What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

A Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan....Again!

I need to buy more books..:)

TV Guide :D

simpsons-the-homer-tv-4900921.jpg

"Hitchhiker's Guide" series to ride again
Wed Sep 17, 10:43 AM ET

Children's author Eoin Colfer is to write a sixth novel in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series, seven years after the death of its creator Douglas Adams, Penguin said Wednesday.

The Irish writer, best known for his Artemis Fowl fairy stories, has the blessing of Adams' widow, Jane Belson, to continue the bestselling science fiction saga.

Called "And Another Thing...," the new novel will be published in October 2009. Colfer said he was a big fan of the original books, which started as a BBC radio serial.

"For years I have been finishing this incredible story in my head and now I have the opportunity to do it in the real world," he said in a statement. "It is a gift from the Gods. So, thank you Thor and Odin."

The satirical books tell the story of a hapless Englishman called Arthur Dent who travels the universe after the Earth is demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

The saga centers on the search for the answer to "life, the universe and everything," which after a long wait turns out to be 42. Penguin Managing Director Helen Fraser said she hoped Colfer would attract new readers to the books.

Adams died from a heart attack in California in 2001 at the age of 49. He had hoped to finish the series with a sixth novel.

"Five seems to be a wrong kind of number; six is a better kind of number," he once said.

(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; editing by Steve Addison)
Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

100 Bullets Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call by Brian Azzarello

And, as soon as it arrives in the mail, I'll give the much-hyped The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson, a go.

"Hitchhiker's Guide" series to ride again
Wed Sep 17, 10:43 AM ET

Children's author Eoin Colfer is to write a sixth novel in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series, seven years after the death of its creator Douglas Adams, Penguin said Wednesday.

The Irish writer, best known for his Artemis Fowl fairy stories, has the blessing of Adams' widow, Jane Belson, to continue the bestselling science fiction saga.

Called "And Another Thing...," the new novel will be published in October 2009. Colfer said he was a big fan of the original books, which started as a BBC radio serial.

"For years I have been finishing this incredible story in my head and now I have the opportunity to do it in the real world," he said in a statement. "It is a gift from the Gods. So, thank you Thor and Odin."

The satirical books tell the story of a hapless Englishman called Arthur Dent who travels the universe after the Earth is demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass.

The saga centers on the search for the answer to "life, the universe and everything," which after a long wait turns out to be 42. Penguin Managing Director Helen Fraser said she hoped Colfer would attract new readers to the books.

Adams died from a heart attack in California in 2001 at the age of 49. He had hoped to finish the series with a sixth novel.

"Five seems to be a wrong kind of number; six is a better kind of number," he once said.

(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; editing by Steve Addison)
Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited.

:confused: What? Why? As if the movie wasn't bad enough. :rolleyes:

Anyone read Mystic River by Dennis Lehane? A very good book. Also the film by Clint eastwood is amazing.

Anyone read Mystic River by Dennis Lehane? A very good book. Also the film by Clint eastwood is amazing.

I've read it, and even though I don't like the genre I thought it was nice :).

I'm reading Until I Find You by my beloved John Irving.

I've read it, and even though I don't like the genre I thought it was nice :).

I'm reading Until I Find You by my beloved John Irving.

Thats the next one on my "pile of unread books". What do you think of it so far? Every critic seems to consider it the worst of his books (but I've read the same about "The 158-Pound Marriage, which is one of my favourites).

I'm an Irving-aholic - I love them all.

Thats the next one on my "pile of unread books". What do you think of it so far? Every critic seems to consider it the worst of his books (but I've read the same about "The 158-Pound Marriage, which is one of my favourites).

I'm an Irving-aholic - I love them all.

I love Irving- his work and the man himself.

I've read too the unenthusiastic reviews, but so far I have no idea what they're talking about. I love the characters, including the secondary ones. The story line is interesting. He creates there a whole new world- as usual. It's also very long, which is a good thing. (I've always though for example that The Cider House Roles was too short). I still have about 500 pages to go, I'll let you know if I change my mind :)

I instantly fell in love with "The World According To Garp" - a masterpiece. Best Irving IMO. His weakest IMO is "A Son Of The Circus" - but it's still an enjoyable read.

And yes, 1000+ pages of Irving just isn't enough :).

I had the same thing with Garp, it was my first Irving book and still my favorite.
Until I Find You reminds me a lot of it. Maybe it's because of the theme of a little boy with a unique person for a mum. I think Jenny Fields is my favorite fictional person of all time.

Manic by Terri Cheney. A story about bipolar disorder but very funny too..:)

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom