What's your favorite album released so far this year?

album of the decade:
Yeah-yeah-yeahs-its-blitz.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_Blitz!

-you all who do not think so now, will come around some day, if you're lucky :guitar:

I'm really looking forward to the new release from a lovely gentleman from Sheffield but I won't get ahead of myself because it's not out for another week or so.

I'm really looking forward to the new release from a lovely gentleman from Sheffield but I won't get ahead of myself because it's not out for another week or so.

Has he a quiff and auditioned for Morrissey's band around the Kill Uncle Era?

I'm rather fond of the leisure society's album too.

Er and Fanfarlo.

Last edited:
A toss up between the new ones by Malcolm Middleton,Trashcan Sinatras,Camera Obscure.My Latest Novel's latest not so far behind.I have a bit of a Scottish music fetish, it would seem.

Girl in a Coma - Trio B.C
the Maccabees - Wall of Arms
Morrissey - Southpaw Grammar (reissue)
Morrissey - Years of Refusal

i always seem to be a year or two behind new records...i keep thinking Foals' Antidotes and Friendly Fires came out this year

as far as stuff that ACTUALLY came out this year

The Horrors-Primary Colours
Throbbing Gristle-Third Mind Movements
Moz-YOR

There have been a few favorites already mentioned, but I'm really anticipating the Crayon Fields' forthcoming release. I'm hoping it will top my list.

I haven't heard anything new this year that I cared half as much about as Years of Refusal, so that's my choice.

I think The Horrors might end up contending though - can't remember when I heard a new song I liked as much as Three Decades. They remind you of Sisters of Mercy and My Bloody Valentine and Suicide, (as do about 3 million other bands) and they still sound fresh and distinct and even, dare I say it, original. Quite a feat.

cheers

This year has seen a few great releases.

Depeche Mode - Sounds of The Universe
Morrissey - Years of Refusal
Jarvis Cocker - Further Complications
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
Madness - The Liberty of Norton Folgate

Back
Top Bottom