What would you say to Morrissey?

Thanks for the "Link" /Connection above Joe!!!:)

...I was not a merchant seaman at the time!! ( ...I worked in Fords factory, Halewood...).
I still have the pen that Morrissey used to sign my torn-up "Embassy No#1" Cigarette packet with!!

Thanks for the "Link" /Connection above Joe!!!:)

I still have the pen that Morrissey used to sign my torn-up "Embassy No#1" Cigarette packet with!!

You scousers are a classy lot, no messin' :D

(you do still have the fag packet though, right? Cos otherwise that'd be a right shite deal!)

Oh Joe!!!
...I have posted the "Full" version of this legendary meeting on here elsewhere, somewhere....But....In Case you have never read it, I was also with a lady who was known as "Fat Pat" ( she insisted herself, on being called by that name ( No Fattism intended...). She also got Morrissey to sign her arm,( without having the skightest idea who he was....). And then later on that evening, spat on it, and rubbed it off!! ( Oh, and she ONLY drank "Pints"....but was a really nice Lady, beneath all the "One of the Lads" Macho-ness...).

Yes, still have the Fag-packet!!! framed and cherished to this very day!!!

Oh Joe!!!
...I have posted the "Full" version of this legendary meeting on here elsewhere, somewhere....But....In Case you have never read it, I was also with a lady who was known as "Fat Pat" ( she insisted herself, on being called by that name ( No Fattism intended...). She also got Morrissey to sign her arm,( without having the skightest idea who he was....). And then later on that evening, spat on it, and rubbed it off!! ( Oh, and she ONLY drank "Pints"....but was a really nice Lady, beneath all the "One of the Lads" Macho-ness...).

Yes, still have the Fag-packet!!! framed and cherished to this very day!!!

prob this

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1149556&postcount=47

It's time the tale were told...........
I was on date with a lady called Pat once in Liverpool ( August 11th, 1987)
And as we were leaving the Adelphi Hotel, I almost bumped into Morrissey.
I was so shocked/surprised at seeing him, I blurted out rather stupidly "You're the singer from the Smiths, aren't you?".....( I think they were in the process of splitting up at the time...).
I asked him to please wait, as I wanted to go back into the hotel, and get some paper, so I could get an autograph.....

The receptionist was a stuffy cow who said I couldn't have a piece, as I was not a paying guest....So, I tore my Cigarette packet into pieces, and Morrissey gave me 3 autographs ( 2 extras, for friends, who were Smiths fans too...)
All the time, A person ( male, unknown name...)who Morrissey was with, kept moaning at him to leave us.....But Morrisey was very nice and patient.....Pat, The lady I was with, had NO idea who Morrissey was, but she Hugged him, and kissed him anyway ( yes, Pat was like that...). She got Morrissey to autograph her arm ( I still have the Sacred pen...)
I shook his hand and off he/they walked.....
Pat asked me if I wanted to follow, ( she could tell I was still "Gobsmacked" at meeting him),but I decided I had done all I ever wanted to....I met him, shook his hand, got his autograph, told him he was a genius.....so we just carried on with our night out....
Very nice fella indeed, in my opinion...
Pat finished the night by wiping the signature off her arm With a Wet bar towel!!!

whatever happen between you and the girl after that date?
Glad you enjoyed it!!!.......we just went back to Pats, and she locked me in her house, by putting the door key down her Bra........ we eventually mutually decided that we not that good together as a couple, but, we Still remain good friends....
Interseting "Punch" Line, to this tale.... She really had no idea who Morrissey was, and the Smiths single at the time just released, was "Girlfriend in a coma"
I swear I am NOT Making this up.....I couldn't tell Pat about the title, because ...Honestly......she had recently been released from Hospital, because she had been in a Coma!! (....for about 3 days....she was overcome by smoke fumes, in a house fire,,,,).
Ahh, this kinda stuff can ONLY happen to me!!!

Last edited:
This is so difficult.I would probably just stand there speechless and unable to do anything logical.Maybe i would start mumbling something.Im too shy i think.

^^ Dave, your stories are the best!!:thumb:

As for what i'd say to Morrissey.... it's not like i haven't rehearsed it a zillion times, but in all reality, the words wouldn't come out... what would come out would be "Bleargh.. blah.. I love you..."

My greatest fear would be that i use my standard quote for meeting famous dancers (yes, i've used this one before on Adam Cooper) "you mezmerise your audience"... cringe... better to remain silent and look stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.:squiffy:

I would probably be incredibly shy, seeing as I'm that way with most people, but once I was able to muster up the courage enough to approach him I'd just thank him for creating and say that I was glad to have met him. Then most likely I'd tell him I was sorry if me stopping him was a bother. haha.

I'd run toward him, in my best petticoats and bonnet, and exclaim ~
"Daddy!...my Daddy!"

:tears:
still gets me every time

I would avoid saying anything - I would even keep my distance. Imagine if you made a total tit of yourself, and every time you listened to his records it reminded you

If you're in the brink of giving up touring, that's fine. But listen, do us a favour: Don't tell anybody. Keep it under wraps and first do something useful. BOICOTT SPAIN AND MEXICO on account of their torture to bulls. I don't know how much you really know about bullfights, but just consider it's all in the name of entertainment and "tradition".
Be brutal, be strong. "I BOYCOTT SPAIN AND MEXICO!"
You haven't done it yet and I can only think it's because you don't feel like burning those bridges. I don't know. But if you're thinking of retiring, do this before, please.

The bulls need him in Spain. If you boycott the bullfighters, you boycott the bull too.

Tags
in person meeting morrissey talk the smiths weirdos
Back
Top Bottom