What was the first single and album you ever bought?

first album (cassette) i remember owning was The Beasties License To Ill. i think someone gave that to me though...

first thing i bought myself, at about 13 years old was The Misfits-Earth AD and the first single, i think, was The Cure's Fascination Street

i never had any of those cool Muppet's records, and while i'll admit to digging MC Hammer as a tyke, i never had any money to buy the record. i was spared the shame of owning terrible, embarrassing music mainly 'cause i was a poor welfare kid and never had any money

1st single ; Boomtown Rats - I don't like mondays:cool:
1st Album ; The Jam - In the city:guitar:

i don't know what the first single i bought was, but the first two cassettes i bought, simultaneously, were Aerosmith's 'Get A Grip' and Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out of Hell II'. The first CD's I bought were the Nirvana 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' single and Meat Puppets' 'Too High To Die'.

I still like all four of these artists, so no embarrassment.. though I will shamefully admit that the third cassette I purchased was, I believe, MC Hammer.

The first full length album I bought was Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collue and the Infinite Sadness. The first single I bought was probably one of the singles from that album.

i don't know what the first single i bought was, but the first two cassettes i bought, simultaneously, were Aerosmith's 'Get A Grip' and Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out of Hell II'. The first CD's I bought were the Nirvana 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' single and Meat Puppets' 'Too High To Die'.

I still like all four of these artists, so no embarrassment.. though I will shamefully admit that the third cassette I purchased was, I believe, MC Hammer.

That's ok... I will admit that the first tape I had was MC Hammer, Paula Abdul and Vanilla Ice. Oh, also Debbie Gibson. I will also admit I still listen to them now and them. (Drunk of my ass of course)

I had music before that though. I was a hipster kid and I didn't even know it.
When I was young I got a record player and my aunt gave me all her 45's. My aunt was a hipster in her time so it was all college rock. I really wish I knew where those records went.

I do not remember the first single I ever bought... I remember the first CDs I ever bought. An interesting aspect to this is that I bought the CDs before I had a CD player.

The Smiths: Meat is Murder
U2: The Joshua Tree

They did not have the Joshua Tree on cassette as they were all sold out. So... I bought the CD and the from there I went and bought a CD player.

Back
Top Bottom