When did you quit Morrissey?

I stopped after 'World Peace,' mainly because LIHS is a very poor album. I didn't even bother with the covers album. The increasingly right-wing nature of his public outbursts have further put me off. I find his pro-Farage, pro-Brexit opinions to be particularly nauseating, as does his constantly posting alt-right videos. And I'm not going to listen to lectures on the state of Britain by a tax-exile who hasn't lived here for at least twenty years.
I still love The Smiths though.

I stopped just after buying LIHS which I thought to be a good album. I didn't feel able to support Morrissey anymore. His comments and endorsements are far removed from who I am.

I have never heard the covers album and don't intend to listen to it.

I remain a fan of The Smiths.

I quit Morrissey ages ago and something like 2003 when he toured Sweden. Since then I've not even heard all his songs released since and probably never will. To me he was always a brilliant political philosopher and that part of him was always more important than the music.

He's also the greatest misunderstood comedian ever and his outlook on life is hilarious and so true. I am his only soulmate but he never had the chance to marry me.
No wait the double dates at Karlstad in 2006 was the last for me not 2003. A great way to say goodbye to going to gigs and following him and his music.

He smiled at me for so long and seemed so happy.

Good evening,

None of us have really quit our mutual friend, as we all linger on here from time to time.

For myself, the last thing I bought at time of release was Vauxhall and I.

I was sent a tape version of southpaw grammar but an old friend from US, and have only heard fleeting parts of anything released since.

I knew my loyalties were waning, when I opted to see The Sundays in Manchester and London, the same nights that he played battersea and Chester.

Over recent years I’ve sold almost all my vinyl collection and only a few bits of memorabilia remain.

I’ve often compared my feelings toward him, as that you would do for a best friend who plays Sunday league football. You’d turn up to support them rain or shine, but deep down knowing you felt they had missed their moment and things weren’t as good as they were once.

But still hoping that one day, some time , a glorious return.

It’s hard to look back and think that I once lived on every word, and could relate to all beyond and comprehension, but you then have a stark realisation that they were ONLY words.

On one of the occasions we met, he mentioned that I was an “omnipresent”, I laughed and simply blamed him for happening to be at concert venues the same time I was.

Yet, despite it all, certain songs, at certain times still bring a grown man to tears.

Stay charming , with ambiance

L .

Good evening,

None of us have really quit our mutual friend, as we all linger on here from time to time.

I was sent a tape version of southpaw grammar but an old friend from US, and have only heard fleeting parts of anything released since.

I knew my loyalties were waning, when I opted to see The Sundays in Manchester and London, the same nights that he played battersea and Chester.

Over recent years I’ve sold almost all my vinyl collection and only a few bits of memorabilia remain.

I’ve often compared my feelings toward him, as that you would do for a best friend who plays Sunday league football. You’d turn up to support them rain or shine, but deep down knowing you felt they had missed their moment and things weren’t as good as they were once.

It’s hard to look back and think that I once lived on every word, and could relate to all beyond and comprehension, but you then have a stark realisation that they were ONLY words.

On one of the occasions we met, he mentioned that I was an “omnipresent”, I laughed and simply blamed him for happening to be at concert venues the same time I was.

Yet, despite it all, certain songs, at certain times still bring a grown man to tears.

L .

JFS!!!:swear

is this you, Skinny? wearing a sweater in the summertime?:censored:

Hoping you can move on and stop bothering us with this incessant virtue signaling. We get it. You’re woke. You’re also a dreadful bore whose entire sense of self appears to be predicated on that which hate.

I’m still with Morrissey. I’m one of those old-school fans who actually purchases the albums. I own all of The Smiths’ and Morrissey’s releases. Well, maybe not like some of you, but all the albums and comps and a few singles. California Son I received as a much appreciated gift. But everything else I payed cash money for and I will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Until Morrissey says something along the lines of ... I prefer to stay with my own race because it is superior to all other races, which he hasn’t said, then I don’t see why folks are getting their knickers in a twist.

I can’t wait for the next album.

:cool:

I reckon The California Son's popularity in his home state California is top mental brilliant!! I reckon I have never seen his popularity higher since the release of his self titled album California Son. I reckon we just had a Smiths CD/ tape cassette burning bon fire party down on Malibu last week and I know the California Son saw us because he waived his Dodger flag on his balcony from his and Aunt Nancy's house. How many times do I have to order you foreigners just to get get off this website and GO HOME!! Stop talking shit about the California Son. You do have your own bands like Right Said Fred, Joy Order, Men at Work, Happy Mondays, Spinal Tap, the Nazi lady who sings 99 looft ballons. Get out of here mate inn nnn n nnn nnnnnnn c*** inn nn tit n nnn tossey in n n n it.

Good evening,

L .
Sorry to piss on your world consisting only of you but some of us have quit and abandoned his music which is what this is about. I haven't listened to 5-6 albums from him and prefer the older material.

Repeating my statement that criticism is open to all reflects poorly on your argument,if you do not believe that Morrissey is not free to do whatever he wants do not say it.

How do you know, if you haven't even listened to them? :confused:
I just do and of course I heard snippets but he became crap at lyrics that had any meaning plus the musicians dominated too much for my liking and they were never any good trained school musicians as they are who read from sheets of music and never invent anything themselves.

Maybe age played a part as well, not just interested. I mean Moz declined in the 90's. Viva Hate was the ultimate album and after that he could not do the impossible.

But are you really out, though, when you incessantly lurk around here for days on end? You haven't 'quit' Morrissey. Not even close. I'm looking forward to you explaining why you keep hanging around here, thinking, discussing Morrissey, when, in your own world you have quit him.
I’ve already explained it

f***face trill classes himself as a senior member with his 921 posts,fudd.

Back
Top Bottom