What would you do if Morrissey decided to retire??

M

Mimi

I suggested this as a poll some time ago but it never came through and I don't know why because I think it's quite an important question to ask considering that the day will come..... but maybe the totally hypothetical question of whether one would follow Morrissey into a fight indeed bears more interest for people (note a hint of criticism).

So just how well would each one of us be able to cope with that? To be honest I would suffer quite a bit.... Not that the world as I know it would be over but some of it would be lost. Of course there's still the back catalogue, but if there were definetely no more tours and records then my favourite glimps of hope would be gone. I'd be sad for a very long time and probably end that with an urge to grow up and leave my past behind. Something like that.

Maybe the day has already passed and we just don't know it yet.....

On the other hand there's still hope! - I saw Sparks on Friday night (thanks Elsberry!!!! :) Had a wicked time!) and they showed no sign of retirement yet and infact they were quite vivid for guys their age. Althrough the show I couldn't get rid of the thought that Morrissey was already their fan when he was my age....centuries ago.

The answer lies in Boz Boorer and his hopes for teevee stardumb.

Mimi, I suppose you have not asked the correct question. No you see..the correct question is "What would you eat if Morrissey would retire?"

Well cinsidering that I enjoy the culinary delights that requires vey little cooking, I would stuff my face with so much sushi. Raw fish, raw oysters, raw octopus..I would scarf it all down and talk with my mouth full. Of course when I would be reprimanded by "you know who"...I would just open my mouth wide and let it all fall on to the table in a clumpy mess and laugh. Cinderella says I put awful things in my mouth but look what comes out. I can mold it and fold it and eat it again.

And then Boz will join me in my much anticipated NBC show: "Boz-ston". It's a sitcom about Boz who runs a bar in Boston "where everyone sort of knows your name" and he plays in a band there too. This will be balanced with the troubles and oh so funny slapstickies of a single father with his smart alecky young daughter Celeste and his annoying punky teen son, Juggie. It will be a hit yes?

Of course the band will show up as guest stars, in fact Moz will be in the second episode as a health code inspector and Gaz will be there as a drunken jerkoff.

Re: The answer lies in Boz Boorer and his hopes for teevee stardumb.

If Morrissey really retired we might have a new release finally coming up!

Reissue-repackage-reevaluate!!!

> Mimi, I suppose you have not asked the correct question. No you
> see..the correct question is "What would you eat if
> Morrissey would retire?"

> Well cinsidering that I enjoy the culinary delights that
> requires vey little cooking, I would stuff my face with so much
> sushi. Raw fish, raw oysters, raw octopus..I would scarf it all
> down and talk with my mouth full. Of course when I would be
> reprimanded by "you know who"...I would just open my
> mouth wide and let it all fall on to the table in a clumpy mess
> and laugh. Cinderella says I put awful things in my mouth but
> look what comes out. I can mold it and fold it and eat it again.

> And then Boz will join me in my much anticipated NBC show:
> "Boz-ston". It's a sitcom about Boz who runs a bar in
> Boston "where everyone sort of knows your name" and he
> plays in a band there too. This will be balanced with the
> troubles and oh so funny slapstickies of a single father with
> his smart alecky young daughter Celeste and his annoying punky
> teen son, Juggie. It will be a hit yes?

> Of course the band will show up as guest stars, in fact Moz will
> be in the second episode as a health code inspector and Gaz will
> be there as a drunken jerkoff.

Re: Sparks? Yummy! How's Russell doing?

When Morrissey retires, ...

he may have to start a legal battle about his pension.
I'd become his sollicitor, or his day nurse.

No. Frankly, Moz, ... retire from what? He's never been into anything ... so how to get out from it?

It's not because he would retire from the musical scene that I would retire from Moznarnia.

i would retire as well!

i can't imagine it.

No rock star has truly pulled a JD Salinger and stopped all together. I know there are many out there who wished they had the opportunity to make another album, but they no longer can because they sucked and nobody wants them.

As for the ones who have a choice, they claim they are about to retire or that this is it, the band is breaking up and this is the last tour, but then they come out of the mothballs and jingle a couple of songs for the old crowd. It may take a few years, but what else are they going to do with themselves?

W.W.M.D.?

If he decided to write a book, it's not the same because he can't have security guards standing around at the book signing and inspiring the same sort of melee that goes on in front of the stage. We know he doesn't know what computers are and therefore can't have an internet start up company. I can't see him having his own Morning Zoo radio show. I don't think he's dating anyone who's keeping him too busy to do anything. Basically he's doing as he knows how, and I would think that if he stopped, the next 40 years would be horribly lonely and boring ones.

the only thing that could stop him is death (or the absence of a recording contract). if 9,000 year old keith richards can still get onstage, why should our moz quit? still, if at some point he does "get off the stage" i'd miss him terribly, but he's given me so much already i'd never feel starved.

> I'd be sad for a very long time and probably
> end that with an urge to grow up and leave my past behind.

i want to leave the bad things in my past behind but the good stuff i want to take with me. since i'm always carrying mozwords around in my head anyway, he's always there, whether he's retired or not.

Re: i would retire as well!

> i can't imagine it.

> No rock star has truly pulled a JD Salinger and stopped all
> together. I know there are many out there who wished they had
> the opportunity to make another album, but they no longer can
> because they sucked and nobody wants them.

> As for the ones who have a choice, they claim they are about to
> retire or that this is it, the band is breaking up and this is
> the last tour, but then they come out of the mothballs and
> jingle a couple of songs for the old crowd. It may take a few
> years, but what else are they going to do with themselves?

> W.W.M.D.?

> If he decided to write a book, it's not the same because he
> can't have security guards standing around at the book signing
> and inspiring the same sort of melee that goes on in front of
> the stage. We know he doesn't know what computers are and
> therefore can't have an internet start up company. I can't see
> him having his own Morning Zoo radio show. I don't think he's
> dating anyone who's keeping him too busy to do anything.
> Basically he's doing as he knows how, and I would think that if
> he stopped, the next 40 years would be horribly lonely and
> boring ones.

I think Morrissey is one of those artist that need their art to survive. Without the attention and praise, he'll have a hard time with depression.
And?
I heard Salinger does have a new book~almost ready last year?

Probably rumours?

hnia

> I think Morrissey is one of those artist that need their art to
> survive. Without the attention and praise, he'll have a hard
> time with depression.
> And?
> I heard Salinger does have a new book~almost ready last year?

> Probably rumours?

> hnia

Actually, Salinger is supposed to have a book out this year. It's called "Hapworth 16,1924". It's not "new" though. It was published in The New Yorker at one time. This is the first time it will be published in book form. I have been on the Amazon list forever but they keep pushing the date back. I hope this helps.

~Paula

> Actually, Salinger is supposed to have a book out this year.
> It's called "Hapworth 16,1924". It's not
> "new" though. It was published in The New Yorker at
> one time. This is the first time it will be published in book
> form. I have been on the Amazon list forever but they keep
> pushing the date back. I hope this helps.

> ~Paula

I just went to a fan site and it said that Hapworth 16, 1924 was a bootleg?

Sounds interesting.
I still need to read the other parts of the Fanny and Zooey, Glass clan?

hnia

> I just went to a fan site and it said that Hapworth 16, 1924 was
> a bootleg?

> Sounds interesting.
> I still need to read the other parts of the Fanny and Zooey,
> Glass clan?

> hnia

It was bootleged in Italy in 1997, but was pulled off the market once Salinger found out. This publication is *supposed* to have Salinger's blessing. I just checked the Amazon site and the pulication date was pushed back to November 2002.

Back
Top Bottom