What's the standard protocol after a first date?

ok bored i usually agree with your advice, but that just seems lame. nothing wrong with saying you had a fun time. if the guy thinks he has all this magical control just b/c you told him you had a nice time, he has mental problems.

No piece of advice will work for everyone. If a girl gives me a simple text like the one you suggest, it makes me feel like she's fishing for a second date. I like a girl who is creative. I once sent a text message to a girl telling her we were going to take over the world. She sent me an email with a full plan to take over the world with vegetarian cupcakes and embedded a bunch of graphics of weird food products and Pinky and The Brain and it was a riot and made me feel like she was fun and unique. It completely made me WANT to go out with her again.

I was on a first date with a girl and she had to run to the store real quick. Five minutes after she left I got a text that said, "Miss you already."

A little soon for my taste. I would have preferred a text that said, "Hahaha.. and you thought I was coming back ;)"

No piece of advice will work for everyone. If a girl gives me a simple text like the one you suggest, it makes me feel like she's fishing for a second date. I like a girl who is creative. I once sent a text message to a girl telling her we were going to take over the world. She sent me an email with a full plan to take over the world with vegetarian cupcakes and embedded a bunch of graphics of weird food products and Pinky and The Brain and it was a riot and made me feel like she was fun and unique. It completely made me WANT to go out with her again.

I was on a first date with a girl and she had to run to the store real quick. Five minutes after she left I got a text that said, "Miss you already."

A little soon for my taste. I would have preferred a text that said, "Hahaha.. and you thought I was coming back ;)"

Oh, well "i miss you already" is way overboard and if a guy did that, id be like "ew." total turnoff. unlessss we had some crazy ridiculous connection and it was a love at first site deal and the feeling was obviously mutual. but most circumstances, yeah..no....

Oh, well "i miss you already" is way overboard and if a guy did that, id be like "ew." total turnoff.

i agree, texts are more akin to OL not RL & therefore too much subject to the wrongest possible interpretations :cool:

unlessss we had some crazy ridiculous connection and it was a love at first site deal and the feeling was obviously mutual. but most circumstances, yeah..no....
at a certain point in life, arent those the only dates worth following up with a 2nd or a third? :straightface:
if there is not magic, why bother? :o

You should text him if he's not text you after a couple of days, as already said he may be just as nervous as you! The excitement of first dates is amazing, and if that continues after many times of seeing each other you're onto a good 'un. I still get first date feelings whenever I see my bloke and we've been together for a few years now.

I don't think he's interested...

I wound up texting him and thanking him for the roses. He said he had a great time with me. I texted him a bit more and joked around a bit and I haven't heard from him since. It's been a few days.

He came off VERY strong at the beginning and texted me all the time every day. Even after the date he got in his car and said he'd prob. text me when he got home. I think maybe he realized he came off too strong and is backing off opposed to not being interested. I hope. I refuse to believe all of the enjoyment we had together that evening was fake.

Anyway, I'm going to sit back and wait for him to contact me now. He knows I'm interested. Hopefully I'll hear from him.

Last edited:
I don't think he's interested...

I wound up texting him and thanking him for the roses. He said he had a great time with me. I texted him a bit more and joked around a bit and I haven't heard from him since. It's been a few days.

He came off VERY strong at the beginning and texted me all the time every day. Even after the date he got in his car and said he'd prob. text me when he got home. I think maybe he realized he came off too strong and is backing off opposed to not being interested. I hope. I refuse to believe all of the enjoyment we had together that evening was fake.

Anyway, I'm going to sit back and wait for him to contact me now. He knows I'm interested. Hopefully I'll hear from him.
this is a good hope
yes.gif

Oh, well "i miss you already" is way overboard and if a guy did that, id be like "ew." total turnoff. unlessss we had some crazy ridiculous connection and it was a love at first site deal and the feeling was obviously mutual. but most circumstances, yeah..no....

I will say this.. if she had texted right away.. "I had fun last night.. thanks." That would be cool. I think to wait 2 or 3 days and say that is an awkward way of re-initiating contact.

EDIT: I probably should have quoted your other post :D

Back
Top Bottom