When did you quit Morrissey?

I will never"leave" Morrissey,I believe all this "he is a racist " is all bollocks and is being used to suppress and oppress him because he has opinions that others do not share.

Aye mate; so did Hitler and Pol Pot.

And I do not care about invoking Goddard's law.

You understand how free speech works? Morrissey is free to say and do whatever he likes, and everyone else is free to call him out in it. Do you understand that? In your world is it only fair to say nice things about the man? Is it?

Racism doesn't frighten me. Because most of the time it doesn't actually exist - but is a psychological problem of the beholder.

“No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them” Elie Wiesel​

tenor.gif

I'd be interested in seeing this racism, Trill. Do you have any links?

I'm not sure what you meant by 'this' racism but have you tried looking at any comment made by Reelfountain? It might not be what you were referring to but you'll find a sewer full of racism.

I bought Low in High School, it was atrocious, didn't bother with the covers album. His last two studio albums have been virtually unlistenable. I don't let the politics interfere with the music.

A random selection of criticisms made by Reelfountain that apparently have nothing to do with hate:

"black men are scum"
"Muslims are rapists and gang rapists"
"Immigrants are murderers"

tenor.gif

3396688_0.jpg
All three quotes are from your imagination.

That makes you a liar as well as a slave to identity politics.

Last edited:
A racist person wouldn't have done any of this:

"This recording is dedicated to Dick Gregory (1932-2017)" - Morrissey - Low in High School

R-11154946-1512229159-5060.jpeg.jpg

Morrissey & Dick Gregory

Morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-Dick-Gregory.jpg

Morrissey shares touching eulogy for the late Dick Gregory

Morrissey has paid tribute to comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory after died on Saturday (19th), aged 84.

Gregory, who was a pioneering and leading force of comedy in the 1960s, died of heart failure: “It is with enormous sadness that the Gregory family confirms that their father, comedic legend and civil rights activist Mr. Dick Gregory, departed this earth tonight in Washington, D.C.,” his son Christian Gregory said via a statement. “The family appreciates the outpouring of support and love and respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Following the news, former Smiths frontman Morrissey has shared his own eulogy to the late comedian:

“Dick Gregory, America’s last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly – work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us … as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace.”

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-dick-gregory/
Thx for this @001 !

Aye mate; so did Hitler and Pol Pot.

And I do not care about invoking Goddard's law.

You understand how free speech works? Morrissey is free to say and do whatever he likes, and everyone else is free to call him out in it. Do you understand that? In your world is it only fair to say nice things about the man? Is it?

do you understand what the definition of a bully is. stop bullying Morrissey!

I will never"leave" Morrissey,I believe all this "he is a racist " is all bollocks and is being used to suppress and oppress him because he has opinions that others do not share.

I’ll “leave” Morrissey when I’ve got a proof for that he is being a racist.
As long as his opinion is, that not EVERY culture is matching to EVERY other culture, I am able to tolerate his opinion. And to make my own opinion clear: I’m a friend of diversity and I love the idea of transculturalism - but I’m also very critical against all extrem religious and political positions, which are not respecting the law or human rights.
Because this extremists split societies and turn lovely and tolerant people into haters.

No man is above the law.

Last edited:
I bought Low High School in the second week of its release so I didn't contribute to its chart position.
The early 2018 UK tour was the the first one ever that I could have gone to but didn't (I could have got to the venue in 30 mins).
I haven't bought California Sun, and I won't buy it or attend any more concerts until he unambiguously revokes his support for right-wing political parties (and I don't care whether they're near right, middle right, or far right).
It appears around 60-65% of his previous UK fan-base are doing likewise.
Simple choice there for you, Steve.

A racist person wouldn't have done any of this:

"This recording is dedicated to Dick Gregory (1932-2017)" - Morrissey - Low in High School

R-11154946-1512229159-5060.jpeg.jpg

Morrissey & Dick Gregory

Morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-Dick-Gregory.jpg

Morrissey shares touching eulogy for the late Dick Gregory

Morrissey has paid tribute to comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory after died on Saturday (19th), aged 84.

Gregory, who was a pioneering and leading force of comedy in the 1960s, died of heart failure: “It is with enormous sadness that the Gregory family confirms that their father, comedic legend and civil rights activist Mr. Dick Gregory, departed this earth tonight in Washington, D.C.,” his son Christian Gregory said via a statement. “The family appreciates the outpouring of support and love and respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Following the news, former Smiths frontman Morrissey has shared his own eulogy to the late comedian:

“Dick Gregory, America’s last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly – work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us … as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace.”

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-dick-gregory/

People should check out his last few interviews on youtube............I'm not saying he's away with the faeries.........but he's not far off. Sounds like a black David Icke. :crazy:

Well you are criticising people entering the country BECAUSE of who they are, and resenting their presence because of who they are, not wanting to be around them or mix with them because of who they are and beleiving you have more of a right than them to occupy a space simply because you're white British and they're not.

If that's not hate and prejudice, then I don't know what is.

If the indignous people of a country don't have any rights to that country.........then who the hell does?

If the indignous people of a country don't have any rights to that country.........then who the hell does?

Show me one quote, just one,
where someone in this forum has said that
indigenous peoples of a country
have no rights in that country?

giphy.gif

3396688_0.jpg

Nice try, Trill.

If you post a thread on a forum claiming that someone is racist, you better have f***ing proof to back that claim up. So, where's the proof?
Why should I supply facts for The Morrissey Mental Gymantics Team to frantically deny? You know the facts, you just can’t live with them.

I bought Low in High School, it was atrocious, didn't bother with the covers album. His last two studio albums have been virtually unlistenable. I don't let the politics interfere with the music.

First half of LIHS was decent.....second side was b-sides. The anti-soldier song's sentiments were ridiculous.

I thought the words ruined many of the songs on LIHS. The music was pretty good.
But there were some beauties on World Peace (deluxe). Julie in the Weeds is an absolutely gorgeous song. So lovely, musically and lyrically.
Drag the River isn't far behind. And there were plenty of great moments on the main World Peace album. Smiler is fantastic, Oboe Concerto is rather nice. Mountjoy is a pretty, strummy thing with a lovely cello part. Stairway to University was a great piece of music although a bit ruined by some stupid lyrics. Have really enjoyed some of the other recent non-album songs e.g. I thought you was dead, and Blue dreamers' eyes.
Generally, the Joe Picallil era has much to recommend it. If Morrissey avoids any more ghastly sex songs, and his clumsy attempts at understanding geo-politics (e.g. Israel and the song World Peace) we can still have potentially great collections of songs.

Back
Top Bottom