Morrissey Central "WHEN YOU ARE THE QUARRY" (January 6, 2023)

unnamed-11.png

by MORRISSEY

I am aware that the ludicrous 'Morrissey is Far Right' attributions have very recently wiggled back into minor vogue on all of the usual gossip sites. This rush is, I am assured, in view of Miley Cyrus wanting to be removed from 'I Am Veronica', and suddenly the very dated rehash of "This is because of Morrissey's political views" wobbles out - delighting those for whom I am a book that under no circumstances can they stop reading. My friends are fully aware of a certain aim to put me out of circulation, which has inexplicably become relentless even though the entire point of Cancel Culture is to never again acknowledge whomever has been cancelled. You cannot constantly vomit out the same regurgitated "he should not be listened to" dirge year after year, because YOU are displaying an obsession that you urge others to avoid. I had secretly hoped that the glorious benefit of being cancelled would be that I could never again receive a bad review, because even to give me yet another oh-so-predictable bad review confirms that I am not, after all, cancelled. But the Cancel Vultures write only in headlines; they do not answer questions; their darts aim only for the inspired elite of perceptive intelligence. The Vultures are usually chief exponents of the hate and harassment which they themselves define as justification for Cancellation of others. Cancel Vultures are unknowable blanks, and they only attack those of whom they are most jealous - because others don't count. They will not forgive you for being alive, but they will not square up to you face-to-face because they would be forced to look into your eyes … where the wordless truth resides. Worst of all, Cancel Vultures cannot ever apologize for being wrong. This would be worse than death. I have been invited onto U.S. and U.K television news outlets to discuss the situation with Miley and 'Bonfire of teenagers', but of course, there's no point. In truth, Miley has backed off for reasons unconnected to me, having had a major clash with a key figure in 'the circle'. I cannot give any details about the private fight because … it is private, after all.

Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.

The campaign to destroy my career was originally led by four male individuals in Britain, each of whom have prominent positions on social media - and they have full unedited access to the Legacy Media. At some point, each one of them had hopes of a candle-lit friendship with me, and this did not happen. Their rage for attention then took a different turn. They want some form of Wikipedia mention as well as a future personal Index reference in 'Who Killed Morrissey?'. Yes, staggeringly, that is their goal.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

I am therefore sorry to report to some of you that I am absolutely not Far Right. If your wearisome echo disapproves of me not being Far Right, I wish you the hope that you deny yourself. Britain's 'Question Time' has thrown the red carpet my way six times asking me to appear on television to discuss the Left-Right divide, but I have always refused, and not least of all because I am sick to death of a debate that can never possibly resolve itself. I also refuse because I am apolitical, and if nothing else, I know my place.

I do not care very much about myself - and I never have. But the crucial point about 'Music as Art' is evident in life-changing music that has always happened before anyone expected it. The very best examples are the Sex Pistols, David Bowie, the Ramones, the Velvet Underground, Alice Cooper, and even the Dolls and Iggy: no one saw these monoliths coming, therefore the people discovered them before the industry had time to halt the fun. Now, alas, music cannot happen unless it adheres to strict industry guidelines, and this falsely assures the listening public that things could not possibly be better than they currently are. The infantilised world is delighted to stream music, but if they were asked to walk 50 yards to a record shop to access those very songs … they wouldn't bother to. However, the connection between the music industry and Cancel Vultures is that they both agree that their main job is to stop singers and bands from saying anything important. Respecting equal freedom for those that you control … is not freedom. Music as Art has now been destroyed because it expands public opinion, and thus, with the current Top 100 downloads … no bubbles can ever rise. Songs once kept listeners occupied for years, but this has been replaced by suspiciously instant stardom for anyone obedient enough to agree that babies are naturally born through the left ear. Proper artists need not apply. Imagination must be paralyzed, and saying nothing whatsoever is the only pathway to all music awards. Look for yourself.

Following Britain's 9/11 abomination at the Manchester Arena, Miley was asked to take part in the Don't Look Back In Anger event, and she refused. I asked her why she had refused, and she said "I am not into all that."

I write these words mainly for (but not directly about) my audience - who are the best and most incredible audience that anyone could dream of, and perhaps many onlookers are jealous of this fact. I have not ever voted for a political party in my life, and I have not ever joined a political party, and I have not ever attended a political rally. On the political stage, I do not exist: you have never seen me there and you never shall. I therefore do not mind in the least if you join the Morrissey haters - there is always the likelihood that I'd feel exactly the same way about you. But if you join forces with the Cancel Vultures, your only aim is to numb time, and your eyes are dead.

