What's wrong with Ed Sheeran?

terrancestamp

Why do people not like Ed Sheeran? He can't be as bad as Beyoncé/Taylor Swift etc... His breakout hit was about a hooker with a drug problem. How main stream is that? I attended his show a couple of years back and found myself surrounded by little teen girls. I am sure 90% of them had no idea what he was singing about. This reminds me of T-Rex. Adored by teens but was not meant for them. Trapped. So someone please inform me why he is so horrible. Good songs (yes too many about love) but he is writing deep lyrics in a lot of his songs. Is this a case of judging a book by it's cover?

Why do people not like Ed Sheeran? He can't be as bad as Beyoncé/Taylor Swift etc... His breakout hit was about a hooker with a drug problem. How main stream is that? I attended his show a couple of years back and found myself surrounded by little teen girls. I am sure 90% of them had no idea what he was singing about. This reminds me of T-Rex. Adored by teens but was not meant for them. Trapped. So someone please inform me why he is so horrible. Good songs (yes too many about love) but he is writing deep lyrics in a lot of his songs. Is this a case of judging a book by it's cover?

I was just going to go do some volunteer work to build shelters for refugees but you've made me see that the real victim here is Ed Sheeran. Thank you.

It's hard not to answer with clichéd Moz lyrics/phrases.....

In a nutshell ;

He doesn't have a lovely singing voice (my opinion only of course)
He says nothing to me about my life.

I find his songs a bit bland, his musical style a bit boring and his voice not at all interesting to me.

All his songs sound the same and his lyrics leave a hell of a lot to be desired. There's also the "false narrative" that he's from a normal family when really his family are pretty wealthy and that's how he recorded his first album.

He's like a very very cheap knock of off the Mountain Goats to me:

Last edited by a moderator:

i think its his hair. have you not seen it.

Ok these are all fair responses but nothing too harsh. Overall I see no deep seeded passion of objection. I feel better about the world today. I don't need anyone's approval to like him just didn't understand some of the hate.

You could also ask why does shit stink, but it wouldn't be worth anyone's time answering.

Back
Top Bottom