What's wrong with the tracklisting?

I've found that the new Hits album has been heavily criticised for not spanning Mozzers entire solo career.

Well, personally i think that is a good thing - because there has already been a hits album in 1997 that covered the early years. Nothing annoys me more than artists who release multiple hits albums with the same tracks on them - for instance, The Human League (4)!

Why would we need all those tracks again? Personally, i'm glad this rounds up all his recent stuff in one place. In fact, i'm disappointed that it DOES include older stuff like Suedehead & Sunday - i'd rather have had Dagenham Dave & The Boy Racer on there.

I've found that the new Hits album has been heavily criticised for not spanning Mozzers entire solo career.

Well, personally i think that is a good thing - because there has already been a hits album in 1997 that covered the early years. Nothing annoys me more than artists who release multiple hits albums with the same tracks on them - for instance, The Human League (4)!

Why would we need all those tracks again? Personally, i'm glad this rounds up all his recent stuff in one place. In fact, i'm disappointed that it DOES include older stuff like Suedehead & Sunday - i'd rather have had Dagenham Dave & The Boy Racer on there.

This is a Greatest Hits album, the '97 one (Suedehead) was a Best of. The track list has been critised for neglecting songs like "Interesting Drugs" that in fact is one of his greatest UK hits (#9).

Last edited:
I have no idea why a big fan of Morrissey would even care. Whatever the tracklisting, you'd own all the songs anyway so why should it matter? This release isn't for fans of Morrissey. It's for people who like buying compilations.

What's annoying me the most with all those "greatest hits" and "best of" compilations is when the tracks are not in chronological order. I hate it when it's jumping forwards and backwards in time ... it just doesn't have the right flow to it!

Why would we need all those tracks again?

we dont, however the thought of someone unaquainted with Morrissey picking up this collection and taking it for the "greatest" of what Moz has to offer sends a shudder down the spines of many fans.

What's annoying me the most with all those "greatest hits" and "best of" compilations is when the tracks are not in chronological order. I hate it when it's jumping forwards and backwards in time ... it just doesn't have the right flow to it!

I totally agree with that - it's a real pet hate of mine as well! I've got the Suede compilation & that is all over the place.

I tend to programme the correct sequence in when i play it. Chronological is best, no doubt!

Redundant Beach should not be in the mix.

Personally, Boy Happy and Let Me Kiss You are not quite up with the rest either. Remove those three tracks and add Interesting Drug, November, We Hate It, Fatty, The Boy Racer, Boxers, and Alma Matters and that would make a really nice introduction to the world of Morrissey. Also, as mentioned above, make it chronological.

Just seen the track listing. Jesus Christ, it does suck doesn't it. It is a Greatest hits and not a best of. That say's a lot about the single buying public.

Redundant Beach should not be in the mix.

Personally, Boy Happy and Let Me Kiss You are not quite up with the rest either. Remove those three tracks and add Interesting Drug, November, We Hate It, Fatty, The Boy Racer, Boxers, and Alma Matters and that would make a really nice introduction to the world of Morrissey. Also, as mentioned above, make it chronological.

The World Of Morrissey?

Now that IS an album that makes me shudder!

I really don't like this use of old photos of Moz younger. He still looks great and there are plenty of great pics of him not used yet. And as far as the song selection goes the following in my opinion is way better a choice to encapsulate his career so far.

And a little tongue in cheek twist on the title greatest hits.

moz_thegreatest.jpg

Suedehead
Last of the famous international playboys
Everyday is like Sunday
November spawned a monster
Sing your life
My love life
You're the one for me fatty
We hate it when our friends become successful
Sunny
Boxers
Hold onto your friends
The more you ignore me the closer I get
Boy Racer
Dagenham Dave
Alma matters
Irish blood, English heart
First of the gang to die
You have killed me
The youngest was the most loved
All you need is me
That's how people grow up

I really don't like this use of old photos of Moz younger. He still looks great and there are plenty of great pics of him not used yet. And as far as the song selection goes the following in my opinion is way better a choice to encapsulate his career so far.

And a little tongue in cheek twist on the title greatest hits.

moz_thegreatest.jpg

Suedehead
Last of the famous international playboys
Everyday is like Sunday
November spawned a monster
Sing your life
My love life
You're the one for me fatty
We hate it when our friends become successful
Sunny
Boxers
Hold onto your friends
The more you ignore me the closer I get
Boy Racer
Dagenham Dave
Alma matters
Irish blood, English heart
First of the gang to die
You have killed me
The youngest was the most loved
All you need is me
That's how people grow up

That is a great tracklisting - just one quibble; not chronological.

9 / 10.

Back
Top Bottom