5 January 2023

unnamed-8+copy+10.jpg

Member @Cornflakes reminded us that Miley Cyrus actually did attend the One Love Manchester event.
For clarity:
May 22, 2017 - Bombing.
May 25, 2017 - spontaneously sung after a minutes silence in the city.
May 27, 2017 - sung during the Courteeners et al gig @ Old Trafford Cricket Ground.
June 4, 2017 - One Love Manchester concert.
September 9, 2017 - We Are Manchester benefit.
All featured "Don't Look Back In Anger".
It should be noted the "We Are Manchester" event was predominantly Manchester bands and there is no online evidence to support Miley Cyrus was invited/involved with said.

p054xvmz.jpg

First Central image by Stephen Shames.
Second Central image by Esparza.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Well. You are right Morrissey you have the must dedicated , amazing fans we love you! I would like to know the names of the power social media ( no so powerful) who tried to destroy your carrier. About Miley I think she is back to be the hanna Montana she was for the masses she appeal So. No new Miley. ... Old Miley.

Why is Morrissey so hung up on Bonfire of Teenagers? It's not like the track is the best track he has ever written. Why not relegate the song to a B-side or leave it off the record entirely? Why not just name the record "Rebels without Applause"? This seems like a decent name for an LP and a nice uplifting track to go along with the record. It is 2023 not 1982! "Suffer Little Children" was very poetic and beautiful. God forbid it if would have my son that died on the "moors", but "Suffer Little Children" would not have offended me because it is a very touching and beautiful song written in another era before social media. But, Bonfire of Teenagers has mean overtones with hate, anger, and revenge until the day we die. It stirs up the insanity and hate of Islamic extremism. If I were the parents of one of those children at the "Arena", I would not want a washed up pop star singing in this way about my child. Especially a pop star that associates himself with Infowars. Morrissey can't have it both ways. He can't claim he is being canceled and is apolitical and then post links on his official Website to the likes of Infowars to justify his stance on "conformity". The sad end of the story is Morrissey is finished. The final word written will not be that Morrissey was the greatest singer / songwriter Britain ever produced, but just another right winger filled with hate and anger at the ever changing world in which we live in.

Is that mock-up of YATQ at the top of the post something that has been developed for a possible re-issue, or just something SER has cobbled together?
I feel like I’ve seen it somewhere before.

and does that include people having views he doesnt like in response to the views of the likes of AMW and himself and Inforwars? "A society that refuses to reflect a variety of views". Goes both ways me thinks.
Not at all. People can think the likes of AMW or PJW are talking shite. And that anyone who posts a video by them is peddling shite. But should they be banned and cancelled for their views? That is the point.

Moz openly support For Britain, didn't he? The idea then, that he is apolitical, and never been far right, is obviously a load of bollocks.

@Amy is the sole sane voice in this overcrowded asylum. God bless her. Moz could definitely use her.

That was a concert, not a rally.
The idea he is apolitical though is clearly nonsense.
That was a concert, not a rally.
The idea he is apolitical though is clearly nonsense.
‘My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities.’

It seems fairly clear to me: Morrissey does not see himself as political because he can’t assimilate with the field of politics as it plays out in the media.

Karl Marx never describe himself as political. Jordan ‘eternal truths’ Peterson doesn’t frame his ideas as political.

Morrissey similarly sees his thoughts and feelings as formed through a philosophical and/or moral lens. He does, however, recognise when these sentiments play out in the world of politics—and he evidently lets people know when they do. Much like Marx, Peterson, Thunberg did/do.

Unfortunately, I think she is far-right at this point. But she is certainly articulate and thoughtful. I had never heard of her until Morrissey mentioned her, and I listened to her debate at the Oxford Union. What a performance. So smart and impassioned. If the left had any sanity, she would have remained on the left where she started. Some of the fault is her own, though. I know she requires a coalition to get anywhere, but some bedfellows should be avoided. When she's sharing a stage with the likes of Katie Hopkins, she (Waters) has clearly been too consumed by her (justifiable) antipathy toward Islam, and is making common cause with people who would constitute an Anglo Taliban if they ever had their way.
Definitions too are important I think. I would be curious to know how you would define ´far right´. I would suggest it´s being in favour of totalitarianism and a society organised along ´racial´ lines. I would detest living under any government of that kind. I think most sane people would.
In his time Moz has voiced support for Tony Benn, described by the media as far left, and AMW, described by the media as far right. Both labels I think are fairly meaningless when used in this way.

