What's your favorite album released so far this year?

It's either

51KtSt-z7pL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

or

25852ed2e8ea0792c89b6f33ae4.jpg

But I probably shouldn't kid myself and just admit that the Dredg album wins, they always win because they are my favorite band.

Thus far -

The Big Pink - A Brief History of Love
Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz

Antony and the Johnsons - The Crying Light

One of the few albums I can think of that gets even better on the 1000th listen.

I quite liked The Mars Volta's Octahedron. It pales in comparison to their other work, but it's still a damn fine album.

I also love, love, love Beirut's March of the Zapotec/Holland. The Realpeople/Holland disc is fantastic.

Antony and the Johnsons - The Crying Light

One of the few albums I can think of that gets even better on the 1000th listen.
Am I the only one that isn't really a fan of The Crying Light?
I Am A Bird Now is one of my favourite albums ever, but The Crying Light had no emotional resonance with me, unfortunately.

Last edited:
^^

I'm one of the few people who didn't really like I Am a Bird Now - it did nothing for me (although it is one of the greatest album covers of all time). I liked Antony, but I thought he was terribly overrated.

The Crying Light, on the other hand, really speaks to me in the most powerful, intimate way.

I guess that's the wonder of it all. :)

^^

I'm one of the few people who didn't really like I Am a Bird Now - it did nothing for me (although it is one of the greatest album covers of all time). I liked Antony, but I thought he was terribly overrated.

The Crying Light, on the other hand, really speaks to me in the most powerful, intimate way.

I guess that's the wonder of it all. :)

I really love both of them...

The Horrors - Primary Colours
Peaches - I Feel Cream
The Juan Maclean - The Future Will Come
Sonic Youth - The Eternal
Depeche Mode - The Sound Of The Universe
Desire - II

Editors - In this light and on this evening
U2 - No line on the horizon
Depeche Mode - Sound of the Universe

I'm sorry to say, but I'm not really in love with Moz releases this year ..:o

As regards reissues a particolar mention IMO for Durutti Column Four Factory Records :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom