What will happen if The Smiths reunite?

Yes, Marr may well have to go down the DIY route but, unlike Morrissey, he is a realist and a pragmatist, so that won't be much of a problem. There are tons of other 'indie' acts from the 80s with a similar or smaller profile to Marr who continue to record and release albums (Wedding Present and Paul Heaton are two which spring to mind).
As someone who's both a huge Marr fan and super-critical of recent Morrissey stuff, I'm surprised you don't think a new Moz/Marr album would inevitably be better than the post-Vauxhall albums. To be honest, saying that it would is hardly a huge compliment!
I've not followed Marr's recent (past 10 years) output at all closely but the couple of Cribs singles he co-wrote that I heard seemed like pretty punchy, melodic pieces of music in a different musical league to vast chunks of the recent Moz back catalogue.

I think you're bang-on about Johnny and I'm sorry if I seemed a little unfair. I do love him and I enjoyed the new stuff, but just occasionally I find myself wanting to slap him really, really hard for chasing trends so desperately and trying his damnedest to erase Morrissey from Smiths history. His Twitter feed is full of so much drivel that I have to consciously remind myself he was one half of the Smiths. As for the post-Vauxhall stuff...I actually loved Quarry and if Moz could put out another album as good as that I'd be a happy bunny. Of course, if Moz and Marr ever did announce a "comeback" album of some sort...I'd wet myself with excitement.

I think you're bang-on about Johnny and I'm sorry if I seemed a little unfair. I do love him and I enjoyed the new stuff, but just occasionally I find myself wanting to slap him really, really hard for chasing trends so desperately and trying his damnedest to erase Morrissey from Smiths history. His Twitter feed is full of so much drivel that I have to consciously remind myself he was one half of the Smiths. As for the post-Vauxhall stuff...I actually loved Quarry and if Moz could put out another album as good as that I'd be a happy bunny. Of course, if Moz and Marr ever did announce a "comeback" album of some sort...I'd wet myself with excitement.

Amy, if Morrissey knocked on your door and said "Amy, if you quit smoking, I'll reunite the Smiths." Would you do it? :p

I think she was kidding, but I asked Amy if she quit smoking blah, blah, blah and Kewpie quoted that and asked Amy if she became a vegetarian...

Then what fag is she enabling?

Few years ago a troll insulted some regulars (one of them was Amy), calling them homos or something which made her to add fag enabler as her user custom title.

EDIT: oops, I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
the smiths will never get back together, if they do, i will be highly dissapointed in Morrissey, as it goes against his moral values. but despite that, i think it will be nice to see my two loved ones back together. at least the two. 4 would be perfect.

Few years ago a troll insulted some regulars (one of them was Amy), calling them homos or something which made her to add fag enabler as her user custom title.

Oh. Well thanks for clearing that up in the weirdest possible way. :straightface:

Then what fag is she enabling?

:sick: I don't smoke, CG!

Fag - slang term for gay person, obviously. Some years ago there was a lot of fuss in the news about the Westboro Baptist Church (I'm sure you'll have heard of them) and in one of their crazy rants they were condemning to hell "fags" and the straight community that supported them, the "fag enablers". That's where I took it from - nothing to do with any trolls as far as I'm aware.

Amy, if Morrissey knocked on your door and said "Amy, if you quit smoking, I'll reunite the Smiths." Would you do it? :p

I don't care about the rhythm section. I just want Morrissey and Marr to kiss and make up after all these years!

Fag - slang term for gay person, obviously. Some years ago there was a lot of fuss in the news about the Westboro Baptist Church (I'm sure you'll have heard of them) and in one of their crazy rants they were condemning to hell "fags" and the straight community that supported them, the "fag enablers". That's where I took it from - nothing to do with any trolls as far as I'm aware.

On both of these points your cool factor went up twenty points in my cool book. :cool:

I need to start a Brit Slang To American Translation thread, because I need to know certain phrases and stuff in case I ever finally get to go there.

Plus it would greatly help me understand a lot of lyrics better.

I need to start a Brit Slang To American Translation thread, because I need to know certain phrases and stuff in case I ever finally get to go there.

Plus it would greatly help me understand a lot of lyrics better.

Genuinely, I was once asked if bees really did have knees. "Reel Around the Fountain" was never the same again.

Back
Top Bottom