What Would YOU Exterminate?

What would YOU exterminate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uhh, most cold-blooded animals do just sit there all day, whether they're in zoos or not.

Not here in the tropics; they're fairly busy, actually. Even the Komodo who lived outdoors at the zoo here for awhile was lively, perhaps not just because of the climate but also because it had some room to move around. The one in the little glass case was just stunned, staring straight ahead at the people walking by. It was different, trust me.

would it be a shallow decision to exterminate bees?

I can live without honey, I really can. :mad:

Actually, the bees are being exterminated - by something. It's called 'colony collapse disorder," and no one knows what's causing it, or how to stop it. Bees are incredibly important pollinators, and entire colonies are being wiped out at once. It's pretty grim.

I'm helping out with a charity event to bring attention to the problem and help fund researchers. There will be a live colony of bees present, and I'm totally phobic. That massive swarming, buzzing sound makes my blood run cold - I hope no one notices my knees buckling. :o

Not here in the tropics; they're fairly busy, actually. Even the Komodo who lived outdoors at the zoo here for awhile was lively, perhaps not just because of the climate but also because it had some room to move around. The one in the little glass case was just stunned, staring straight ahead at the people walking by. It was different, trust me.

And yet in other ways they are extremely lucky compared to us, freed as they are from the tyranny of pants.

I'm helping out with a charity event to bring attention to the problem and help fund researchers. There will be a live colony of bees present, and I'm totally phobic. That massive swarming, buzzing sound makes my blood run cold - I hope no one notices my knees buckling. :o

A charity event for bees?

Bees are my favorite bugs. They're totally fascinating.

Here's one of them most famous passages from the Aeneid, where Aeneas compares the bustling workers of Carthage with a swarm of industrious bees:

Meanwhile they’ve tackled the route the path revealed.
And soon they climbed the hill that looms high over the city,
and looks down from above on the towers that face it.
Aeneas marvels at the mass of buildings, once huts,
marvels at the gates, the noise, the paved roads.
The eager Tyrians are busy, some building walls,
and raising the citadel, rolling up stones by hand,
some choosing the site for a house, and marking a furrow:
they make magistrates and laws, and a sacred senate:
here some are digging a harbour: others lay down
the deep foundations of a theatre, and carve huge columns
from the cliff, tall adornments for the future stage.
Just as bees in early summer carry out their tasks
among the flowery fields, in the sun, when they lead out
the adolescent young of their race, or cram the cells
with liquid honey, and swell them with sweet nectar,
or receive the incoming burdens, or forming lines
drive the lazy herd of drones from their hives:
the work glows, and the fragrant honey’s sweet with thyme.
‘O fortunate those whose walls already rise!’
Aeneas cries, and admires the summits of the city.

Either that's really funny, or I'm delirious.

On this vital question I am content to remain in a state of happy uncertainty, much like the intrepid oyster who, in the dreamy splendor of his deep-water boudoir, languidly changes genders as easily as if it were changing its socks.

I think it was being cooked :confused:

Hey nogods, maybe we should start a League for Promoting Autosexual Behavio(u)r :D (or something like that but with a better name, so that we can use a cute acronym)

Good idea. "LPAB" is not very cute,.....or even, a word.

We can have sexist slogans like "A dildo. Because men have crabs." :guitar:

...And girls don't? ."

Poison Ivy, had to get on steriods last week because I got a bad case on my right butt cheek.

Today i want to exterminate Mario and Lisa from BB08.Never in the face of human conflict has so much bad taste been thrust on so many.:sick:

And just how did you get poison ivy on your butt? ;)

The doctor and nurse who gave me the shot asked the same question. If I knew how, I wouldn't be there in the first place! I was out hiking thru a sea of it. Washed my legs and arms off and didn't get any there. Must've still had some on my hands whens when I went for a squat in the woods. No - there wasn't any in that location.

NRitH - I find that sig disturbing!

Back
Top Bottom