What was the first record you ever bought?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3879
  • Start date
and if morrissey doesn't approve, he go piss off!

Single: A Town called Malice. The Jam.
LP. Too Rye Ay. Dexy's Midnight Runners.

I think it was Scoundrel Days by A-ha. Or, what is even worse, some album by Modern Talking... :o

are these the 1st ones.....with my own earned money????

Also, the 1st Albums that i bought when i had a real 1st job were:
The Stranglers: Aural Sculpture.
Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense.

So is it with pocket money or actually job wages....does it matter?

In light of the 'I was Morrissey's roadie' article, what was the first record you ever bought?

For me, The Queen is Dead. I was 12. :cool:
Jason Donoven: Ten Good Reasons. With my own pocket money. I saved up for weeks. no, I have no shame.

first single - Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits

first album - Duran Duran:)

The first single I ever bought was Long Tall Glasses by Leo Sayer.
I must have been about 5 years old I think, somewhere in the early '70s. and Leo Sayer sang this song on a tv-show called Toppop (Dutch version of Top of the Pops).
The lyrics included some lines going: you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance. And he did this silly dance. Being the innocent child that I was, I imitated this dance in front of the television.
My parents wanted to buy the single for me and took me to the recordshop where I performed my silly dance for the man behind the counter and he immediately recognized it and laughed and handed me my first ever single! :D Ah... the good old days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbit42aWJ5k

Last edited:
The first record I ever bought was Long Tall Glasses by Leo Sayer.
I must have been about 5 years old I think, somewhere in the early '70s. and Leo Sayer sang this song on a tv-show called Toppop (Dutch version of Top of the Pops).
The lyrics included some lines going: you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance. And he did this silly dance. Being the innocent child that I was, I imitated this dance in front of the television.
My parents wanted to buy the single for me and took me to the recordshop where I performed my silly dance for the man behind the counter and he immediately recognized it and laughed and handed me my first ever record! :D Ah... the good old days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbit42aWJ5k

Aww, that is soooo cute! :D According to my parents, this was the first song I really liked, and danced to. I could hardly stand up so I was mainly just bending my little knees and shaking my little butt... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqru8xLuCZ0

"Remember when we said: girl, please don't go...." :o
haha yes, I was the biggest NKOTB fan! When they were in my hometown my friends and I even waited in their hotel lobby to meet them. I got Jordan and Donnie's autographs. :eek: I guess once a fangirl, always a fangirl--it's just Moz now. :D

haha yes, I was the biggest NKOTB fan! When they were in my hometown my friends and I even waited in their hotel lobby to meet them. I got Jordan and Donnie's autographs. :eek: I guess once a fangirl, always a fangirl--it's just Moz now. :D

Well, I was a fangirl too but we had absolutely zero chance to see them live. :tears: Actually I don't really mind. I got to see Duran Duran when I was 10, so I was happy. :D

Aww, that is soooo cute! :D According to my parents, this was the first song I really liked, and danced to. I could hardly stand up so I was mainly just bending my little knees and shaking my little butt... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqru8xLuCZ0

Awww..... :o
That's a Hungarian band, right??
Talking about Hungarian bands and records: I have a couple of records by a band called Bikini, do you know them? I bought them on holiday in Hungary about 20 years ago. And also went to one of their shows, I remember the crowd going absolutely mad! :guitar:

Awww..... :o
That's a Hungarian band, right??
Talking about Hungarian bands and records: I have a couple of records by a band called Bikini, do you know them? I bought them on holiday in Hungary about 20 years ago. And also went to one of their shows, I remember the crowd going absolutely mad! :guitar:

The band on the vid is my father's favourite, Omega. They're all grandpas now...

You know Bikini? :eek: Oh my god, that is AWESOME!!!!!!! :D:guitar: They were sooooooooooo big!:D

Well, I was a fangirl too but we had absolutely zero chance to see them live. :tears: Actually I don't really mind. I got to see Duran Duran when I was 10, so I was happy. :D

uhh yeah, you should be happy you never got to see NKOTB live. Tix were expensive! Good God what was I thinking??! :rolleyes: (I think it's about a million times cooler to say you saw Duran Duran anyway.) What's funny is that when I went to see "The Sixth Sense" I didn't even realize Donnie Wahlberg was the guy in the beginning of the movie who commits suicide.

Where's NRitH, I want to hear his "horror story!"

Back
Top Bottom