What would you say to Morrissey?

Marr

Say one day you are about the town and suddenly you glance over, and standing over there is none other than Steven Patrick Morrissey. What would your reaction be? Would you freak out, act calm and casual or be too shy at all to actually go up and talk to him? What would you ask him or talk to him about?

I would ask, "Who did you have in mind when you wrote 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out', and what happened to that particular love interest in the subsequent 25 years.."

I would freak out, but I would also go up to him. That I know.
Say? Who knows? Probably ramble on and on about how much I love and adore him. Just like I did when he gave me the mic at the Borås-show last year. :o

..It actually happened to me one night, as I was leaving a bar, in Liverpool, in 1987....Morrissey and a ( Unknown) friend were waklking right past me, and I recognised him, and said ( To My ETERNAL shame) " excuse me, you're the singer with the Smiths aren't you" ?? ( ...I was dumbfounded, dumbstruck and drunk....and I was not sure sure if he preferred to be called just by his surname, or by his "christain" name..I was also in shock, as I was totally besotted by the Smiths..).
he was incredibly Charming ( But VERY Shy...) and took the time to speak politely to me...The friend he was with, on the other hand was an Utter twat, and was trying to drag him away.

P.S., Outside Salford university ( before a Smiths gig..), I saw Andy Rourke get out of a car, and go in with his Bass....and I said to my mate..." Oh look!! ..there's "Thingy"!!!
Andy gave me a wink and a "Thumbs up"...

I met him and blew m chance and asked him if he saw signs. :straightface: Now the running joke amongst my friends is that I asked Morrissey if he saw the movie Signs. :rolleyes:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mTgO18G5zjI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mTgO18G5zjI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

DON'T go see the movie Signs, it is stupid. But it's a funny joke, we took the bus past the Cat & Fiddle where I met him and I heard over and over "Did you see the movie Signs?" :p

I would freak out, but I would also go up to him. That I know.
Say? Who knows? Probably ramble on and on about how much I love and adore him. Just like I did when he gave me the mic at the Borås-show last year. :o

Oh, you went to the gig in Borås? (Visst var det lite konstigt att han kom till Borås av alla städer?)

I would say hello with an air of familiarity and if he said hello back I would introduce myself and make some understated-in-passing-yet-glowing comment about whatever his latest 'thing' was at the time....

You know, keep it real. :cool:

he was incredibly Charming ( But VERY Shy...) and took the time to speak politely to me...

Just reading that marches upon the fantastic. :o

So, had he seen it or not??

I liked it :)

I dunno. I'll ask him that after I ask him "What in the world brings you to Glendora?" because that's where I'd bump into him. :p

Another thing my friends do to tease me (I'll never live this down) is in reference to the second question I asked him that I didn't really post here. They sing the chorus of this song to me but change the lyrics to "People....within people....." :rofl:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-8gn6vGu_w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-8gn6vGu_w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Oh if I had the chance to meet Morrissey over again. :pray:

Lol, love the advice Maurice E.

I was thinking about this very thing the other day - I've always thought I would be confident and cocky; in reality, I think I would be sheepish.

I would say to him:

"Do you have any advice for me?"

But I'd make it all serious.

..It actually happened to me one night, as I was leaving a bar, in Liverpool, in 1987....Morrissey and a ( Unknown) friend were waklking right past me, and I recognised him, and said ( To My ETERNAL shame) " excuse me, you're the singer with the Smiths aren't you" ?? ( ...I was dumbfounded, dumbstruck and drunk....and I was not sure sure if he preferred to be called just by his surname, or by his "christain" name..I was also in shock, as I was totally besotted by the Smiths..).
he was incredibly Charming ( But VERY Shy...) and took the time to speak politely to me...The friend he was with, on the other hand was an Utter twat, and was trying to drag him away.

Yer not a merchant seaman are yer?....

223582245_8cc9c2869d_z.jpg

I was thinking about this very thing the other day - I've always thought I would be confident and cocky; in reality, I think I would be sheepish.

I would say to him:

"Do you have any advice for me?"

But I'd make it all serious.

You should offer to be his executive quiff consultant ;)

I wouldn't be able to speak, but if the voice came out, i would say..."what a terrible mess YOU made of my life. But I forgive you. Always I do forgive you. I love you. Can I kiss you? Would you put your arms around me? I won't tell anyone." No, I'd just say "Can I kiss you?"

Tags
in person meeting morrissey talk the smiths weirdos
Back
Top Bottom