When Morrissey was nominated for a Grammy back in '92, did he attend the show??

Re: No

He sure did not. We even snuck our way into the Sunset Marque because of the rumor he was going to attend, but had to settle having a drink next to U2(minus Bono) instead. What a boring night.....

He was rumoured to be going to the awards and according to the NME record with Prince during the trip (he was still in the UK.) I laboured through the show just in case. Turns out the "best alternative" Grammy went to Tom Waits in the afternoon as they don't have time to give all the Grammy's out by day. Who really gives a shit though. f***in' Wil Smith has three more Grammys than Moz, it doesn't mean jack.

> He was rumoured to be going to the awards and according to the NME record
> with Prince during the trip (he was still in the UK.) I laboured through
> the show just in case. Turns out the "best alternative" Grammy
> went to Tom Waits in the afternoon as they don't have time to give all the
> Grammy's out by day. Who really gives a shit though. f***in' Wil Smith has
> three more Grammys than Moz, it doesn't mean jack.

you're right. i heard the clash tribute last night was great, but other than that i think awards shows like the grammy's are a travesty. norah f***ing jones? are you kidding me? i heard most of the songs from her album and they just redefined the word "average." oh well, at least the best new artist grammy is the kiss of death (kind of like best actress at the oscars -- what have gwyneth and hilary done of late?) so maybe boring norah will just go away...8 f***ing grammys when moz has none...what kind of world is this? indeed, the grammy's mean NOTHING.

Back
Top Bottom