tumblr_m0nuejNO5w1qdbbo4o1_500.jpg

Easy Rider (1969)
Directed by
Dennis Hopper

Writing credits
Peter Fonda (written by) &
Dennis Hopper (written by) &
Terry Southern (written by)

It is 'one' of my favorite films because it is very much of its time. It crosses over the b movies of the 60s into something that was more artistic and representative of counterculture without being exploitive.

Blade_Runner_poster.jpg

its beautiful, filled with "adventure", melancholy and an incredible soundtrack
I believe it it to be perfect both with and without the voice over
which is just plain weird, but it is what it is...

sunriseposteredit.jpg

Sunrise by F.W. Murnau.

Pure perfection. Every frame is just beautiful and I love the way the movie oscillates between horror and tragedy and romance and comedy and back.

alphaville-movie-poster-eddie-constantine1.jpg

Because in a sci-fi world I remain an ardent romantic. It's a film that gets better every time I watch it.

I have so many favorite movies, i watch all new movies as much as i can... *ADDICT VIEWER*... Wink .. some of my faves are:

- Eurotrip (funny and sexy)
- American Pie (1,2 and the Wedding)
- 50 first dates (Adam Sander and Drew Barrymore)
- Matrix Series
- Starwars (since the first episode!)
- Hot Chick(fun!)
- Cast Away (Tom Hanks, viewed 9 times..)
- Spiderman 1 and 2
- A Beautiful Mind (Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly.. i just love the way Prof. Nash delivered his speech in acceptance of his Noble Piece Prize Award)

- the ever classic Gone with the Wind (viewed sooo many times) Exclamation

You really have to be a white trash american to find Euro trip in the least funny. I know americans like it cause the film paints Europe in a weird way that sadly some americans think is true that have never been there. It must be the ultimate crap movie ever made. What is sexy about it?
Your list of films makes me wanna question you as a person cause it is offensive in too many ways to mention. If you are 12 then it's ok.

"Until the end of the world" by Wim Wenders. I don't know why.
im sure you know wings of desire, eh;-)

zillion times better than that american remake of it with nic cage and meg ryan

im sure you know wings of desire, eh;-)

zillion times better than that american remake of it with nic cage and meg ryan

Of course, that's also one of my favourite movies...I haven't seen the remake though. Oh and Alice in den Stadten, another one I love!

Of course, that's also one of my favourite movies...I haven't seen the remake though. Oh and Alice in den Stadten, another one I love!

But Paris, Texas is his best.

Everytime I see this thread title I want to go:

600full-the-royal-tenenbaums-poster.jpg

But there are so many amazing movies. But this one is particularly amazing in my book.

Trainspotting~I just love this film great soundtracks too!

High Fidelity~when me and my sis went to see it she made fun of me when he says the thing about deleted Smiths singles

Edward Scissorhands~my mom told me I was different like Edward she meant it as a complliment and I took it that way

The Nightmare Before Christmas~my cousin said I should live in Halloween town

One Flew Over The Cuckoo`s Nest~I just think Jack Nicholson is super cool in this

Pretty In Pink~A sentimental favorite because of it`s soundtrack I fell in love with the Smith`s plus I could really relate to Duckie

The Breakfast Club~Needless to say my family said I was the Ally Sheedy character and my little sis was Molly Ringwald

Ferris Bueller~My sister said I was like Cameron

King Creole~My favorite Elvis movie.

The Outsiders~read the book too my sister`s and I watched this movie over and over again

I guess that`s all for now

Kid_Stays_In_The_Picture__The_(2002).jpg

I love documentaries, and this is one of my favorites.
In addition to being a great look behind-the-scenes at Hollywood of the 1970's, and how some of the greatest films of that era came about, it is also so well-written and is quite creative visually.
It is also an inspiring story of a man coming back after public humiliation and crushing defeat, continuing to reinvent himself.

Last edited:
You really have to be a white trash american to find Euro trip in the least funny. I know americans like it cause the film paints Europe in a weird way that sadly some americans think is true that have never been there. It must be the ultimate crap movie ever made. What is sexy about it?
Your list of films makes me wanna question you as a person cause it is offensive in too many ways to mention. If you are 12 then it's ok.

Hey what a shock, a European with no sense of humor.

Closely Observed Trains. Because it was the first foreign film I ever stumbled across aged about 11. It felt like I was doing something wrong.

I have several and I will list them in no particular order.

dune.jpg

I love sci-fi and I love David Lynch. At one time I could quote this entire thing. Every single line.

220px-Man_Bites_Dog_film.jpg

Man Bites Dog really lit a fire under my ass. I wanted to be a film maker after I watched it for the first time at 16 years old. That, or a serial killer. Just kidding about that last bit, of course. It's just absolutely beautiful and hopeless and black and oh... I just love it.

Ichi-the-Killer.jpg

Ichi... God. I love this movie. I can't even count how many times I've seen it and every time is just as engrossing as the last. I will never, ever get bored with Ichi the Killer. For a while during my teenage years I'd use this as a test for my prospective friends. You can come over, watch Ichi the Killer on my couch... maybe have some snacks... if you laugh, you're in. If not, well, you suck. Rarely did anyone laugh, and I uh... never had many friends. It's safe to say this is and always will be my very favorite.

tumblr_m9lobrOeTv1qdbcn8.jpg

I grew up watching Studio Ghibli films because my mother always adopted Japanese exchange students to look after me. I saw this for the first time when I was 5 or 6 and I've loved it ever since. I came incredibly close to getting a ghibli sleeve heavily featuring kiki, as well as my next entry.

spirited-away-poster.jpg

I didn't see Spirited Away until a few years ago but I was completely blown away when I saw it. I had an extra copy of Eraserhead at the time and I traded it for my coworkers deluxe edition of Spirited Away. Whenever I watch it I feel completely in awe of the beauty of the animation and completely immersed in the storyline. Hayao Miyazaki is incredibly talented and his films (this one especially) really panders to the malcontent child within me. I just... I love it.

Last edited:
Jaws
jaws-sibling.jpg

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
The+good+the+bad+and+the+ugly_4.jpg

Lolita
lolita-1.jpg

Re-Animator
800_re-animator_blu-ray_08_.jpg

Mean Girls
8920234.jpg

Which Tenenbaum do you associate with the most?

I didn't see this until today. I identify with all of them, but I'd say Chas the most. Severe distrust of Royal.

Back
Top Bottom