When did Morrissey and Jake break up?

Dreadful.

With all due respect, I disagree with you.
Like this very much.
Thank you for sharing.
Good song and very good singing voice.
That band she has now is also right on it.
This is maybe the best I've heard from her.
Cheers anyway!

Like this very much.
Thank you for sharing.
Good song and very good singing voice.
That band she has now is also right on it.
This is maybe the best I've heard from her.
Cheers anyway!

That ain't no voice.
I regularly hear my neighbour scream at her kids and let me tell you, it sounds a lot better thatn KY's screech.
She's got an attitude of a frustrated teenage girl who is also trying too hard to be unique. Instead, she comes across as a foolish constipated turd.
If it wasn't for Morrissey, I would have never known about this talentless twit. I will always hold that against him. I don't understand how people can find this sort of vocal abuse appealing.
She also looks like she escaped an asylum.

That ain't no voice.
I regularly hear my neighbour scream at her kids and let me tell you, it sounds a lot better thatn KY's screech.
She's got an attitude of a frustrated teenage girl who is also trying too hard to be unique. Instead, she comes across as a foolish constipated turd.
If it wasn't for Morrissey, I would have never known about this talentless twit. I will always hold that against him. I don't understand how people can find this sort of vocal abuse appealing.

You just described a snowflake.

Look carefully this 'tape', he (J. W.) is just - assistant. Close, but just - assistant, because (finale of this 'tape' revealed; cca 1 min 20 sec) "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance..." - Oscar Wilde. ;)

don't know what you're getting at, oh o.k. yes, the Oscar quote and M kissing his own image. Nice clip, I've met JW a few times, was always kind. Though relationships people have between each other is none of anyone's beeswax and means little to me, as long as people are happy for a while, for most love is... only... for a while.

Last edited:
That ain't no voice.

To be honest, I don't know why I like it.
I have no words for it.
It just appealed to me.
I liked her vocal contributions to Morrissey's music.
Maybe I have a bad taste. So be it.
Don't hold it against Moz.
He is no god who can't do anything wrong.
And he has a reputation of hit and miss and trial and error. And standing his ground.
Sometimes leading to great music and sometimes to mwah, not that great music.
I hope you don't mind too much I like it even if you can't understand why.
Thanks again for sharing.

I have no words for it.
It just appealed to me.
And he has a reputation of hit and miss and trial and error. And standing his ground.

I appreciate when people expose me to a great music. But I also hate when people subject me to an awful piece of shit music. The clip below is THE ABSOLUTE MOMENT when I heard and saw Morrissey for the first time. I remember coming into my friend's living room in late November 1989. He was playing this clip on the black and white TV from badly recorded VHS tape while getting dressed in his bedroom for our evening out. I shouted over my shoulder: Who is that? He just said. Oh, that's Morrissey (even though they were playing as the Smiths). He just said it so matter-of-factly. I, on the other hand, sat on the floor, back against the sofa and watched it in utter disbelief. Is he real? I believed every word he sung, I was hypnotized by the fire he exuded by his singing and stage presence. It was a pure passion and in that moment, there and then, I begun my platonic love affair with Morrissey and I wanted more. He held my utter devotion for many, many years. There were other bands that I respect and love, but I've never seen the same level of adoration toward anyone else.

I appreciate when people expose me to a great music. But I also hate when people subject me to an awful piece of shit music. The clip below is THE ABSOLUTE MOMENT when I heard and saw Morrissey for the first time. I remember coming into my friend's living room in late November 1989. He was playing this clip on the black and white TV from badly recorded VHS tape while getting dressed in his bedroom for our evening out. I shouted over my shoulder: Who is that? He just said. Oh, that's Morrissey (even though they were playing as the Smiths). He just said it so matter-of-factly. I, on the other hand, sat on the floor, back against the sofa and watched it in utter disbelief. Is he real? I believed every word he sung, I was hypnotized by the fire he exuded by his singing and stage presence. It was a pure passion and in that moment, there and then, I begun my platonic love affair with Morrissey and I wanted more. He held my utter devotion for many, many years. There were other bands that I respect and love, but I've never seen the same level of adoration toward anyone else.

I can completely understand cause I had the same experience with the same song and I had never heard the music of The Smiths. I was aware of their existence only by reading the NME.
Which was not that easily available in those years, in the beginning in Holland.
It took me some time to get all info getting back in time and I loved all their music.
It was like a dear treasure found and very personal to me.
Thanks very much for sharing. :thumb:

I have no words for it.
It just appealed to me.
Not something you can justify, there is no right or wrong with musical taste, it's just the way it is.

What ridiculous nonsense.

There is no such thing as a "humasexual community" and you know it.

What does "humasexual" even mean? He's not f***ing dogs or refrigerators? How profound and edgy.

Well, there's no such thing as the "gay community" either. It's just a nonsense term to make things seem fuzzier and more human than they really are.

I kind of like Morrissey's idea of just saying he's humasexual. It's less limiting and changes how you think about things. You get to keep an open mind and avoid false expectations (ie. "I'm only supposed to like men") informing the way you conduct yourself.

Well, there's no such thing as the "gay community" either. It's just a nonsense term to make things seem fuzzier and more human than they really are.

I kind of like Morrissey's idea of just saying he's humasexual. It's less limiting and changes how you think about things. You get to keep an open mind and avoid false expectations (ie. "I'm only supposed to like men") informing the way you conduct yourself.

Well, I'm glad a sixty year old millionaire rock star gets to keep his options open.

There is a gay community and there is a gay rights movement. There is no humasexual rights movement. The gay rights movement is a civil rights movement that has achieved a lot over these past decades, although gay people are still beaten, bullied, discriminated against and killed for being gay.

Now there seems to be an effort to somehow erase the word gay (from Conservatives and Liberals alike). They are trying to strip the empowerment from our very own rights movement. All of a sudden we are the LGBTQIHHDXFGRERHE community. It undermines and trivialises everything the Ls, Gs and Ts have fought for. We have absolutely nothing in common with the asexuals, the demisexuals, the humasexuals, the questioning.

This f***ing alphabet soup special snowflake sexuality shit needs to go. You don't like sex? Great. You don't need a parade or protection. You only have sex with people you feel romantically towards? Wonderful. What are you worried about? Being low-libido-bashed? Losing your job because you won't have casual sex?

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad a sixty year old millionaire rock star gets to keep his options open.

There is a gay community and there is a gay rights movement. There is no humasexual rights movement. The gay rights movement is a civil rights movement that has achieved a lot over these past decades, although gay people are still beaten, bullied, discriminated against and killed for being gay.

Now there seems to be an effort to somehow erase the word gay (from Conservatives and Liberals alike). They are trying to strip the empowerment from our very own rights movement. All of a sudden we are the LGBTQIHHDXFGRERHE community. It undermines and trivialises everything the Ls, Gs and Ts have fought for. We have absolutely nothing in common with the asexuals, the demisexuals, the humasexuals, the questioning.

This f***ing alphabet soup special snowflake sexuality shit needs to go. You don't like sex? Great. You don't need a parade or protection. You only have sex with people you feel romantically towards? Wonderful. What are you worried about? Being low-libido-bashed? Losing your job because you won't have casual sex?

Well yes, I do agree with what you say with regard to the historical rights movement. Is there a meaningful rights movement now? The progressives want there to be—hence the acronym, which gives them infinite possibilities with regard to persons seeking various "rights" and encourages everyone to consider themselves oppressed for eternity—but I'm not seeing it in terms of the actual rights movement that was once relevant in the 70s-80s.

I'm not convinced there is a "gay community" either. What joins two people who like men who otherwise have nothing in common? There is no sense of, nor is there a logical need for community, among these persons. The only "community" there seems to be are "gay villages" which are, it seems to be, only gathering places for a queer rainbow flag-waving sub-group of the homosexual population.

That acronym is a joke and makes no sense anyway. I have no idea, for example, why the "L" comes first. It's totally bizarre, and I suppose Morrissey, like many men who are into men, really see no value in associating with such a bizarre mish-mash of "weirdos"—literally—"queers." The whole idea that you have to be "queer" because of your preferences is untoward, in my view. I mean, most guys just want some dick; they don't want to associate with some creepy cult, which is what the progressive agenda has turned itself into, generally speaking.

humasexual is just a typo, if I remember well Morrissey wrote " In fact I like humans", maybe another typo, he was trying to say I like Huma the model. Anyway he will never vorrei the statement because it's too funny reading all the comments about this silliness.

'I kind of like Morrissey's idea of just saying he's humasexual. It's less limiting and changes how you think about things. You get to keep an open mind and avoid false expectations (ie. "I'm only supposed to like men") informing the way you conduct yourself.'

:thumb:

'I kind of like Morrissey's idea of just saying he's humasexual. It's less limiting and changes how you think about things. You get to keep an open mind and avoid false expectations (ie. "I'm only supposed to like men") informing the way you conduct yourself.'

:thumb:

Me too.
And, as I understand it, he sees all other people as huma-sexual. Initially I didn't like the term as it seemed just another label adding one to the many already existing. Why make all those labels? Why the need to distinguish people especially on their sexual preferences. They are all people. Nature is responsible for that and that is such a great power. Religions, governments, dictators can persecute people with different sexual preferences, but they can't dictate sexual preferences. Many people have died for what they just are. If you think about it, it is still f***ing unbelievable, horrible and tragic. And many were innocent of any supposed sexual orientation.

I can't remember he has stated any negative remarks on people who identified themselves with minority groups. Never criticised gay rights movements. He just considers everyone humasexual.
I can't understand why he gets so much criticism for that.

