What's your favourite Morrissey/Boz song?

what's your favourite boz/moz song?

• I'd Love To

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Now My Heart is Full

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Speedway

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • The Teachers Are Afraid of the Pupils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reader Meet Author

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Maladjusted

• Ammunition

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Come Back to Camden

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • The World is Full of Crashing Bores

• I Like You

• I Can Have Both

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Christian Dior

• Jack The Ripper

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
I voted for "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get".

I love the live version of "Jack The Ripper", but I assumed we were talking about studio versions here. I decided that the studio version of "Jack..." wasn't quite up to scratch, but that the live version - as featured on Beethoven Was Deaf - was masterful. Also, watch the live performance of the song on Introducing Morrissey.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

I voted Maladjusted...only because I was listening to it when I voted! I'm sure when another Boz composed song comes on I'll change my mind

the more you ignore me
&
crashing bores

oh wait thats two!
*darn it*

Who else voted Ammunition?! :eek: I wish the voting was public, I need to know who this awesome person is. :cool:

Well, I voted for "Ammunition"! :) The song makes me melt away – and uplifts me at the same time. A totally beautiful composition. The melody and arrangement underpin Moz's velvety, pathos-soaked vocals ... even the uncharacteristic guitar solo works very well.

Some very nice person gave me a mug for Christmas with the "Ammunition" chorus printed on it. Needless to say I'm very careful when I am doing the washing up!:)

I like "Reader Meets Author" too, by the way ... I was delighted to hear them play that earlier this year.

Vote for JTR.

I also rate Slum Mums as very high on the list of fave Boz songs.

I love JTR live but Camden tops the studio version for me.
As for Slum Mums, like it a lot but the squalling kid makes me cringe.

Well, I voted for "Ammunition"! :) The song makes me melt away – and uplifts me at the same time. A totally beautiful composition. The melody and arrangement underpin Moz's velvety, pathos-soaked vocals ... even the uncharacteristic guitar solo works very well.

Some very nice person gave me a mug for Christmas with the "Ammunition" chorus printed on it. Needless to say I'm very careful when I am doing the washing up!:)

I like "Reader Meets Author" too, by the way ... I was delighted to hear them play that earlier this year.

You are great and the person who gave you the mug is great too. :D

I'm Playing Easy To Get ;)

I love that song too.

"Satan Rejected My Soul" has yet to leave me head after hearing it for the first time...

Top 5
1. Jack the Ripper
2. Speedway
3. Lifeguard sleeping, Girl drowning
4. I can have both
5. The more you ignore me...

That was a tough one so I went with The More You Ignore Me. Heard it recently so picked it.

I had to go with Speedway, as I don't think a single live Morrissey performance has ever topped the version at the end of "Introducing Morrissey." To me, rock and roll could have ended right there, air raid siren guitars and all, and everything would have been perfect.

I've always imagined what Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning would have sounded like on stage. It's one the most original Morrissey performances in his entire career. Boz's woodwind contributions have been sadly underutilized. He could do some really spacey stuff a la Whatever Happens I Love You to shake things up.

Cheers,

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom