What would ole Mogsy have done: Slash attacked onstage!

The Seeker of Good Songs

from: http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/06/11/slash-attacked-onstage-recovers-to-save-rock-n-roll/

Here’s a little dose of awesome to liven up your Friday:
Last night at the PalaSharp Arena in Milan, Italy, an unknown assailant came down from the rafters, got backstage, and tried to tackle Slash! During the solo in “Sweet Child O’ Mine” no less! (via Download Festival News) The WWE craziness starts around 1:05, but do watch to the end.
Further proof of Slash’s epic rock demeanor lies in his Facebook note after the show: “It was a rowdy crowd for sure – but amazing. The guy who nailed me didn’t take me down but he busted my poor guitar. Ah well… it was a kick-ass rock show.” Aces, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's great that he went on and finished the song. the show must go on. what's more important in a situation like that, your own ego or the music you're playing?

I loved how he played air guitar for a few seconds. :p

it's great that he went on and finished the song. the show must go on. what's more important in a situation like that, your own ego or the music you're playing?

And in Morrissey's defence it's not his ego that's necessarily at stake, he has this strange, quiet need to stay alive and safe. ;) So don't go to hard on the primadonna thing because he's not really.

And in Morrissey's defence it's not his ego that's necessarily at stake, he has this strange, quiet need to stay alive and safe. ;) So don't go to hard on the primadonna thing because he's not really.

I'm just listening to Paint A Vulgar Picture,are you just being a sychophantic slag?

I'm just listening to Paint A Vulgar Picture,are you just being a sychophantic slag?

No. I'm being Big G's secretery. Morrissey is the Treasurer. I know the drill.

Mooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrphine. :thumb:

This is all I'm saying. There are things that Morrissey does that irritate fans that he can't really explain, but he has a reason for doing them that isn't just because he's a snob. You can analyze the riders and look at the cancelled shows and know that he's secretive and private about ansering interviews, but when it comes to events like being attacked on stage, there's a part of him that goes into autopilot, I'm sure he doesn't even know he's doing it until five minutes after he's said, "Let's stop." In dangerous situations his brain says "Gotta get out of here." It's not that he has no empathy for the fans or the crew or the many people who put on these shows who so desperetly want to see him, it's that his brain, kinda special and different, says "LEAVE NOW." and so he does. And he has help, his crew might tell him to leave. Trust me, I think cancelled shows are irritating too and Morrissey is not above criticism, I'm not a sycophant. But he's a flighter, not a fighter. ANd thank GOD for that.

Thanks for posting that clip, seeker.
Slash has just RISEN totally in my estimation, for his handling of that situation.

I was in Liverpool when Morrissey walked off stage,and although to say the least truly disappointed, I agreed with his decision...If a singer/entertainer is now in REAL danger of geting hurt, by a so called "Fan", then there is really no point in going to a live gig anymore....or performing one.

WTF is wrong with so-called "Security" guards theses days???

DRUGGED UP AND PISSED f***WITS ARE KILLING LIVE MUSIC.

Back
Top Bottom