I think there were pressures to come out of the closet and he didn't want to become a hero for the gay rights movement cause he knew he could never live up to the great expectations. And whatever people speculate about his sexual preferences, I really don't wanna know. From nobody. It is a private issue.
He would undoubtedly dissapoint them when he did and he undoubtedly disappointed them cause he didn't.
Cheers KS

Me too.
And, as I understand it, he sees all other people as huma-sexual. Initially I didn't like the term as it seemed just another label adding one to the many already existing. Why make all those labels? Why the need to distinguish people especially on their sexual preferences. They are all people. Nature is responsible for that and that is such a great power. Religions, governments, dictators can persecute people with different sexual preferences, but they can't dictate sexual preferences. Many people have died for what they just are. If you think about it, it is still f***ing unbelievable, horrible and tragic. And many were innocent of any supposed sexual orientation.

I can't remember he has stated any negative remarks on people who identified themselves with minority groups. Never criticised gay rights movements. He just considers everyone humasexual.

I think there were pressures to come out of the closet and he didn't want to become a hero for the gay rights movement cause he knew he could never live up to the great expectations. And whatever people speculate about his sexual preferences, I really don't wanna know. From nobody. It is a private issue.
He would undoubtedly dissapoint them when he did and he undoubtedly disappointed them cause he didn't.
Cheers KS

First, I was quoting Derk17, so must give credit where credit is due. But I'm glad you agree.

'Initially I didn't like the term as it seemed just another label adding one to the many already existing. Why make all those labels? Why the need to distinguish people especially on their sexual preferences.'

Yes, I totally agree with that, and I too wish all labels could be banished, very limiting( may be in the next world?). Then again I take it as self empowering, because if one is going to be labeled, then one may as well label oneself as one sees fit, rather than let the public/strangers do it for you. And doesn't one know themselves better than a public of strangers?

'I think there were pressures to come out of the closet and he didn't want to become a hero for the gay rights movement '

Pressures? I'm sure every celebrity whose sexuality isn't blatantly heterosexual gets pressured. And I don't blame any one person or group who desires that from the people they look up to or want to look up to to support their cause,their life and their dream of happiness... let's face it... in a world like ours ...we need all the support we can get, for different reasons.

'cause he knew he could never live up to the great expectations.' ?

Maybe. I never thought about it that way, but maybe. I really wonder how the older generations of the gay movement/community looked up to Bowie when he announced he was gay in the early 70's then later went back on that and he(Bowie) seemed to regret ever having said it? I wonder if M said..'well, I'm not gonna make that mistake'.

First, I was quoting Derk17, so must give credit where credit is due. But I'm glad you agree.

'Initially I didn't like the term as it seemed just another label adding one to the many already existing. Why make all those labels? Why the need to distinguish people especially on their sexual preferences.'

Yes, I totally agree with that, and I too wish all labels could be banished, very limiting( may be in the next world?). Then again I take it as self empowering, because if one is going to be labeled, then one may as well label oneself as one sees fit, rather than let the public/strangers do it for you. And doesn't one know themselves better than a public of strangers?

'I think there were pressures to come out of the closet and he didn't want to become a hero for the gay rights movement '

Pressures? I'm sure every celebrity whose sexuality isn't blatantly heterosexual gets pressured. And I don't blame any one person or group who desires that from the people they look up to or want to look up to to support their cause,their life and their dream of happiness... let's face it... in a world like ours ...we need all the support we can get, for different reasons.

'cause he knew he could never live up to the great expectations.' ?

Maybe. I never thought about it that way, but maybe. I really wonder how the older generations of the gay movement/community looked up to Bowie when he announced he was gay in the early 70's then later went back on that and he(Bowie) seemed to regret ever having said it? I wonder if M said..'well, I'm not gonna make that mistake'.

It just strikes me now that in some ways Bowie proved to be an example of the humasexual view.
Mind you, it could be the other way around too. As many found out later they were gay in stead of straight.
Or they knew all along but were unable for so many reasons to be themselves and feel free and okay.
Before anyone who feels he or she is straight is offended, you are what you think you are.
But you can't deny there are people who are different.

Me too.

Cheers KS

It's very nice and romantic (and way too naive and teenager-like, so to say) to complain and reject the idea of labels. But it's part of human nature, you can't escape from it. You use labels. Ketamine use labels. Imagine you talk to a friend who tries to tell you about this great new band. What style they play? By labels, you might not pinpoint the sound exactly, but you can get a closer idea. Or you want to go out for dinner. What do you want to eat? You need labels (chinese, Vegetarian, steak diner, streetfood, fish etc etc) to get closer. And I could carry on with zillion examples. it's the same with sexuality: there's only so many places where the man can put his penis. There's a name for each choice, even the illegal/evil ways, too. Biologically everyone fits into one of these labels. You can't escape it (except if you reject sex completely, which also a choice).
Making up a new word to blur your orientation is neither creative, nor artistic, nothing, just laughable. As for Morrissey: if he doesn't want to be the flagship for any sexual community, fine, he can stay silent on his orientation. What I have always found pathetic in him is that sure, his sex life is nobody's business. But he is the one who always brought up this topic in lyrics, in interviews, many times. It's as if you were standing on your doorstep, shouting on the street ''hey people!!! I have something to say of my sex life!!!!'' Then, when people ask, so, what is it? You tell them ''well, it's none of your business, i don't understand why you ask me this question''.

Tags
jake
Back
Top Bottom