What's the best song Stallone did with Sly and the family stone?

I prefer the work Stallone did with Sly and the family stone. Although I'm not a great fan of his movies. What do you think was the best song he's ever done?

The best song in a Stallone movie is "Eye of The Tiger", hands down. I mean, come on.

However, you may be referring to Frank Stallone. In which case I must declare "Frank Stallone" only a slight runner up to the best debut album of 1984.

Be honest. This song could easily have been an early Smiths b-side:

Take you back
do do do do
take you back
take you back
do do do do
take you back
i don't know why i should even try
to take you back
take you back in my life
you say there's a reason
that you can't live without my love

Push me back
you push me just too far
you never stop
you are what you are
you lie and you hurt me
when you do the things you do

Now the nights are forever
all the low lie together
no one else will it matter
theres nothin you can say or do
change my mind of you with you...

Don't put me down no more
heres walkin out the door
you know that i love you
but i can't be a fool no more....
i need someone in my life...

Now the nights are forever
all the low lie together
no one else will it matter
theres nothin you can say or do
change of you with you..
yeah yeah yeah

Sly Stones best song might be If You Want Me To Stay, but possibly Somebody's Watching You or I Wanna Take You Higher. Sly Stallone has no good movies or songs and is most famous for appearing in the Andy Warhol Diaries supporting Bianca Jagger.

Sly Stones best song might be If You Want Me To Stay, but possibly Somebody's Watching You or I Wanna Take You Higher. Sly Stallone has no good movies or songs and is most famous for appearing in the Andy Warhol Diaries supporting Bianca Jagger.

Dave, Dave, Dave. I'm looking at that wonderful picture of Ozzy and just have to ask: you didn't like Sly's run of campy action films in the 1980s? What about "Rocky"? At least "Rocky".

And if not, well, no worries, you might still love his paintings.

There was probably something there that I have forgotten, to be fair. He gave us Bridgette Nielsen
nielsen.jpg
anyway. I mean, way before the Flavor Flav thing she was sort of cool.

Sez Sly, from Aint It Cool News:

"The reason ROCKY IV seems a little disjointed is because I was having a conflict with [composer] Bill Conti at the time and decided to go in a different direction, which I’m sorry for. Also, I think the whole premise of the film was based too much on “the fight” and not the personal struggles that preceded the fight. If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve hired Bill Conti, married Ivan Drago and punched out Brigitte Nielsen."

Worm, I'm totally amazed your vast knowledge of music.:D

Well...the song is in every Rocky movie in some form...just like Frank Stallone. All he had to do was Google the lyrics...

Back
Top Bottom