What's your favourite female singers?

Amongst others:

Chrissie Hynde
Sarah Borges is a somewhat new singer....she has a great voice.
Shelby Lynne
Juliana Hatfield
Carrie and Corin from Sleater-Kinney
Cat Power
Ronnie Spector
Darlene Love
Kate Pierson - Cindy Wilson from the B52s

I know I keep going on about Joanna Newsom, but if I keep doing it, some of you might see it from my point of view. Amazing musician, beautiful voice, and she looks like my first girlfriend. What's not to like?

Peter

i love her too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a fan of:

Nina Diaz of Girl in a Coma
Tegan and Sara Quinn

Ally French of Bloodlined Calligraphy
Hayley Williams of Paramore
Peaches
Siouxsie
Kim Deal of the Pixies and the Breeders
Chrissie Hynde
Carrie Brownstein and Corin Tucker of Sleater-Kinney
Nancy and Ann Wilson of Heart

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

Love PTxx.

Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries, I love her voice, great song writer as well.

Pink, I always get the feeling that hiding behind the attitude is a very vunerable soul.

Annie Lennox, amazing vocal abilities, argueably the best female voice of the 80's.

My favorite female singer of the week is Trubz.

She hasn't recorded anything yet, but when she's on vocals during Wii Rockband 2 sets, she REALLY brings the house down. :rolleyes:

Chrissie Hynde

Roisin Murphy

Beth Orton

Bjork

Kirsty Macoll

Jenny Lewis

Isobel Campbell

Jenny Wilson

In no Particular order but Crissie Hynde gets pride of place for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Annie Lennox
Allison Goldfrapp
Patsy Cline
Pink

Last edited:
Leila Moss of The Duke Spirit is one the finest lead singers going..male or female.
Also,
Kathryn Williams
Jane Weaver
Kristin Hersh
Laura Marling
Laura Cantrell
Emma Pollock (ex Delgados)
Cat Power
Joan As Policewoman
Hope Sandoval
Tracy Ann Campbell (Camera Obscura)
Alela Diane (Especially on the Headless Heroes album)

I forgot to mention Lisa Gerrard of Dead Can Dance. :eek:

wow...some singers listed that I really like but forgot to mention, Annie Lennox, Grace Jones, Roisin Murphy, Pink, Siouxsie, PJ Harvey, Kirsty MacColl...awesome! :)

Billy holliday, Debbie Harry, Joan as policewoman, Aimee Mann, Dusty, The Little sparrow,

Nico, HerciuttaDeasden Dolls, Siouxsie, Emmy the great............

And...Patti, Madge, Cat, Marianne, Twinks, Lulu, Cilla, Adele, Chrissy, Kirssty,Dina, Nena..

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGNc1yLGPug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGNc1yLGPug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

You Go To My Head - Billie Holiday

Back
Top Bottom