What's your favourite single off World Peace?

Best single (so far...)

• World Peace Is None of Your Business

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Istanbul

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Earth is the Loneliest Planet

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
wow, Istanbul is really winning so far :eek: honestly, I like em all 3, especially the music in them :guitar:
but the lyrics and their delivery in World Peace Is None of Your Business make it my current fave by a nose :thumb:
of course, its new, this may change with time
33_zps309c1b2e.gif

& often when album becomes one I really like :blushing: there is an often a track on it that I becomes my "personal fave" :rolleyes:
one that usually most others are just "meh" about
1smoke_zps79c1485a.gif

wow, Istanbul is really winning so far :eek: honestly, I like em all 3, especially the music in them :guitar:
but the lyrics and their delivery in World Peace Is None of Your Business make it my current fave by a nose :thumb:
of course, its new, this may change with time
33_zps309c1b2e.gif

& often when album becomes one I really like :blushing: there is an often a track on it that I becomes my "personal fave" :rolleyes:
one that usually most others are just "meh" about
1smoke_zps79c1485a.gif

I've been known to like meh and been meh 'bout what people like...

1. Istanbul
2. World Peace is None of Your Business
3. Earth is the loneliest

absolutely loved 'world peace' initially but after shattering the replay button the song has worn off, but his delivery is still engaging and a solid title track

earth is reminds me of the gypsy kings which I never thought i'd say about a moz track especially one written by jesse but the music is at least different. lyrics pretty flimsy but the spoken word video with pam an was marvelous so can forgive him

but I have no doubt there will be better songs on the album to come, soon

moz's voice is in fine form and I like the production so far

overall much better than expected but that isn't hard when it looked at one time PATSE was going to be a lead single :thumb:

1. Istanbul
2. World Peace is None of Your Business
3. Earth is the loneliest

absolutely loved 'world peace' initially but after shattering the replay button the song has worn off, but his delivery is still engaging and a solid title track

earth is reminds me of the gypsy kings which I never thought i'd say about a moz track especially one written by jesse but the music is at least different. lyrics pretty flimsy but the spoken word video with pam an was marvelous so can forgive him

but I have no doubt there will be better songs on the album to come, soon

moz's voice is in fine form and I like the production so far

overall much better than expected but that isn't hard when it looked at one time PATSE was going to be a lead single :thumb:

Gustav the keyboard player wrote Earth is...

It's not the first time Moz has dabbled in the latin vibe. Remember "When I last Spoke To Carol" and way back on Viva Hate "Little Man, What Now?"

world peace as its awesome in its delivery. the vocal starts high and descends, i mean come on thats awesome. istanbul is good but much more common in its structure. a call and response that ive heard a bunch though still enjoy greatly. best part of istanbul is the crooning romantic delivery of the lyrics (which of course are the opposite of romantic) and verse balanced by the crunchy part and of course the first instrumental break is great. earth is... is still growing on me though i think it the lyrics that i like the most as well as the spanish influences perhaps.

I voted for "Istanbul" but vocally WPINOYB is as good as it gets.

It's hard to narrow it down sometimes since you like songs for different reasons. All three are very solid songs though.

and of course were probably all moz die hards here lol. the songs have been pretty consistent imo so far and of good quality so im impressed thus far. really want to hear the album version of bullfighter dies as i think thats gonna be fantastic for me. i have to say the music to my ears is somewhat a throwback to his older days on some songs but i love the newer styled vocal delivery and think it coincides with moz's age and maturity perfectly. angry and direct is how i find a lot of my elders, at least those i respect.

I know I might be the only one or one of the very few but so far I have only listened to the very first part of WPINOYB and that is it. I am gonna wait for either the singles to be released physically or the actual album out in July. I just dont wanna spoil it all.....yes call me old-fashioned :p

Cheers Moz

That isn't all of them. "The Bullfighter Dies" is still coming...

Hi, 'Dabb hands' here, (this is my first comment since 2005) - I am with you !!!
I don't know how we're doing it, but... I haven't listened to a note. Longest 2 months of my life.
People are jealous of us; they have to be.

i certainly could not and did not but im trying that with the new james album so good luck to me

Good thread! Istanbul is my favourite.
I don't think it's amazing but it is clearly a good Morrissey song both lyrically and musically.
The contrast with it and PATSE (dire, musically and lyrically) couldn't be greater - maybe that's why people are getting so carried away?

fav. single - wponoyb

fav. song - eitlp

the most beautiful song - istanbul

:)

p.s. apologies

Back
Top Bottom