When did he calm down??

bosso20640

I know he's getting on a bit now but when did he exactly calm down. Sad though it is to see, he is very calm these days!!
Dallas '91 he was wild,
I saw him at Newcastle '92, he was okay then but in Hartlepool '99 he was totally placid. Bring back the Old Morrissey I say.
What's prompted his more serene state on stage???

middle age?

like derek smalls from spinal tap once said:

"who wants to be a forty-five year old rock'n'roller farting around in front of people less than half their age?...."

Doesn't stop old Brucey boy!

276337.jpeg
:D

Morrissey can't exactly start head banging to his own music now can he? He's not a spring chicken anymore, he cannot go mental like he did in the early nineties, and he is almost fifty. It would odd to see him dancing around now like he used to in the 1980’s:D .

He is getting on a bit now, I prefer Morrissey growing older gracefully rather than embarrassingly acting like teenagers the way The Who and The Strolling Bones do.

Madonna is the worst for that, she dresses like she's eighteen it's quite gross.

To be very, very honest: I prefer the "older" Moz instead of the younger one. I like older men. And when he was younger he was that thin. Uuh, I don't like thin men. No. I think he's perfect now - for me. And as long as he take off his shirt onstage everything is well. :D

Slight twist of perspective: how active are the audiences? Are they as energetic as they were in Dallas?

Isn't it completely obvious why he has calmed down. Morrissey is now a mature artist and I'm delighted that he is aging gracefully and not poncing around like Jagger, Bono and co.
Viva the more mature Moz!

He gets more stunning the older he gets, and he's so much sexier with a bit of meat on him rather than a skeleton like he was back then.

The audiences are just as wild as they were back then, if not more so now, its just that nowadays the security is a lot tighter and stricter, imagine if anyone could climb up on the stage like they did in Dallas? The poor guy wouldnt be able to sing!

Being more stately suits his age and his music now. I agree that it's much better that he ages gracefully... I also think he dresses better now. He's of a type who look better the older they get.

I remember him saying in an interview that he wasn't scared by getting older, it seems he's embracing it very well.

Harry

Alot of the physicality Morrissey brought to the stage in the late eighties/early nineties was his frustration and anger manifest; I speak perceptively of course, we know Morrissey was, and still is, very "other worldly" compared to the rest of his contemporaries. Reserved in interviews, but a shrieking Adonis on-stage. Now though, with his calmer temperament, which he has admitted countless times since, is a result of 'age' and 'perspective', and on a more even keel with his depression, he no longer feels the need to exude such a fuming urgency on stage. That is not to say he has grown complacent, some may argue that he has, but I don't think that is the case.

When I saw Morrissey at Wembley last year, his presence was magnetising, but in a very different way; he still moved about alot, brimming with energy as he cracked the microphone whip to and fro, but he seems to have a subtle yet tight grip over the audience as he is now; he inhabits a Sinatra like figure, the 'elder statesman' mentality has surely paid off.

He gets more stunning the older he gets, and he's so much sexier with a bit of meat on him rather than a skeleton like he was back then.

The audiences are just as wild as they were back then, if not more so now, its just that nowadays the security is a lot tighter and stricter, imagine if anyone could climb up on the stage like they did in Dallas? The poor guy wouldnt be able to sing!
He was hardly a skeleton in 1991! As the Dallas video shows very well. :yumyum:

People can't climb on stage now because of the security. I saw Moz at Exit in July, the security guards were lined up in front of the stage. I didn't see it, but other people have told me that one guy tried to get on stage, and the security guards jumped on him within a second. They said "the poor guy was probably ready for the paramedics once the guards have finished with him" :(

he probably doesn't want to turn into the character he describes in "get off the stage" :p

thow I think there's nothing sexier in the world than the young morrissey on stage, he probably would look silly if he still jumped around like that.

For what I know he started to get less mobile during 1995 Boxer-tour. But nows he's an old man with more "dignity".

I'd imagine you can't continue to jump about like a young and energetic chap when you're wearing designer clothes.

Well he is rather vain, I'm pretty sure he is a perfectionist, when he isn't taking his clothes off that is. He strikes me as a person who wouldn't wear a slightly creased shirt or a pair of trousers with a dirt mark.

Back
Top Bottom