What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I like both of them as well. The Numskulls were an ole favourite.

i'm right with you, there. however, they're 'the beezer' not 'the beano'! looks like somebody needs to hit the books!

I like both of them as well. The Numskulls were an ole favourite.

i'm right with you, there. however, they're 'the beezer' not 'the beano'! looks like somebody needs to hit the books!

actually, i stand corrected: they defected to 'the beano' in recent years. that's weird. i wonder how that works.

Douglas Adams: The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

and also I'm reading mikrobiology-book because I have an exam at Wednesday...

historyrc7.jpg

A History of Private Life:
From Pagan Rome to Byzantium (Vol. 1)

Paul Veyne (Editor) Arthur Goldhammer (Translator)

41090cz4qklvu4.jpg

The Last Crusade: Spain 1936
Warren H. Carroll

Anyone familiar with the Southern Catholic Semiotician Walker Percy? The author came to my attention through a citation in an essay on Distributivism and I've been impressed with everything I've read of him thus far, as both of us seem to share similar preoccupations. I ordered another of his nonfiction works tonight on amazon.

The Message in the Bottle: How Queer Man Is, How Queer Language Is, and What One Has to Do with the Other
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Message_in_the_Bottle

Tess Gerritsen - The Memphisto Club

If anybody wants it, drop me your address and I can pass it on, it's a bit steamed from reading in the bath and waterlogged from a not very successful camping trip, but still read-able. I've just ordered loads more of her books from e-bay.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

How do you find it?
I read it six years ago.
It was hard for the first 100 pages, but once I got on the flow it was OK.

A Japanese novelist Natsuki Ikezawa who did a summer lecture at Kyoto University four years ago published a book about the lecture and he put a chart of One Hundred Years of Solitude.
I wish I had it when I was reading it.

How do you find it?
I read it six years ago.
It was hard for the first 100 pages, but once I got on the flow it was OK.

A Japanese novelist Natsuki Ikezawa who did a summer lecture at Kyoto University four years ago published a book about the lecture and he put a chart of One Hundred Years of Solitude.
I wish I had it when I was reading it.

This is the second time I've read it this year and I am greatly enjoying it. You're right it does take a while to get into at first but it is a deeply rewarding experience once you do.

This is an interesting analysis:
http://www.mala.bc.ca/~johnstoi/introser/marquez.HTM

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom