What's your personality type?

Abernathy

nice shooting, sweetheart
http://www.16personalities.com

I'm INFP

Forming around 4.5% of the population, INFP personalities are usually perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy. However, such an exterior can be deceptive; even though INFPs can be somewhat cautious, their inner flame and passion is not something to be taken lightly. People with this personality type are really affectionate, a trait not often seen in other types. This compassion can be really fervent and long-lasting, but the INFP will use it quite cautiously, directing their energies toward a few selected people or a worthy cause. Idealism is the banner of INFP personalities—and they are proud of it. Unfortunately, it also means that INFPs can often feel misunderstood and isolated as they are relatively rare.

People with the INFP personality type have a clear sense of honor, which inspires and motivates them. If someone wants to get to know an INFP, it is crucial to know what drives them, to understand their chosen cause.

INFPs seek harmony in their lives and the surrounding environment, often feeling dejected because of all the bad things happening in the world and trying hard to create something positive. People with this personality type tend to see things and actions from the idealistic perspective rather than the prism of logic. They respond to beauty, morality, and virtue rather than utility, effectiveness, or value.

INFPs can easily speak in metaphors and parables, and they also have an amazing gift of creating and interpreting symbols; for this reason, INFPs often find it natural to write and enjoy poetry. This personality type does not worship logic, unlike the Analyst (NT) types. From the INFP’s viewpoint, logic is not always necessary. It is also likely that an INFP will enjoy hypothetical or philosophical discussions more than any other type.

INFPs may also often retreat into their “hermit” state (this personality type can easily switch between the “active” and “hermit” states), withdrawing from the world and getting lost in their deep thoughts. Their partner may then need to spend quite a lot of effort to energize and “awaken” the INFP.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
J. R. R. Tolkien

INFPs share a trait common among the Diplomat (NF) types: their aptitude for foreign languages is unmatched. INFPs also often become great writers and actors as they can easily reflect and convey their own personalities using the fictional characters. Generally speaking, people with this personality type are extremely creative, innovative, and goal-oriented. They can be great advocates for causes they truly believe in.

Finally, most INFPs have the ability to notice even the slightest hint of good in other people. In an INFP’s eyes, even the most revolting person will have something worthy of respect or, at the very least, sympathy.

Last edited:
I got INFJ.

But I think those polls are bullshit.

You're the rarest of all the personality types. How does it feel to be a unicorn of sorts? I think my description is spot on and I think my familiar's is as well. maybe there's something to it?

You're the rarest of all the personality types. How does it feel to be a unicorn of sorts? I think my description is spot on and I think my familiar's is as well. maybe there's something to it?

It's possible but I don't like the idea of being able to break the human psyche down via a list of neat little questions.

have not taken this test in years, but just did so, same overall result as always:

ENTJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(33%) Judging(62%)

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
• You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
• You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (33%)
• You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (62%)

basically we ENTJs are:
Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1973-012-43,_Erwin_Rommel.jpg

:crazy: never satisfied, it sucks, I try not to let it bother me though :o
what I did notice is the change in "strength of preferences" from September of 2009
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...e-(Number-2)?p=1223118&viewfull=1#post1223118

then I got:

* slightly expressed extravert (01%)
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality (62%)
* slightly expressed thinking personality (12%)
* moderately expressed judging personality (56%)

-meaning that since becoming a teacher I have become more extraverted, which makes sense, the more thinking thing is probably also an expression of my work, though I would say that I am more in touch with feelings than I use to be and that if anything that is what allows me to keep my temper in check :thumb:

It's alright Robbie, I have Himmler, George W and Franco in my group. On the other hand I've also got Mother Theresa. I'm not sure these celebrity classifications are right.

Most INFPs have the ability to notice even the slightest hint of good in other people.

The INFP will do their best to help their partner grow and develop, although this may not always be appreciated... :o

OK, its tangent time, as I wait for the "Daily Show" & "Fargo" to download

My personality type is: "Sissy bottom-bitch", apparently.
I believe that I believe thats ISFP :p

Is 'Stupid Bastard' a personality type?
that would be my type :o

It's alright Robbie, I have Himmler, George W and Franco in my group. On the other hand I've also got Mother Theresa. I'm not sure these celebrity classifications are right.
well, I can see all those fitting, even those dumb fascist guys :rolleyes: thats the easy path, the desire to be in charge, and believe you are right, no matter what, its the dangerous path though
I think people like Mother Theresa simply take the road less traveled, I have admired her for years, never knew the "ENTJ" thing :)
here are some quotes attributed to her that I really like:

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

&
Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.

also, there is a poem often attributed to her that I really like, its called:

"Anyway"*

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, They may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.

-granted, I suppose that last bit does not work for die hard atheists :o
but I am sure they can find some strictly humanist way to square with the spirit of it :pray: :p

*=it was actually written by some dude named Kent M. Keith but she quoted it repeatedly over the years...

Re: OK, its tangent time, as I wait for the "Daily Show" & "Fargo" to download

INFP as well. I think it's a pretty accurate description - for me, anyway.

Re: OK, its tangent time, as I wait for the "Daily Show" & "Fargo" to download

I believe that I believe thats ISFP :p
I took the test and got INFP, which generally seems pretty accurate for me based on the description, except for that bit about being "goal-oriented".
I haven't got any goals. I mostly just daydream.

time for 1 or 2 posts b4 I gotta get ready

I took the test and got INFP, which generally seems pretty accurate for me based on the description, except for that bit about being "goal-oriented".
I haven't got any goals. I mostly just daydream.
well, that could change, your still young :thumb:
anyways, saw something on one of the pages off the link that I liked:
t_zps34ee7752.png

I frequently find myself sharing common ground with people with those others personalities types grouped under "Analysts"
also, I think I have always been attracted to "Sentinel" types, especially ISFJs :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom