What was the first single and album you ever bought?

Single: 'I was made for Dancin' by Leif Garrett (well, I was only 8 years old!!)

Album: 'Dare' by The Human League

lol this will make some sound younger than some of you's on here

single "wheatus - teenage dirtbag"

album "rem - automatic for the people" (i got alot of albums on that day)

Single : Shampoo - Uh Oh (we're in trouble)
Album : Blondie - Parallel Lines.

I also got Alisha's Attic - Alisha Rules The World not long after the blondie one!

First Single - Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush.
First Album - The Kick Inside by Kate Bush.

First Single - Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
First Album - Strangeways, Here We Come

First single: Ultravox - Vienna
First album: Michael Jackson - Thriller:eek:

I do not rember my first, but my girlfriend bought this very early in her life... It so cute. :)

MLPCD-1596.jpg

With my own money (the album was Record tokens)

Single ...........Enola Gay by Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark

enola_7.jpg

Album ...........The Best of Bowie (K-Tel)

801215BestOfBowie.jpg

What age are we talking here? Were you actually that serious when it came to purchasing music?

I would say I was probably nine or ten years old (remember I am older than probably most here). I really did not know what I was purchasing. I would probably bought Alvin and the Chipmunks. My older sister, who was quite punk rock (or what she thought), took me on my first trip to the local record shop. I had saved some money from birthdays, chores and such and walked out with my first two records. The single came later. I remember being amazed by the album jackets and the fact that the Ramones looked like all the guys my sister hung around with. LOL!

Those records changed my life.

I'm loving this thread.

My first 7" was Adam Ant
stand_and_deliver.jpg

which i think is pretty cool. And my first LP was a compilation called Chart Explosion a K-Tel release. It did have tracks by Blondie, Madness, OMD and Roxy but it also had Leo Sayer and Cliff! Hey I was 8!
5d6f_1.JPG

My first proper Artist LP was also Adam Ant.
17.jpg

but then i got a walkman and for some bizarre reason i spent all my hard-earned pocket money on this cassette...
4183GBCRBCL._AA240_.jpg

I can still vividly remember thinking "Step Up To The Mic" was brill. Oh the innocence of youth. Thank god for the Smiths doing What Difference on TOTP a few years later.

Mine would have definately have been 'Locomotion' by Kylie...and everything else Kylie. I also remember having a few Bros singles & my nan bought me John Farnham's 'Whispering Jack' LP....eugh! I also remember playing The Bangles LP all the time & wishing I was a Bangle.

My first CD....was Blur 'Girls and Boys' single and 'Wish' by The Cure

First album was Shakin' Stevens - This Old House (good grief)

First Single (quite proud of this one) Kirsty Maccoll - New England (saw the video on TVAM and fancied her :) )

Back
Top Bottom