What would be your 'Open Letter To Morrissey'

Morrissey just announced an Apology Fest at which he will apologize to all the fans who booked non-refundable tickets and hotel rooms only to see him cancel concerts and tours at the last minute, slighted past band members, working partners and mates that he has wronged over the years, and all of those he has offended with his less than considered comments regarding almost all things civil and political. Better get in line now:

tokyo-disneyland-entrance.jpg
What happens when it gets cancelled, though?

the keyboard is mightier than the pen which is mightier than the sword.

Release all the instrumentals, release the demo for the operation. Make southpaw grammar II or an album similar to its sound

Morrissey SHOULD STICK TO HIS ORIGINAL THOUGHT PROCESS!!
Us Irish Brits, who've lived thru OUR original 'racism' are now STANDING UP AGAINST A CRAZY 'IDEOLOGY' THAT IS NOT RACE BASED FFS!!

What happens when it gets cancelled, though?

He denies the festival was anything to do with him, blames the record company he signed with the day before and says he couldn't possibly work with them again, they then release video of him telling them about his festival idea and exactly what he wants the announcement to say.

I think you are on to something G. Maybe a nice 28 day stint in AA (Assholics Anonymous) would be time well spent. As for the letter, it might start...

Dear Moz, Please Help You

You are talking through your bum
With your mouth constantly running
Dear Moz, please help you

And I am so very tired
Of hearing about the right wing
Dear Moz, please help you

...or not.
it's a metaphor. He could be drinking ginger ale and still bring the room down with his nonsense.

it's a metaphor. He could be drinking ginger ale and still bring the room down with his nonsense.

I got that. My comment was a play on replacing alcohol with assholery. Contact Websters...my spell check is having me add this to the dictionary!

I got that. My comment was a play on replacing alcohol with assholery. Contact Websters...my spell check is having me add this to the dictionary!
I'm a bit dense today anyway. It must be all of the smoke in the air from the people celebrating America day. I opted out and went to the movies.
In light of recent events, I didn't really feel a celebration was in order.

dear Morrissey,

Oscar wilde said of Byron that his "personality was terribly wasted in its battle with the stupidity, and hypocrisy, and Philistinism of the English". and how many other great artists and visionaries have similarly wasted their personalities and talents in this eternal battle with philistinism. do not waste yours, lovebug! if the world around you is going to hell in a handbasket, let it! you cant teach philistines anything, mark my words (I am in the thick of philistine central, so I know). if you can it is only through the lens of many years, long after your life and age have passed (not worth it babycakes!). therefore, let the artist be concerned only with creating a perfect world for himself. if he has a lesson to impart, let him teach by example, while remaining indifferent to the world at large. the only thing you can do is live your best life, sweetums, and for that I prescribe much rest and relaxation, time spent in nature, Klaus nomi, baklava, and many fine fine blazers, all of which is within your means to attain. so chin up, my love! there is much yet to celebrate! indifference and a life well lived is the best defence against abject philistinism.

love, rifke

Morrissey just announced an Apology Fest at which he will apologize to all the fans who booked non-refundable tickets and hotel rooms only to see him cancel concerts and tours at the last minute, slighted past band members, working partners and mates that he has wronged over the years, and all of those he has offended with his less than considered comments regarding almost all things civil and political. Better get in line now:

tokyo-disneyland-entrance.jpg
Longest line in tbe world

I got into The Smiths via John Peel from the off. I was too skint to buy records so recorded it on cass on my shite AMSTRAD 'Music Center' that was brill cos it had STEREO sound. Bet you had CAS$ to buy the records...
SOUNDS MAG WAS BETTER BUT HATED MOZ

I liked Sounds but can't remember their opinion on The Smiths. I got into them by those first two Top of the Pops appearances. They sounded incredible, not like anything else I'd heard plus my step dad hated them and he was a complete c*** and so it was.

WOW!! I loved 'Sounds' at the time, it was like a thick version of the NME. But, I was thick as well lol and moved in. Who was that one writer who wrote about Joy Division via some crap AC/DC album? Ian something:straightface:

Back
Top Bottom