Poll What's the reason for recording a new album when BOT's release is still uncertain?

I think the reason Morrissey is recording WMTWD now is because...

• It's "Que Sera, Sera" with BOT, and he's ready to move on.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • He believes it will be easier to get a record deal with WMTWD.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • He's happy with the current line-up, creatively inspired, and wants to act now.

Votes: 53 76.8%
  • He's done with record deals and is finally going to self-release WMTWD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It’s not just the songs Alain has provided for the current session (which should prove to be pretty amazing based on the demos), but also the touches/input he’s providing on songs written by others. He’s determined to make this record as outstanding as possible. It sounds like everyone has brought their A-game and things could really turn out to be magical. There’s an undeniable chemistry with AW involved again. It’s been observed on the live stage and I’m certain it will be evident in the finished studio recordings. The band play really well off of each other it seems and I personally can’t wait for this record to be released 🙂
Alain and Moz do have a special something, it was very evident from the live performances since the beginning.

It’s not just the songs Alain has provided for the current session (which should prove to be pretty amazing based on the demos), but also the touches/input he’s providing on songs written by others. He’s determined to make this record as outstanding as possible. It sounds like everyone has brought their A-game and things could really turn out to be magical. There’s an undeniable chemistry with AW involved again. It’s been observed on the live stage and I’m certain it will be evident in the finished studio recordings. The band play really well off of each other it seems and I personally can’t wait for this record to be released 🙂
I hope that something similar to Southpaw will be recorded.

Why not record when he's got the material ready? The dude is a millionaire - he could record a dozen unreleased albums for his own amusement if he wants. Better than letting the moment pass.

Can you tell us more about how the demos sound?

I imagine he records for a few reasons. It gives his band an earned paycheck, and he feels normal again. I think he gets bored at home and he cant go out in public much..

Attachments

• 28304990-8311985-image-m-73_1589294598500.jpg
    28304990-8311985-image-m-73_1589294598500.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 0
My take on things is that he has faith, so he keeps working and hoping for the best.

He must be the only one doing that in the country today. :LOL:

"Don't get me wrong, I too am worried about my pension, but my work is too important."
#essentialworker

Which songs has Alain provided for the current session? And what demos are you talking about? We haven't heard anything from Alain since YOR. I'm a bit confused here.

I don't want to think that BOT is dead.
No.
I really like all the songs he performed and I wait for it much much more than I anticipated Low and Dog: it seems to sound right for me.

And I give you an advice: don't charge Without music with too much expectation. Morrissey can be wonderful as well as lazy, no matter whose music he works on.

We must also remember he recorded BOT after losing his mum. I can only imagine the grief in the recording of oblivion etc which Is why I’m waiting for it, regardless.

As for world without music, we may just hear it in march.

Which songs has Alain provided for the current session? And what demos are you talking about? We haven't heard anything from Alain since YOR. I'm a bit confused here.
On July 5th 2021, Morrissey said this on the topic...with the protracted delay / cancellation of BOT, plans for 2022 became plans for 2023.

SAM:
You are writing new songs with Alain Whyte. How did that come about?
M:
We had been in touch a lot over the last few years and so I suggested we try something out and he’s given me some incredible music. It would be for next year though, not this, but it’s all terrific music. We didn’t ever part acrimoniously, but as usual people’s snippy views get in the way and suddenly it all gets warped. Alain and I wrote some outstanding songs together … in my view, anyway!

Can you tell us more about how the demos sound?
I can and I can’t lol
I can only go by the original demos I heard that Alain submitted to Moz (there were easily enough for three M records, but that’s another story). The beauty of them is that they offer the listener a lot of different types of music, but all undeniably retain that Alain Whyte sound (a sound that some, myself included, feel has been missing from way too long). There are old school rockabilly vibes, Fock type tunes, stuff that is very vauxhall era sounding even though they were newer works and even hints of Nick Drake whom Al has cited as an influence in some of his recent writing.

It’s especially hard to provide any useful info to you and others for a few reasons. I’ve heard the tunes submitted, but there are too many to really narrow it down to a specific sound, I also don’t know which ones Moz has chosen to work on (in part because the titles have changed from AW’s demo names) and lastly and maybe even most importantly, the songs themselves often times end up being highly transformed from the original demo. They may retain the main foundation from the demo but can still sound night and day different when compared to the demo. I’m REALLY sorry I can’t provide more info. I’ve not heard the final tracked versions of the tunes. As mentioned, all I can say is that AW is proud of what he’s brought to the record as a whole (be they his songs or those written by others). It’s been a real team effort and everyone is firing on all cylinders. M’s lyrics are “great”, I’m told. Al’s done bv’s on some stuff he’s really happy with as well. I trust Alain’s opinion and summation on most (most 😉) music related matters and he thinks the record is going to be REALLY good. So, for all the discussion around the travesty that’s become of BoT and the Andrew Watt experience, I’m pretty optimistic. One thing we talk about all the time (and I’ve mentioned it previously here), there is a chemistry in bands that will usually make or break them. It seems to have found a place within the current lineup and I think we as fans will benefit from it for as long as it’s in place, at least.

Crikey, I’m long-winded and said a whole lot of nothing. Again, apologies lol

I can and I can’t lol
I can only go by the original demos I heard that Alain submitted to Moz (there were easily enough for three M records, but that’s another story). The beauty of them is that they offer the listener a lot of different types of music, but all undeniably retain that Alain Whyte sound (a sound that some, myself included, feel has been missing from way too long). There are old school rockabilly vibes, Fock type tunes, stuff that is very vauxhall era sounding even though they were newer works and even hints of Nick Drake whom Al has cited as an influence in some of his recent writing.

It’s especially hard to provide any useful info to you and others for a few reasons. I’ve heard the tunes submitted, but there are too many to really narrow it down to a specific sound, I also don’t know which ones Moz has chosen to work on (in part because the titles have changed from AW’s demo names) and lastly and maybe even most importantly, the songs themselves often times end up being highly transformed from the original demo. They may retain the main foundation from the demo but can still sound night and day different when compared to the demo. I’m REALLY sorry I can’t provide more info. I’ve not heard the final tracked versions of the tunes. As mentioned, all I can say is that AW is proud of what he’s brought to the record as a whole (be they his songs or those written by others). It’s been a real team effort and everyone is firing on all cylinders. M’s lyrics are “great”, I’m told. Al’s done bv’s on some stuff he’s really happy with as well. I trust Alain’s opinion and summation on most (most 😉) music related matters and he thinks the record is going to be REALLY good. So, for all the discussion around the travesty that’s become of BoT and the Andrew Watt experience, I’m pretty optimistic. One thing we talk about all the time (and I’ve mentioned it previously here), there is a chemistry in bands that will usually make or break them. It seems to have found a place within the current lineup and I think we as fans will benefit from it for as long as it’s in place, at least.

Very informative, thank you! Glad to hear there is enough material to potentially fit over three records.

I can and I can’t lol

Thanks a lot for that insight. Even more that looking forward to hearing Alain's musical contribution is his backing vocals. Vauxhall's appeal for me has a lot to do with Alain's vocals. Yes I realise we may never hear this new material but we can hope ;)

I can and I can’t lol

Thank you. It's all been rather bleak with news with BoT. It may just be that Moz has moved on because it was two years ago, whereas I and others are struggling to because only half the box was opened... This sounds really promising, I just pray there is some kind of plan that will allow us to hear the resulting LP sooner rather than never.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers morrissey without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom