What was the first record you ever bought?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
Five...by the group named Five.

They rocked my world :guitar:

2026661-1793944071.jpg

The interesting thing about this thread is you can tell how old everyone id by the first album they baught! (Or how young!)

1st record I ever bought with my own money was... I do not remember....

1st CD purchase I ever made had four albums: The Joshua Tree - U2, Meat is Murder - The Smiths, Bugs Bunny (it was a collection of all the cartoon songs) and The Rolling Stones - Flashpoint. I remember my mother almost freaking out because CDs were $20 each at the time.

Coincidence that this thread was bumped then or .... was it?

Always Have, Always Will - Ace of Base

followed by various S Club type records.

In my defence, I did know all the words to Sorted for Es and Whizz by the age of 5 :cool:

The first vinyl I bought:
_radio.jpg
&
78773.jpg
(Bought them both on the same day!)

This was the first CD I bought:
Sid-Vicious-Too-Fast-To-Live-272862-991.jpg

In light of the 'I was Morrissey's roadie' article, what was the first record you ever bought?

For me, The Queen is Dead. I was 12. :cool:
Jason Donovan: 10 Good Reasons. I saved up my pocket money and got it on tape :)

Mine was I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue... we're obviously the same age! :D
hahahahahahaha! :D I had that too, but I'm sure I bought Jason's first. I spent most of the late 80s begging my mother for a perm like Kylie's, and when this was (repeatedly) refused, I spent hours trying to curl my hair like hers :o these days I spend a fortune and hours trying to get my hair as straight as possible! Oh how times change :D

'Silver Lady' - David Soul - 1977 - (me Mam got me it :rolleyes:)

'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' - Rose Royce - 1977 - (first 7") :o

'The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle' - The Sex Pistols - 1979 - (first LP).. everyone I know had this...! :guitar:

How can people remember what their first record was? I cannot remember and it must've been only 12 years ago but I just don't have a clue. My taste in music was very random when I was younger.

How can people remember what their first record was? I cannot remember and it must've been only 12 years ago but I just don't have a clue. My taste in music was very random when I was younger.

You would be surprised what you remember with a little thinking.

Well, I was about 7 when I discovered that all of the current songs that appeared on Top Of The Pops were actually available to buy in the shops... As the house was full of stuff like Glen Campbell, Matt Munro and Frank Sinatra... it was quite a surprise to me. To prove a point, me Mam went straight out and got David Soul's 'Silver Lady' for me. (I think it was for her too).
I played the absolute balls off my first vinyls... that's how I remember 'em! ;)

My room was plastered with Kylie and Jason. I even had Kylie and Jason patches on my dayglo bermuda shorts. Nice!
I DID get the perm... it was a bad mistake.

hahahahahahaha! :D I had that too, but I'm sure I bought Jason's first. I spent most of the late 80s begging my mother for a perm like Kylie's, and when this was (repeatedly) refused, I spent hours trying to curl my hair like hers :o these days I spend a fortune and hours trying to get my hair as straight as possible! Oh how times change :D

the first record i bought was "little creatures" by talking heads,the first record i ever had,given to me as a gift was men at work ,i still have both.:)

Back
Top Bottom