What was the first single and album you ever bought?

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
What was the first single and album you ever bought? Mine are not very flattering at all. You know how many people will say something really cool. Well, mine give me slight less street cred

First single: Britney Spears - Crazy

First Compilation album: Now 40

First proper album: (I actually really can't remember, but i think it may have been Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land, OR Eminem - The Marshall Mathers L.P. which is quite a good salvation after the previous two)

Others?

Last edited:
With my own money: Catching up with Depeche Mode (I was 8 or 9)

Made my parent purchase: Business As Usual by Men At Work when I was about 5

prior to those it was all my parents beatles, beach boys, elvis, simon and gfunk... etc.

First single I bought - Say Say Say by Jackson and McCartney when I was 6 (made my folks buy it) and later I recall making them buy "We Are The World" single. Please be lenient... i was like 6.

My parents also bought be Thriller when it came out and I loved the picture of Michael Jackson with the baby tiger inside. :o

The first tape my parents bought was "Dare to be stupid" Weird Al
The first tape I bought with my money was "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" Duran Duran

I don't rememeber the first single I bought, probabley something by Duran Duran

First single: Bye Bye Bye, N*Sync

EDIT: up to today I still haven't bought an album

Last edited:
The first tape my parents bought was "Dare to be stupid" Weird Al
The first tape I bought with my money was "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" Duran Duran

I don't rememeber the first single I bought, probabley something by Duran Duran

OMG THATS RIGHT!!! My older sister had Duran Duran... and I used to take it out of her little boom box and play it myself...

"Save a Prayer" rocked the world
I just looked it up and it was 82... years before DM...

Oh god... I was the only 5 year old on my street who tuned into WLIR religiously.

Ahhhh the 80's - its all become a blur...

Made my parent purchase: Business As Usual by Men At Work when I was about 5

This was one of my very early purchases, I believe it was the first cassette I bought. I also remember an 8-track of something, I think it was Rick Springfield.

I did have some good 7-inch singles, those were the first things I ever bought. If I looked at the Top 40 for 1980-81, I could probably remember what they were.

Nope, I doubt Moz would hire me for anything based on Men at Work and Rick Springfield. Oh well. I'll have to choose a new life goal now.

Last edited:
Wow...what was I thinking????

1st single...was either 'O.P.P.' by Naughty By Nature or 'Summertime' by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

Hold on...it gets worse....
1st Album....Vanilla Ice's 'To The Extreme' which was only redeemed by my purchase of Bon Jovi's 'New Jersey' at the same time. :cool:

1st single...was either 'O.P.P.' by Naughty By Nature or 'Summertime' by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

1st Album....Vanilla Ice's 'To The Extreme' which was only redeemed by my purchase of Bon Jovi's 'New Jersey' at the same time. :cool:

BJ does not redeem that purchase in my book. Sorry pal.

The first album I think I bought was The Doors greatest hits. And shockingly I never bought a single, just recieved them as gifts apparently so the first single I received was You Have Killed Me. Weird.

45 was You Can Do Magic - Limmie an Family Cookin
33 was Slayed - Slade

love

Grim

I got slippery when wet... but I don't think that was till much later... like 87 or so... Gosh, you still liked Bon Jovi when New Jersey came out...
man... gosh... thats terrible.

Slippery When Wet was big when the Beastie Boys License to Ill was really big...

BJ does not redeem that purchase in my book. Sorry pal.

Shee-yit! Why you gotta be hatin'? :D
Vanilla20Ice-4.jpg

I also bought Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch around that time in my life :o If I could go back in time, I would smack the shit outta myself on general principle. :D

I also bought Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch around that time in my life :o If I could go back in time, I would smack the shit outta myself on general principle. :D

What if "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch were "your song" as in "they're playing our song," simply because it was ALWAYS f***ING ON MTV during the early weeks of the relationship? I can tell you what. It would be bad.

What if "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch were "your song" as in "they're playing our song," simply because it was ALWAYS f***ING ON MTV during the early weeks of the relationship? I can tell you what. It would be bad.

BWAHAHAHAHA! I could see how that might be a bit of a problem. LOL

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA:p:p:p:p

Back
Top Bottom