What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

T

Trans

So about half way through Hollywood by Vidal and it’s very good even if it maybe doesn’t have the momentum of dc. I was delighted to see that it’s all a continuation of the characters even if I found that out by reading the novels in reverse chronological order. Another funny bit is that they’re going through the Spanish flu pandemic and are talking about social distancing and everyone wearing masks in public

Catholic

Just finished Brideshead Revisited.

Now reading Morrissey's Autobiography.

On my thirteenth reading of Valentin Tomberg's esoteric masterpiece Meditations on the Tarot. (Which sounds New Age, but isn't. It's the book that led me to convert to Catholicism. Without which, I never could have.)

Dale Wharfe

A Fraction Of The Whole by Steve Toltz.

'Betrayal wears a lot of different hats. You don't have to make a show of it like Brutus did, you don't have to leave anything visible jutting from the base of your best friend' s spine, and afterward you can stand there straining your ears for hours, but you won't hear a cock crow either. No, the most insidious betrayals are done merely by leaving the life jacket hanging in your closet while you lie to yourself that it's probably not the drowning man's size'

I'm reading him in the Willow Tree. One good thing about having gone through lockdown is that I don't care what people think anymore. If I want to read a book In the pub on Saturday and ignore everyone around me, I will.

'Tell me, sonny, what do you think makes good army material?' the recruiting officer asked. 'Light cotton?' I offered, and after not laughing for ten seconds straight, he grudgingly sent me down to the doctor. Unfortunately, that was the end of my adventure. I failed the mandatory physical examination with flying colours. The doctor probed me with an astonished look on his face and concluded that he had never seen a body in as bad a shape as mine outside of wartime'

Last edited:
T

Trans

Starting the executioners by John McDonald. A different sort of choice for me and a spontaneous purchase but it seemed really interesting and just the right size to try so here I go

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Top Bottom