When did you quit Morrissey?

Trill

I’m interested to see when people stopped buying Morrissey records. I know a lot on here still buy them, of course, but a lot have stopped. So, what was the last Morrissey album you bought? Why did you stop? And, harder to admit this, when do you think you should have stopped?

For me, the last album I bought was World Peace.

I stopped because of the racism.

Probably should have stopped at Ringleaders, even though Vauxhall and I is his last properly good album. Not my favourite, mind. And I’m not saying Ringleaders is bad. Just everything after it is.

Good question.

World Peace was also the last album I bought (it was also the first tour I did not attend). I should have stopped around Years of Refusal; that's the first truly dire disc that I made excuses for. Ringleader was a mediocre effort, but his live show was still magnificent (I'll never forget watching him sing "I'll Never Be Anyone's Hero Now" while being adored beyond all measure at the London Palladium. The pathos of that moment was overwhelming).

I recently caught the opening night of his Broadway residency though (I relented and bought a discount ticket the morning of the show). He was wonderful.

That is the conundrum.

I stopped at Hand In Glove. I only bought that cause I liked the sleeve image of the fella with his arse out.

I stand by my decision.

Good question.

World Peace was also the last album I bought (it was also the first tour I did not attend). I should have stopped around Years of Refusal; that's the first truly dire disc that I made excuses for. Ringleader was a mediocre effort, but his live show was still magnificent (I'll never forget watching him sing "I'll Never Be Anyone's Hero Now" while being adored beyond all measure at the London Palladium. The pathos of that moment was overwhelming).

I recently caught the opening night of his Broadway residency though (I relented and bought a discount ticket the morning of the show). He was wonderful.

That is the conundrum.
That’s a very good point, I never asked about live shows. I should have. Embarrassingly, I saw him at Alexandra Palace last year but, in my defence, my friend and I got free tickets and we really only went for a laugh. We’d definitely given up on him by then. It was an absolutely awful gig. He did a couple of decent songs (badly) but then he also did 9 absolutely terrible songs in a row. Don’t get me wrong, I still want him to redeem himself but, really, I’m glad I’m out.

I’m interested to see when people stopped buying Morrissey records. I know a lot on here still buy them, of course, but a lot have stopped. So, what was the last Morrissey album you bought? Why did you stop? And, harder to admit this, when do you think you should have stopped?

For me, the last album I bought was World Peace.

I stopped because of the racism.

Probably should have stopped at Ringleaders, even though Vauxhall and I is his last properly good album. Not my favourite, mind. And I’m not saying Ringleaders is bad. Just everything after it is.
How come you were fine and dandy with Bengali in Platforms (1988) and his 'racist' comments on British immigration (2004)?

That’s a very good point, I never asked about live shows. I should have. Embarrassingly, I saw him at Alexandra Palace last year but, in my defence, my friend and I got free tickets and we really only went for a laugh. We’d definitely given up on him by then. It was an absolutely awful gig. He did a couple of decent songs (badly) but then he also did 9 absolutely terrible songs in a row. Don’t get me wrong, I still want him to redeem himself but, really, I’m glad I’m out.

And why do you come here?
If you don‘t like him, then don‘t look at him!
I will buy his records until the very end and why, because I love his singing voice sooooo much. And I don‘t think he is an evil person because of his politics, whom I do not understand in all points either.

A racist person wouldn't have done any of this:

"This recording is dedicated to Dick Gregory (1932-2017)" - Morrissey - Low in High School

R-11154946-1512229159-5060.jpeg.jpg

Morrissey & Dick Gregory

Morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-Dick-Gregory.jpg

Morrissey shares touching eulogy for the late Dick Gregory

Morrissey has paid tribute to comedian and civil rights activist Dick Gregory after died on Saturday (19th), aged 84.

Gregory, who was a pioneering and leading force of comedy in the 1960s, died of heart failure: “It is with enormous sadness that the Gregory family confirms that their father, comedic legend and civil rights activist Mr. Dick Gregory, departed this earth tonight in Washington, D.C.,” his son Christian Gregory said via a statement. “The family appreciates the outpouring of support and love and respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Following the news, former Smiths frontman Morrissey has shared his own eulogy to the late comedian:

“Dick Gregory, America’s last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly – work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us … as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace.”

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/morrissey-shares-touching-eulogy-for-the-late-dick-gregory/

You’re right. I shouldn’t have been and I’m ashamed of it. Good point, well made.
Shows how slow and dumb you are. Moz has been giving perceived 'racist quotes' since the word go. Not very bright are you?

And you just can't let go. Here on a Morrissey site.

It's time for you to leave and to take your political correctness with you.

I’m afraid it’s hard to see the links when your head is so far up your own arse. If you ever take your head out, have a look around. The evidence is right there.

Nice try, Trill.

If you post a thread on a forum claiming that someone is racist, you better have f***ing proof to back that claim up. So, where's the proof?

Morrissey has never uttered a racist comment in his life.

To criticize mass immigration and its effects has nothing to do with hate.

Sorry to break it to you, and it should be an obvious point, but as long as you keep returning to this website you haven't "quit Morrissey".

I talk to a woman occasionally who still brings up her boyfriend who broke up with her three years ago. She hates him now, and only wishes the worst for him because of how things ended, and yet she'd get back with him in an instant if he wanted her.

That's your relationship with Morrissey. As long as he continues to occupy space in your head, no "quitting" has occurred. I've hardly listened to Smashing Pumpkins in years for example who once were a favourite of mine, but I never felt the need to announce on one of their fan forums that I was quitting them. And I certainly never went to any of their gigs thereafter "for the laugh". Gain some self-awareness!

I will never"leave" Morrissey,I believe all this "he is a racist " is all bollocks and is being used to suppress and oppress him because he has opinions that others do not share.

Well you are criticising people entering the country BECAUSE of who they are, and resenting their presence because of who they are, not wanting to be around them or mix with them because of who they are and beleiving you have more of a right than them to occupy a space simply because you're white British and they're not.

If that's not hate and prejudice, then I don't know what is.

A random selection of criticisms made by Reelfountain that apparently have nothing to do with hate:

"black men are scum"
"Muslims are rapists and gang rapists"
"Immigrants are murderers"

tenor.gif

3396688_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom