When did he calm down??

Well he is rather vain, I'm pretty sure he is a perfectionist, when he isn't taking his clothes off that is. He strikes me as a person who wouldn't wear a slightly creased shirt or a pair of trousers with a dirt mark.

You honestly think he doesn't dance about as much for fear of harming his designer clothes?

That and age would seem the more logical options, he doesn’t exactly dance like he used to does he? You could say he doesn’t perform music in which he could lose himself but Panic is a great tune to dance like mad.

I'd imagine you can't continue to jump about like a young and energetic chap when you're wearing designer clothes.
He wore designer clothes in 1986, bought for him by an obsessive Smiths fan from a well-off family who who called herself 'Oscar'.

I wouldn't call what he wore designer, especially when you consider the clothing line he wears nowadays. The fact that some fan bought him clothes might be one of the reasons Morrissey did not care too much, it’s not like he was buying the clothes he wore. That’s of course if what you say is true, this new to me, so I shall show some scepticism towards it.

I wouldn't call what he wore designer, especially when you consider the clothing line he wears nowadays. The fact that some fan bought him clothes might be one of the reasons Morrissey did not care too much, it’s not like he was buying the clothes he wore. That’s of course if what you say is true, this new to me, so I shall show some scepticism towards it.
I think you are missing something really really obvious here which I hinted at before but you obviously didn't get.

He doesn't keep the designer clothes. He chucks them into the audience to be ripped to shreds. So why on earth would he be bothered. :rolleyes:

It was in one of the articles about The Smiths in Mojo/Q Classic "Morrissey and the Story of Manchester" special issue in April 2006.

I think you are missing something really really obvious here which I hinted at before but you obviously didn't get.

He doesn't keep the designer clothes. He chucks them into the audience to be ripped to shreds. So why on earth would he be bothered. :rolleyes:

I didn't realise he hurled his shoes, blazer, trousers and belt into the audience as well, I always thought it was just his shirt, which has to change because they become absorbed in his sweat.

Nightandday, I have that and I can't recall reading it, perhaps you can supply me with a link of the story?

I didn't realise he hurled his shoes, blazer, trousers and belt into the audience as well, I always thought it was just his shirt, which has to change because they become absorbed in his sweat.
So I understand about the trousers (though I doubt he wears the same ones twice), but how exactly would a pair of shoes and a belt be ruined by him dancing? Bear in mind he probably wears plastic ones these days. Do designers make those?

Look at the way Morrissey dresses, he doesn’t wear a woman’s blouse he picked up from a cheap shop, he wears designer shirts, trousers, belts and shoes, everything about Morrissey’s appearance these days are materialistic. He has enough money to be overly flamboyant in his dress sense, he might throw away one shirt of his every gig, but I doubt’s he throws away the other items of his clothing directly after a gig, they are perfectly good clothes he has on. Now imagine you are in very expensive designer clothing, would you want to be dancing about like an idiot in them? I doubt it; the clothes probably wouldn’t allow you to before ripping and tearing. Add Morrissey’s age into the process and you have two ingredients why Morrissey doesn’t prance around like a Gazelle on ice.

Look at the way Morrissey dresses, he doesn’t wear a woman’s blouse he picked up from a cheap shop, he wears designer shirts, trousers, belts and shoes, everything about Morrissey’s appearance these days are materialistic. He has enough money to be overly flamboyant in his dress sense, he might throw away one shirt of his every gig, but I doubt’s he throws away the other items of his clothing directly after a gig, they are perfectly good clothes he has on. Now imagine you are in very expensive designer clothing, would you want to be dancing about like an idiot in them? I doubt it; the clothes probably wouldn’t allow you to before ripping and tearing. Add Morrissey’s age into the process and you have two ingredients why Morrissey doesn’t prance around like a Gazelle on ice.

It's age.

It's nothing to do with designer clothes. The shoes and belts he wears are not designer. He normally chucks away three shirts per gig. He never wears a jacket for longer than a couple of songs because he gets too hot. So basically you are saying he won't dance around because of one pair of precious designer trousers.

Give it up. Your logic makes no sense.

Firstly, can we please stop saying things like "He's an old man now". For f*cks sake. Last time I checked, 47 is not old! One of my best friends is 48 and she is the hottest looking woman I have ever seen, with a figure to die for, and totally fit and healthy. Morrissey is older than he was, which is obvious, but I don't think he's lost his energy or vibrancy. We all change a hell of a lot as we grow, and if you watch footage, you can clearly see a natural development. We all leap around in our youth, then become calmer as we grow up. It's not like he just stands on stage doing naff all. He now "acts" the songs a lot more, using facial expressions and things, but he still flicks the mic lead about and stuff. Remember, Morrissey has created a persona, all artists have a certain way of being on stage, and he is very inspired by classic artists of the past, who are all very dignified on stage.

I think he is just more dignified, more powerful now. He doesn't need to leap about because he now commands the stage in a way he didn't when he was younger.

And he does look so much better now he has gained some weight. So very, very, much better. Plus, who doesn't look good in a well tailored suit? As for plastic shoes - no, I think they are still leather.

If you say Mr Morrissey, I do humbly apologise, how big is Morrissey's dick?

As for this question Tomorrow, if I knew the answer to that question, do you really think I would be sat here right now... surely I'd be doing something else to have that kind of information?

:eek:

maybe he's got a herniated disc and can no longer jump around like a 10 year old? that would be one more thing me and him have in common ;-)

He seems to know every gory detail about Morrissey, I'd thought I'd ask. It's funny how a lot of Morrissey fans think they actually know the man, there could be more than one reason he no longer bounces around the stage like a bonnie lad, the most logical ideal would be age, but there could be several such as vanity and medical reasons, but this chap seems to think he knows everything about Morrissey, he probably knows about as much as anyone else on here. :rolleyes:

He seems to know every gory detail about Morrissey, I'd thought I'd ask. It's funny how a lot of Morrissey fans think they actually know the man, there could be more than one reason he no longer bounces around the stage like a bonnie lad, the most logical ideal would be age, but there could be several such as vanity and medical reasons, but this chap seems to think he knows everything about Morrissey, he probably knows about as much as anyone else on here. :rolleyes:

No. I just use rational logic. There is no rational reason why Morrissey does not dance because he doesn't want to get his posh togs dirty. :D Especially when he throws most of them away every night.

It is probably an 'age' thing but not necessarily a 'physical' thing.
I'm a year older than Moz and i'm quite confident i could leap around like i did in my twenties if i really wanted to....but i just don't particularly want or need to.
What i'm suggesting is that maybe it's not that Moz doesn't have the energy anymore, it's just probably that he's more chilled and layed back mentally (something that comes with getting a bit older) and doesn't have to burn off so much 'angst' when he's performing.

Morrissey's iconography has shifted. Simple as that really.

No. I just use rational logic. There is no rational reason why Morrissey does not dance because he doesn't want to get his posh togs dirty. :D Especially when he throws most of them away every night.

He throws away a few shirts, big deal, neither myself or you know the reasons why Morrissey doesn't dance about and move about on stage, I am opening as many doors of exploration as I can, which is what a message board is for. You can sit behind your computer and act like a logical philosopher, I shall not and I won’t. I shall explore as many possibilities as I can no matter how stupid they may seem. If you don’t like them badger someone else.

Back
Top Bottom