’s Triumph Against Persecution

The Audacity of My Female Colleagues

Setting My Boundaries: Building The Wall

All American Reject: Shadow Banned By Big Tech Bastards

Reaching Across The Aisle and Groping Around A Bit

Cry Me A River: Accountability and Other Myths

Democracy Cuckolded

Never Give An Inch: Don’t Admit You’re 5’11

Here’s Tucker!

No Means Yes: Failure Is Not An Option

Not Like Other Girls: A Woman With War Crimes

Cancel Cancel Culture: Canceling Cancelation

Me First and You Maybe

My Pride and My Prejudice
- https://weeklyhumorist.com/free-tit...5ed-134197281&mc_cid=c5ee6f15ed&mc_eid=UNIQID

Don’t hold back Dirk . 🤣 🤣 Bit cruel to Boz, Alain James mate .
I kinda agree with both your posts here . No need to be so nasty about people, friend

What you say about Boz is true the whole being forced to wear a dress and put his name to that Paris email did make him seem a cuck Alain can come over as a people pleaser and try hard and we all know about James . Im on FB with all three of them and have spoken to them all quite a lot on and off, over the years
Alain and Boz seem like nice people, they do not care what people think as long as they put bread on the table for the Family. They don’t seem the most witty but they seem nice , good , people

James can be warm and nice and I used to see him chat a lot to AM (has he left FB, is he still with his wife in LA?) on FB and they were a hoot but you have to keep under the radar with James , you have to wish him happy birthday and say you like what he likes and play his pantomime game when he says he’s leaving FB you have to say ‘oh no you don’t ‘ .
It’s a scream he can never leave for more than two days . 🤩
typical attention seeking stuff of gay men of his generation
I think there is a lot of envy with James towards Mozzie and James is a self confessed ‘friend of the grape ‘ and in his book it says he tried to kill himself
So I feel sorry for him. So I try and be charitable when I think of him. He should stop sending nasty stuff about Mozzie to people though, it’s a bad look
I saw James Maker open for Moz (I think for the second Moz Quarry concert in Dublin Dec 20th 2004) and he was brilliant. Great voice, great songs, and he was charismatic on stage. Hard to believe that was more than 18 years ago.

I always love reading statements from Morrissey.

It’s really good to hear him directly address the accusations that he is somehow ‘far right’…such claims are parroted so unthinkingly these days that they mean absolutely nothing.

Also, it’s good to get more information about the problem with Bonfire/Veronica/Miley. It all sounds like some school yard feud that has risen to the level of the record companies & halted the albums release. I imagine Miley has a problem with Watt & his awful production; why else would she suddenly want her vocals removed? And if that’s the case, I wouldn’t blame her; I’ve still not listened to Rebels…a second time (shudder)

I don’t think Morrissey has helped the situation at all with his statements & posts on Central….but that’s who he is & how he is…why would anybody who knows anything about him expect him to change now?

Dave Haslam and Billy Bragg are of the 4.
Not sure who the other two are. I would say he is being fecked in the head mate. Very short-sighted if he thinks his current position is down to 4 people. His trouble is there is never a sorry, never a I was being stupid. He didn't even explain why he wore the badge and went on and fecking on about For Brit and AMW. If he gave a reasonable answer, he could get passed that.

This is the thing if Miley not appearing on his record has this much of an effect on his career, then he doesn't have much of one. The power and influence he once had has long gone.
Sure he has an audience, but its nothing like it was and he knows it.
I am happy he has tried to silence the far-right types. They will still claim him though.
I wonder how much of this is based on people on this site claiming his is Far Right?
He must see their comments and think "what the f*** have I done?"
The sad part is the childish "I never entered her life" stuff. Sure she is/was a fan, so what?
The "circle" sounds like people who spread "the message" all a bit of conspiracy . He should do more of this writing.
Billy Bragg? Wow. Can that be confirmed? I knew he had a bee in his bonnet about M, but plotting a campaign? That's serious business.

This was well said, but should we expect any less from Morrissey? 😄 I remember a while back when leftists claimed cancel culture wasn’t actually a thing and they moved the goal post and now say you probably deserved it. Obviously he’s not far right, he’s observant to truths we all see and many others look the other way on cause it’s the safe establishment route to take. I appreciate his sincerity as an artist regardless if I agree or not.

He thinks he should be sat on a throne atop the music industry because he thinks he deserves it, and everyone else is sub-par.

You loved it when he said the same thing while he was with the Smiths. What's changed? You? Certainly not him.

He's one of the very best songwriters of his generation. From England, there's only one better. Unfortunately, Billy Bragg has always been dogmatic in his politics, and dogmatists usually end poorly. It may've been rascally and interesting for him to side with the Soviets in the era of Reagan and Thatcher, but that era has passed, and initials BB now finds himself painted into the ugly dogmatic corner of far-left "wokeness" (so-called). That's part of why he resents Morrissey, who was always more elusive and dynamic.
Morrissey's lyrics and statements have generally been more 'woke' than almost anyone else, going by this definition: Woke - Aware of the injustice of the social system in which one lives: "The phenomenon of being woke is a cultural push to challenge problematic norms, systemic injustices and the overall status quo through complete awareness" (Raven Cras) - https://www.thefreedictionary.com/woke

But the woke concept itself now tends to not only prohibit challenge but becomes a proxy bone of contention when separate disapprovals are at play?

At least Morrissey gave you a shout-out, which was nice of him:

You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid.
A stand-out sentence, along with the phrase, "I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading." :brows:

I know of a few people who tried to bring stuff to light a while back
I remember that post by Trump , Trump Town or was it Towers ?
Wrote a post about it in here
He or she seemed to say there is a small little media club in London and Brighton he named people like David Quantic , Billy Bragg , the singer from Gene and Dave Harlan
Martin Rossiter (Gene) was another who did a 180 degree turn, and I think you might be right to say he’d be another Morrissey had in mind. He definitely wanted a candle-lit dinner. A good songwriter—and better singer—nevertheless.

A stand-out sentence, along with the phrase, "I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading." :brows:

When I read this - & other lines - I thought: “He’s perfectly describing Skinny & all of his other haters; the types I see littering forum threads about Morrissey on various sites, claiming to despise him whilst clearly being unable to stop following or talking about him.”

They are both tiresome & extremely sad.

Last edited:
At last! More of this kind of writing is what the "Messages from Morrissey" would ideally be like. Unfortunately, it appears his bosom still welcomes Miley Cyrus' horned head. Does anyone know who the "four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media" are? I would suspect one of them is Dave Haslam.

One has to be Billy Bragg. The other 2......I have no idea.

Martin Rossiter (Gene) was another who did a 180 degree turn, and I think you might be right to say he’d be another Morrissey had in mind. He definitely wanted a candle-lit dinner. A good songwriter—and better singer—nevertheless.

Minimal Twitter impact outside of the Smiths world.

Morrissey didn't say that, didn't indicate that he knew she'd said it & he said:

I despise racism. I despise fascism.
I would do anything for my Muslim friends and I know they would do anything for me...

(Morrissey, Central, April 2018)

If you support Israel......you have minimal Muslim friends.

Yes she is but she also said this - in a 2017 recording, Waters can be seen calling Muslim birthrates in Britain "dangerous" and calling for their mass deportation: "The idea that these f***ers can just come along and take it all," she says. "Stop all Muslim immigration now.”

And that's the problem, Morrissey doeant think through the consequences before he associates himself with certain people, he's done it time and again.

If you don't think the alarmingly low English birth rates are problematic, I despair. London is 37% British now.

Some good stuff in there, and very interesting about Miley, of course.

But I still don't understand how he can say this with a straight face:

I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall.

...when in June 2019 he said this, unprompted by anyone except SER:

I think Anne Marie Waters is the only British party leader who can unite the left and right. I don’t know any other party leader who even WANTS to do this. The UK is a dangerously hateful place now, and I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone. I see Anne Marie Waters as this person. She is extremely intelligent, ferociously dedicated to this country, she is very engaging, and also very funny at times.

Surely he must realise that without some kind of explanation of why he fell for that particular political leader, these beliefs and insinuations about him holding particular political views are never, ever going to disappear. Just never mentioning her again isn't going to make it disappear.

(And I dearly wish it would disappear.)

Why is AMW worse than than other one else? No solutions will ever come from any leader of the 3 main British political party's. None.

That's a lot of words, must've taken some time to write it. Time he could've spent contacting the people you contact to get your stuff on streaming services and checking the capacity of vinyl pressing plants.

My mate, who coincidentally got me into Morrissey in the first place, has just released a single, it's available *everywhere*, if she can do it, so can he.

JUST GET IT DONE.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom