What's your suburb like? public transport

mauve21

Long time participant
The train line that I use in the suburb I live in, is according
to the local newspaper the worst in Melbourne.
The actual train station of Mordialloc, has the most reports of bad
behaviour. Behaviour like drunken brawls and last week a man
actually urinated in the train in broad daylight.
I'm wondering if anyone else has similar tales to tell of where
they live?

Funny thing is though, apart from the public transport situation the
area in general is quite "middle class".......

I wish that my suburb had any public transport to speak of. There are a few buses out here, but where they go is extremely limited, to the point of almost being useless.

We do have a commuter rail line that goes into the city, and can get you from one suburb to the next. The trains are clean and dependable, and usually on time.

I was very impressed with the public transport in the city of Melbourne. :) The free trolley is an especially good idea. We rented a car, though, so every time we went out of the city, we drove ourselves, so I can't comment on the public transport options to and from the suburbs.

The public transport in the general vicinity of the city is good,
but I guess the bad behaviour shows itself the most in the suburbs.
I would never go on a train at night, nor would anyone (females) I know,
it's just too dangerous believe it or not. The government are talking
about getting more police presence on trains and train stations at night.
It's unfortunate people have to be dickheads and make it so noone can
use the trains at night.

It's nice that you had a good experience when you came to visit,
though.:thumb:

Buzzetta, I believe this thread was posted in the pigsty so that you could post some of your public transportation photos.
kthx

8bd02e74-a1e6-4d32-8fa9-2ae410c1343e_b.jpg

c3bb93cc9685ade5592dd65c23b922c81240932362920.jpg

img514x344

krasch_851580l.jpg

Public transport or public...punishment?

It's alright. We have some Park and Rides near Norwich, and a few buses right near me, but for the latter it takes about an hour to get anywhere that's not in the middle of a field (that is, the city), so you might as well drive. I don't really go out much though, so it's not a major issue for me.

I've never seen a bus in my neighborhood in the year+ that I've lived there.

Does your suburb sound like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bus goes to the next town every hour.The suburb is ok though I did see a kid dealing outside my window a minute ago.:squiffy::rolleyes:

I wish that my suburb had any public transport to speak of. There are a few buses out here, but where they go is extremely limited, to the point of almost being useless.

We do have a commuter rail line that goes into the city, and can get you from one suburb to the next. The trains are clean and dependable, and usually on time.

I was very impressed with the public transport in the city of Melbourne. :) The free trolley is an especially good idea. We rented a car, though, so every time we went out of the city, we drove ourselves, so I can't comment on the public transport options to and from the suburbs.
I have a public transportation stop in front o my community. That is very telling of my community's socio-economic standing. But my county has a good public transit system although its not nearly as thorough as some metropolitan areas are. I would love to ride a train.

In Crewe, we only have the most modern public transport...

The train is very convenient for me, but it doesn't go...anywhere. It gets you down town, then you have to stand in the hot, humid street and wait for the filthy bus which, if it doesn't break down, will eventually get you to your destination, sometime. :mad:

Millions of buses and two tube stations very near. Northern line doll, a few stops north of Camden.

Couldn't be better. A short drive onto the motorway network, a 3 minute walk to a decent bus service and about 5 minute walk to get the tram. The tram takes me straight to/ through Manchesters main train stations, from where I can travel all around the UK or onto the airport.

Couldn't be better. A short drive onto the motorway network, a 3 minute walk to a decent bus service and about 5 minute walk to get the tram. The tram takes me straight to/ through Manchesters main train stations, from where I can travel all around the UK or onto the airport.

This, pretty much.

The buses up and down Wilmslow Road can get ridiculous but they're nothing if not useful!

Back
Top Bottom