What's your favourite of the previously unreleased tracks included on the SG reissue?

What's your favourite of the previously unreleased tracks included on the SG reissue?

• Honey, You KNow Where To Find Me

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Fantastic Bird

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • You Should Have Been Nice To Me

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • can't decide between HYKWTFM and FB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • can't decide between HYKWTFM and YSHBNTM

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • can't decide between FB and YSHBNTM

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • can't decide amongst all three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wasn't impressed by any of the three

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

chrisarclark

Boycott Moz
ithink iknow how this is gonna go, but here we go.

Re: What's your favourite of the previously unreleased tracks included on the SG reis

slightly off topic but why boycott moz ???

he boycotted me first.

Re: What's your favourite of the previously unreleased tracks included on the SG reis

juste put a mix together, sounds great:

Boxers
Have-A-Go Merchant
Honey, You Know Where To Find Me
Sunny
A Swallow On My Neck
Whatever Happens, I Love You
You Must Please Remember
Nobody Loves Us
Black-Eyed Susan
You Should Have Been Nice To Me

juste put a mix together, sounds great:

Boxers
Have-A-Go Merchant
Honey, You Know Where To Find Me
Sunny
A Swallow On My Neck
Whatever Happens, I Love You
You Must Please Remember
Nobody Loves Us
Black-Eyed Susan
You Should Have Been Nice To Me

Indeed -- I made a mix of "The World of Morrissey", "Early Burglary Years", and the Legacy edition tracks and it all sounds fantastic together :thumb:

Foot down in a fantastic bird, fantastic bird! ;)

They are all great, but You Should Have Been Nice To Me just edges it for me.I wish they had all been on the original S.G.album, though I am not sure about the track re-ordering as I loved having Southpaw as the closer.

None of them are that great. They would've been good to use as bsides at the time, but now they just seem a bit throwaway.

i like the reordering of the songs on the album, but think the new songs sound out of place.

Fantastic Bird for me. A great song, but like others have said should have been included on a Your Arsenal reissure rather than here.
Honey is appalling compared to the demo version and sounds completely out of place on this album. Very limp wristed, musically.
You should have been nice.... is alright, I haven't really listened to it much. By the time it has got to this song, I'm usually ANGRY that Southpaw Grammar has been ruined and have turned it off.
From this mess I've had to make 2 new CDs, one of the original album but remastered (minus new tracks), the second with the new track order (which works well imo) minus the new tracks.

mcrickson, that is a great idea and I'll try that out for myself.

I think "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" is one of the most beautiful things Morrissey has ever committed to tape. Musically, it's kind of like a sister song to "Now My Heart Is Full" and maybe the similarity could be part of the reason why it was kept under wraps for so long.

YSHBNTM is brilliant- it's the kind of emotion Morrissey hasnt been able to reproduce since the 90's (until this year's fantastic INYBA).

HYKWTFM is quite good as well. im not so put off by the guitar- it's nothing special, but idont find it distracting either, it's juste there (as is the case with many Moz-solo tracks) and really thats fine by me.

FB is betrayed by it's misplaced inclusion here- it is a fine YA-era b-side, but does not suit here.

Do we know of any other unreleased songs from the Your Arsenal era that could possibly be included on a YA legacy edition? Or have we just used the last one for the SG edition :rolleyes:

oh well i voiced my opinion anyway ...

slightly off topic but why boycott moz ???

Its cuz Morrissey doesn't play in Canada due to seal hunting.

Back
Top Bottom