what's the best way to purchase tix for london from the states?

nobodysxhero

sorry if anyone already asked this. i'm looking to purchase the six-night pass for the london shows, but i'm ordering from the US. the only link i've seen selling tickets is the one posted to gigsandtours.com, but i can't find information on their site as to whether or not they'll accept credit cards with a US billing address/ship to the US.

does anyone know the best, surefire way to go about this? thankyou!

cg

sorry if anyone already asked this. i'm looking to purchase the six-night pass for the london shows, but i'm ordering from the US. the only link i've seen selling tickets is the one posted to gigsandtours.com, but i can't find information on their site as to whether or not they'll accept credit cards with a US billing address/ship to the US.

cg

i dunno but if you find out please pm me... i will let you know if I find anything. thnx

If I remember gigs&tours sold the tix 4 that, 'Who put the m..' Manchester show & the MEN. I bought my tix here in The States with my Visa & a, 'Will Call' was set up. I bit my nails 4 a month. sure enough the tix were givin 2 me the day of the show right there & the MEN box office.

well guys at least we can do it via internet... imagine if we had to make one of those international phone calls?? :eek:

I bought my verve and charlatans tickets through gigs and tours on seetickets.com and it was a breeze..they held my tickets for me at the box office (they have no idea what will call is over there)

They went on sale at 9:00 am so I stayed up till 4:00 am on the east coast and got them no problem..good luck you guys..I'd join you over there but I just came back from london..if you take the camden stop on the tube, the venue is right there; you can't miss it.

I bought my verve and charlatans tickets through gigs and tours on seetickets.com and it was a breeze..they held my tickets for me at the box office (they have no idea what will call is over there)

They went on sale at 9:00 am so I stayed up till 4:00 am on the east coast and got them no problem..good luck you guys..I'd join you over there but I just came back from london..if you take the camden stop on the tube, the venue is right there; you can't miss it.

ok so this is 2 Americans saying they had no probs with gigs&tours. That is, we had no probs buying UK tix all the way from the US. I forget, do we get charged double on our ccs? Like if a ticket is say $50.00 our credit cards will say $100 cuz 1 US greenback = .50 cents in the UK? Can't remember

oh why don't you be a trooper and come? :):) thanks for the info!

oh why don't you be a trooper and come? :):) thanks for the info!

I really really want to go but I just got back from London..Unless some cute English girl would put me up for a week, then I would have to strongly reevaluate my decision..:)

Yes the pounds to dollars ration is around two dollars for every pound they cost..I could not find a cheap sandwich over there for less then $16.00 or so..was brutal!

Also, there is no password with seetickets..basically its just one screen..you select how many you want to book hit purchase and if they have them you get them..you then fill out your mailing information afterwards..

For a presale verve sale, there was a special link they send out via e-mail so I would strongly recommend preregistering with gigs and yours..if possible..the verve link for the presale got changed around 3:30 am on the day of the sale..luckily I was paying attention to my e-mails and directed my internet there..a lot of people were not paying attention and did not realize the presale page change..

I found a roundtrip flight on Virgin from Newark Airport to Heathrow round trip for only $528.00 leaving on Sunday the 19th and getting back on Monday the 28th..

no I shouldn't!!! but I am really havig the urge to go again..

I found a roundtrip flight on Virgin from Newark Airport to Heathrow round trip for only $528.00 leaving on Sunday the 19th and getting back on Monday the 28th..

no I shouldn't!!! but I am really havig the urge to go again..

funny, i have east-coast friends that were over at that verve show. thanks for the info...i guess i 'll just try gigs and tours when tickets go onsale! then renew my passport...book a hotel...et cetera, et cetera. let the anxiety begin!

cg

Gigs n tours did let people in the US purchase tix for the MEN show, but for a lot the 30 date UK tour last April/May, they didn't. I had to get most of mine from ebay, or ticketmaster UK. No mind, I hate the f***ing seetickets/gigsandtours sites anyways.

Gigs n tours did let people in the US purchase tix for the MEN show, but for a lot the 30 date UK tour last April/May, they didn't. I had to get most of mine from ebay, or ticketmaster UK. No mind, I hate the f***ing seetickets/gigsandtours sites anyways.

am i blind, or is there no contact information (particularly email address) on the gigsandtours site? also, i looked on ticketmaster UK but the shows weren't listed yet...i imagine they'll be posted in the next couple days? i'm really just thinking out loud here, since i doubt anyone has answers to these, but if you do please let me know!

Gigs and Tours/Seetickets don't ship tickets outside UK anymore.
There were too many tickets stolen (or "lost" as See calls it...) in the mail.
They can't track&trace the tickets once they leave the UK.
Only option is willcall/boxoffice pickup when you live outside UK.
Ticketmaster usually lists new shows on Wed/Thurs.

Youi've just had 500 gigs in america why would you want to come over here, let the europeans have there turn in peace

Gigs and Tours/Seetickets don't ship tickets outside UK anymore.
There were too many tickets stolen (or "lost" as See calls it...) in the mail.
They can't track&trace the tickets once they leave the UK.
Only option is willcall/boxoffice pickup when you live outside UK.
Ticketmaster usually lists new shows on Wed/Thurs.

but with will call/ box office pickup you have to show id and the creditcard that you bought the tickets with, right? and since i'm not going to use my own card there is no chance for me to get a ticket then..

Youi've just had 500 gigs in america why would you want to come over here, let the europeans have there turn in peace

there were plenty of people who came from all over Europe for the American shows, especially the East Coast shows and we welcomed them with open arms..I would expect you to do the same..

Back
Top Bottom