What's the weirdest food you've ever eaten?

EPbabe

Did you like it? Would you eat it again?

Don't be shy, tell us!

Humble Pie.

:lbf: Nicely played.

Nobody? I'll go first then, but beware, it's not for the eyes of vegetarians!

Pork cheeks with lentil salad yesterday (a traditional Alsatian dish) and fried pork blood in Hungary as a child.

Last edited:
this isn't THAT weird but i really enjoy dorito sandwiches. i use erberts and gerberts day old bread and nacho cheesier doritos. it's really really good.

I've eaten dried caterpillar. It tasted of nothing and I was basically spitting out bits of it for hours afterwards. I'd love to have it again.

Pork cheeks with lentil salad yesterday (a traditional Alsatian dish) and fried pork blood in Hungary as a child.

What are pork cheeks?

When I was younger my dad used to feed me and my sister ostrich, pheasant and rabbit on a regular basis.

I remember one time he made a game pie with all that meat in. Me and my sister used to like it. It's not exactly a weird food.

I don't know whether you would call eating flour mixed with butter and sugar as a weird food but I used to crave that and eat it all the time. I once got through a whole packet of flour and a lot of butter in one week.

As a child, our family would eat pigs feet, known as crubeens in Irish, and also stuffed sheeps hearts.

Vegetarianism was not a difficult choice in later years...

I've eaten a lot of weird foods, while being on holiday in some odd places.

With "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" as a motto, I've eaten:

-shark
-bear
-crocodile
-whale
-buffalo
-moose
-reindeer
-snake

:blushing:

I only scanned this and at first thought you meant you had eaten alsation...as in the dog :blushing:

I ate Kangaroo once, tasted weird, wouldn't eat it again :p.

When I was in the seminary I HAD to eat Balut. Those damn Filipinos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

balut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite fussy about food in general, the weidest thing I had was fried fish's eye when I was 14.

I had this in China. Makes you shudder. I very rarely eat any eggs now.

Peter

The moment I read the name of this thread I was thinking about these eggs!

Never ate it but reading about it left an impression. Douglas Adams wrote about it in Last chance to see. (I can't believe I get to say this twice within a day!)

Did you not get sick?

octopus.

it tastes like chicken.

In Japan, Korea and Greece octopus is commonly eaten.

However, squid and octopus aren't my favourite seafood.

In Japan sea urchin is regarded as a delicacy, but I'm not a fan of shellfish either.

Last edited:
In Japan, Korea and Greece octopus is commonly eaten.

However, squid and octopus aren't my favourite seafood.

In Japan sea urchin is regarded as a delicacy, but I'm not a fan of shellfish either.

I don't think we'd consider octopus weird here in Ireland either, though it's not so commonly eaten. I used to love squid and taht before I was vegan-fish is the only thing I miss!

Back
Top Bottom