What would you say to Morrissey?

You have the personality of a c***.

It's interesting you say that, when it's you who goes around calling people racists and c***s. One would almost believe that it is you who should be labelled as a "c***".

It's interesting you say that, when it's you who goes around calling people racists and c***s. One would almost believe that it is you who should be labelled as a "c***".

Calling Morrissey a racist was a joke on current affairs, topical some would say, and also, you are perpetuating the demonisation of the female genitalia. I would rather be a c*** than sexist.

Calling Morrissey a racist was a joke on current affairs, topical some would say, and also, you are perpetuating the demonisation of the female genitalia. I would rather be a c*** than sexist.

So you're saying that you were all of a sudden complimenting me by calling me a "c***"? Interesting. Your brain works in strange ways!

I like the vagina, but I'd rather not be called one. Just as I wouldn't wanna be called a prick, a leg or a hand either.

But do elaborate.

As a walking, talking vagina I'd like to officially say I hate the word "c***." :p

I better be careful what I say in the "What would you say to Morrissey?" thread.

This'll be my next zinger for the Cat & Fiddle. :rofl:

So you're saying that you were all of a sudden complimenting me by calling me a "c***"? Interesting. Your brain works in strange ways!

I like the vagina, but I'd rather not be called one. Just as I wouldn't wanna be called a prick, a leg or a hand either.

But do elaborate.

To be honest. I can't be bothered.

As a walking, talking vagina I'd like to officially say I hate the word "c***." :p

I better be careful what I say in the "What would you say to Morrissey?" thread.

This'll be my next zinger for the Cat & Fiddle. :rofl:

Its the best word ever,bar none,and to the point.

"See him? he's a c***"

Its the best word ever,bar none,and to the point.

"See him? he's a c***"

As with all words it's how it's used that makes it effective. During my travels around America it seemed a number of people hated the c word- not that I went around with a graph asking people to rate their emotions to the word.
Where as in England people are (generally) a lot more playful with the c word.
Personally, I rarely swear I find people who swear a lot very waring- not always but often it suggests a limited lexicon and this ilk of person rarely swear well.

Withnail is good with a swear word as was Peter cook.

Re: c-word

As with all words it's how it's used that makes it effective. During my travels around America it seemed a number of people hated the c word- not that I went around with a graph asking people to rate their emotions to the word.
Where as in England people are (generally) a lot more playful with the c word.
Personally, I rarely swear I find people who swear a lot very waring- not always but often it suggests a limited lexicon and this ilk of person rarely swear well.

Withnail is good with a swear word as was Peter cook.

I've never been to the States, but one of fellow moderators bored commented that British people use c-word way too casually.

In the States c-word is still the ultimate taboo.

Re: c-word

I've never been to the States, but one of fellow moderators bored commented that British people use c-word way too casually.

In the States c-word is still the ultimate taboo.

In my experience it was the white middle class Americans that got the most upset- but then they are quite a boring breed.

I find it amazing that people can get so put out by a swear word, yet they will quite happily back a war or go hunting and eat meat.

Humans are a confused bunch. I would rather be one of my cats

Last edited:
Up here amongst the barbarian hordes c*** is as common as falling rain, uttered by grannys and infants alike.
I am, personally, sick to death of it. Do you choose to be ugly and vulgar, or is it thrust upon you? Imagine waking up one day and just trying not to be. Just for a laugh, for something new, for something different.
You'd get yer head kicked in, in this town.
:straightface:

Up here amongst the barbarian hordes c*** is as common as falling rain, uttered by grannys and infants alike.
I am, personally, sick to death of it. Do you choose to be ugly and vulgar, or is it thrust upon you? Imagine waking up one day and just trying not to be. Just for a laugh, for something new, for something different.
You'd get yer head kicked in, in this town.
:straightface:

One might even choose to be something as outré as "charming."

One might even choose to be something as outré as "charming."

I once went out wearing a Smiths promo pin badge with the single word 'charming' on it (if you can't be charming at least you can wear the badge, right?)
A five year old girl passed me at the end of our street. 'c***' she said.
'Mother Glasgow...' etc.

I genuinely don't know how the word "c***" has come to acquire such a taboo status. I don't like using it (simply because I have a thing about only using words which I find useful and which I feel are pleasant to say and listen to), but it's no different to using any other genital insult, surely? I've read around it a bit- a very interesting book on swearing called Filthy English, written by Peter Silverton- and I still don't really get it.

Back on topic. I've often thought long and hard about this. If I were to met Morrissey I would simply shake his hand and say "Thank you". In those two words are 23 years of being a fan. A deep fan. He knows what it conveys when he sees me. Nothng more, nothing less.

I'd would just tell him thank you, I love you and I would probably stupidly show him my "initiate me" tattoo.

Tags
in person meeting morrissey talk the smiths weirdos
Back
Top Bottom