and does that include people having views he doesnt like in response to the views of the likes of AMW and himself and Inforwars? "A society that refuses to reflect a variety of views". Goes both ways me thinks.
Free speech different views sure, however most here just hate or speak with no credibility, no research just spewing vomit over an artist they love. It's sad really, so many angry people, if you don't like his views leave, don't like his music don't listen. Instead several here look for some like minded opinions to attack something/someone that provides escape and makes you think about different perspectives. You don't have to agree with everything he says, you dont need to comment either. Nothing nice to say, go bully some children or whatever else you do.

Is that mock-up of YATQ at the top of the post something that has been developed for a possible re-issue, or just something SER has cobbled together?
I feel like I’ve seen it somewhere before.
I believe these were for the BMG label re-releases that were supposed to happen until they parted ways. There were new designs for all of the albums getting the re-release treatment, hopefully soon.

Definitions too are important I think. I would be curious to know how you would define ´far right´. I would suggest it´s being in favour of totalitarianism and a society organised along ´racial´ lines. I would detest living under any government of that kind. I think most sane people would.
In his time Moz has voiced support for Tony Benn, described by the media as far left, and AMW, described by the media as far right. Both labels I think are fairly meaningless when used in this way.

The labels can be meaningless. But Anne Marie Water's cohorts of the last few years are people who have the old-fashioned cultural intolerance of the far right. Katie Hopkins is a fine example; she seems to possess all of the traditional bigotries and then some. Obviously the new-fashioned left has taken up its own form of intolerance, leaving Waters with virtually nowhere to go, but I think it's better to be the voice of one crying in the wilderness than to compromise with very ugly ideologues. Waters is now, at the very least by association, far-right. The damning video posted earlier on this thread suggests that she is personally. I lament it. The beauty of her performance in the Oxford Union debate is in her poised ferocity, her perfectly-controlled zealotry. Sadly, that zealotry appears to be no longer in check.

"Anons" wanting real-time debate and discussion should register.
Unless, of course, there's a reason you can't register 🤔
If you are that invested in threads - you will have seen this stated numerous times throughout the site.
The 'approval' queue is subject to human failings like being busy. Registering bypasses this.
FWD.

I believe these were for the BMG label re-releases that were supposed to happen until they parted ways. There were new designs for all of the albums getting the re-release treatment, hopefully soon.
Thanks, that rings a bell now.

The labels can be meaningless. But Anne Marie Water's cohorts of the last few years are people who have the old-fashioned cultural intolerance of the far right. Katie Hopkins is a fine example; she seems to possess all of the traditional bigotries and then some. Obviously the new-fashioned left has taken up its own form of intolerance, leaving Waters with virtually nowhere to go, but I think it's better to be the voice of one crying in the wilderness than to compromise with very ugly ideologues. Waters is now, at the very least by association, far-right. The damning video posted earlier on this thread suggests that she is personally. I lament it. The beauty of her performance in the Oxford Union debate is in her poised ferocity, her perfectly-controlled zealotry. Sadly, that zealotry appears to be no longer in check.

Her zealotry was never in check. The woman is a narcissistic idiotic operating on pure primal instinct.

You must understand that AMW is your version of our Marjorie Taylor Green. The major distinction here being that AMW is probably less savvy than MJT is at enriching her personal bank account by participating in schemes of political graft.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again - the moment that AMW showed up to one of M's concerts proclaiming to her livestream audience that she'd been invited by M himself was a moment that the narrative of him being painted as sympathizer/supporter of far right ideologues was cemented. The staffer responsible for facilitating that should immediately be sling shotted to the moon.

I don't mince words. Because I am correct.

Her zealotry was never in check. The woman is a narcissistic idiotic operating on pure primal instinct.

You must understand that AMW is your version of our Marjorie Taylor Green. The major distinction here being that AMW is probably less savvy than MJT is at enriching her personal bank account by participating in schemes of political graft.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again - the moment that AMW showed up to one of M's concerts proclaiming to her livestream audience that she'd been invited by M himself was a moment that the narrative of him being painted as sympathizer/supporter of far right ideologues was cemented. The staffer responsible for facilitating that should immediately be sling shotted to the moon.

Do you have any footage/evidence of this video, because I’ve never heard of this invite before.

She live streamed from the queue to get in - I watched it.
She certainly didn't even get on "the list" that night.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom