When did you quit Morrissey?

I’m interested to see when people stopped buying Morrissey records. I know a lot on here still buy them, of course, but a lot have stopped. So, what was the last Morrissey album you bought? Why did you stop? And, harder to admit this, when do you think you should have stopped?

It could have been an interesting thread if you had stopped there... You had to spoil it with your childish ideas.

Anyway... I didn't quite Morrissey, but the last physical/touchable album by him I bought was World Peace (if I am not wrong).
My reasons are unrelated to Morrissey though... I simply decided around that time that CDs were obsolete and I already had a bizarre amount of them (right now they are in some 15 huge boxes waiting for the day in which I can make a list of them and sell them)... And the other option was vinyls, but I ended up having five 2 meter shells filled with vinyls (which is simply 10 meters of vinyls, I do not know how many they are, but probably by far less than what the average vinyl collector has) and I understood that I didn't want more of them without caring who is the artist.
In the same way that I also gave up purchasing DVDs (thankfully I didn't think of collecting 35 mm films).

I am quite sure that this is also the case of a lot of people... a reason that is unrelated to Morrissey, but maybe related to Benjamin's Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction (or not!)... thus the physical sales of albums (CDs, Vinyls of whatever) are probably a terrible way of getting which artists are appreciated and which ones are not nowadays. I know Morrissey is an enthusiast of the vinyls, but a lot of people aren't... and the alternatives are becoming obsolete.

Giving up listening to Morrissey is not something that happened to me, though I do not have a physical copy of the albums after World Peace (though it's because I would not get a CD or vinyl by ANY artist I like even if someone offered it to me for free and even if they decided to give it to me at my own kitchen whilst I am having my breakfast).

Anyone else doesn't have a physical copy of the last albums because of the same reason?

(the ones who "gave up" Morrissey because of his "racism" can give up breathing air, because that's probably racist too).

It could have been an interesting thread if you had stopped there... You had to spoil it with your childish ideas.

Anyway... I didn't quite Morrissey, but the last physical/touchable album by him I bought was World Peace (if I am not wrong).
My reasons are unrelated to Morrissey though... I simply decided around that time that CDs were obsolete and I already had a bizarre amount of them (right now they are in some 15 huge boxes waiting for the day in which I can make a list of them and sell them)... And the other option was vinyls, but I ended up having five 2 meter shells filled with vinyls (which is simply 10 meters of vinyls, I do not know how many they are, but probably by far less than what the average vinyl collector has) and I understood that I didn't want more of them without caring who is the artist.
In the same way that I also gave up purchasing DVDs (thankfully I didn't think of collecting 35 mm films).

I am quite sure that this is also the case of a lot of people... a reason that is unrelated to Morrissey, but maybe related to Benjamin's Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction (or not!)... thus the physical sales of albums (CDs, Vinyls of whatever) are probably a terrible way of getting which artists are appreciated and which ones are not nowadays. I know Morrissey is an enthusiast of the vinyls, but a lot of people aren't... and the alternatives are becoming obsolete.

Giving up listening to Morrissey is not something that happened to me, though I do not have a physical copy of the albums after World Peace (though it's because I would not get a CD or vinyl by ANY artist I like even if someone offered it to me for free and even if they decided to give it to me at my own kitchen whilst I am having my breakfast).

Anyone else doesn't have a physical copy of the last albums because of the same reason?

(the ones who "gave up" Morrissey because of his "racism" can give up breathing air, because that's probably racist too).
Christ, that was dull.

If certain people have now 'quit' Morrissey, why are they still here? I count myself among the many of his fans that enjoy his opinions and admire his honesty. Therefore it's unsurprising that I am here on a Morrissey fan site. The idea of 'giving up' on a musician because a few of their opinions happen to differ from mine seems ludicrous. I can't even imagine being that intolerant.

As we are all to aware: you are NOT a fan. Never have been. Never will be. Morrissey is just the latest opportunity that you have hitched your alt-right wagon to. It's not at all surprising that you arrived on a Morrissey fan site following Morrissey's support for Farage, Waters, Yaxley-Lennon et al which was widely reported. You have no need to imagine being that intolerant, you are that intolerant.

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing-400x337-1.jpg

After learning to love
Morrissey with Bona Drag
And a cassette Smiths compilation,
I first quit him with Your Arsenal.
Then I came back with You Are the Quarry,
But lost him again after that.
Then I came back again with Spent the Day
in Bed and never quit again. I then went back
And got all of the albums I had missed
(Including the Smiths). Low in High School
When it clicks in an emotional way is one
Of the best things he’s done.

What kind of person quits with Your Arsenal? :squiffy:
Somebody who felt the homoerotic rockabilly band tiresome. I would think the same thing about Genet years later. Why would I be tired of that, I wonder? Although I did watch the videos for Tomorrow and My Love Life almost daily for a period this year. I guess it just depends what hits you and when.

Somebody who felt the homoerotic rockabilly band tiresome. I would think the same thing about Genet years later. Why would I be tired of that, I wonder? Although I did watch the videos for Tomorrow and My Love Life almost daily for a period this year. I guess it just depends what hits you and when.

If band's are all male, does that make them all homo-erotic?:squiffy:

After learning to love
Morrissey with Bona Drag
And a cassette Smiths compilation,
I first quit him with Your Arsenal.
Then I came back with You Are the Quarry,
But lost him again after that.
Then I came back again with Spent the Day
in Bed and never quit again. I then went back
And got all of the albums I had missed
(Including the Smiths). Low in High School
When it clicks in an emotional way is one
Of the best things he’s done.

It's so easy to spot the fake posts by Moz family and friends.
Desperate times indeed.
That long one about lp sales was such a long winded way of saying 'hey uncle is still popular. Even if people aren't buying'

Aye mate; so did Hitler and Pol Pot.

And I do not care about invoking Goddard's law.

It's Godwin's Law ,you knuckle dragging dolt.

Been on the sauce again?

I remember the time when "P" would castigate posters for invoking Godwin's Law.
Funny how things change

I'm relatively a new member and I do struggle with a post like this. Why are you here asking this question. If your struggling with his right for free speech and no longer relating to his lyrics and music I would be seeking experiences on other forums.

I’m interested to see when people stopped buying Morrissey records. I know a lot on here still buy them, of course, but a lot have stopped. So, what was the last Morrissey album you bought? Why did you stop? And, harder to admit this, when do you think you should have stopped?

For me, the last album I bought was World Peace.

I stopped because of the racism.

Probably should have stopped at Ringleaders, even though Vauxhall and I is his last properly good album. Not my favourite, mind. And I’m not saying Ringleaders is bad. Just everything after it is.

I'm relatively a new member and I do struggle with a post like this. Why are you here asking this question. If your struggling with his right for free speech and no longer relating to his lyrics and music I would be seeking experiences on other forums.

Do you give up on your football team, if they start playing shit, or give up on your kids if they start acting out. Just severe all ties with an artist just cos’ he’s acting a twat?. I hate the “put up or shut up” attitude some of you fans have. You preach about Morrissey’s right to free speech and deny anyone’s who opposes him. Its not a “let’s suck morrisseys arse” forum. It’s for all things relating to Morrissey, for and against.

I ain’t give up on the music, even tho California Son, World Peace, and Low In High School sucked balls, and are total write offs in my opinion. If those albums were to be erased from history right now, I wouldn’t miss them one bit. Infact, it would just strengthen his resume again. Those 3 are serious fly’s in the ointment of an otherwise really strong career.
That said, I still think there’s great material in him, so I’ll hang around a little longer.

..as for the other stuff, let’s not go there.

If you took time to educate yourself and research rather than take the corrupted media's stance of opinion your words would be some much more positive.

Don't attack if your out of your comfort zone. Research and have your own opinion from there. Based on your reply I suspect you haven't. I don't know what you read and what media if any you watch or listen to. Don't trust the media, there is an agenda and artists like Morrissey are the only ones saying the Unsayable. If you want politically correct may I Suggest and Elton John or Ed Sheeran who both bow down to the Queen.

If thats your opinion so be it and we must respect it.

If you took time to educate yourself and research rather than take the corrupted media's stance of opinion your words would be some much more positive.

Don't attack if your out of your comfort zone. Research and have your own opinion from there. Based on your reply I suspect you haven't. I don't know what you read and what media if any you watch or listen to. Don't trust the media, there is an agenda and artists like Morrissey are the only ones saying the Unsayable. If you want politically correct may I Suggest and Elton John or Ed Sheeran who both bow down to the Queen.

If thats your opinion so be it and we must respect it.

Educate myself lol yawn, another snide mozbot twat.

Back
Top Bottom