What was the first record you ever bought?

cornelius blaze

Boychild mustn't tremble!
and if morrissey doesn't approve, he go piss off!

Single: A Town called Malice. The Jam.
LP. Too Rye Ay. Dexy's Midnight Runners.

EPbabe

I think it was Scoundrel Days by A-ha. Or, what is even worse, some album by Modern Talking... :o

cornelius blaze

Boychild mustn't tremble!
are these the 1st ones.....with my own earned money????

Also, the 1st Albums that i bought when i had a real 1st job were:
The Stranglers: Aural Sculpture.
Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense.

So is it with pocket money or actually job wages....does it matter?

hatfull

HIM-full
In light of the 'I was Morrissey's roadie' article, what was the first record you ever bought?

For me, The Queen is Dead. I was 12. :cool:
Jason Donoven: Ten Good Reasons. With my own pocket money. I saved up for weeks. no, I have no shame.

Hellie

Lost
first single - Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits

first album - Duran Duran:)

Jose

No way...
The first single I ever bought was Long Tall Glasses by Leo Sayer.
I must have been about 5 years old I think, somewhere in the early '70s. and Leo Sayer sang this song on a tv-show called Toppop (Dutch version of Top of the Pops).
The lyrics included some lines going: you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance. And he did this silly dance. Being the innocent child that I was, I imitated this dance in front of the television.
My parents wanted to buy the single for me and took me to the recordshop where I performed my silly dance for the man behind the counter and he immediately recognized it and laughed and handed me my first ever single! :D Ah... the good old days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbit42aWJ5k

Last edited:

EPbabe

The first record I ever bought was Long Tall Glasses by Leo Sayer.
I must have been about 5 years old I think, somewhere in the early '70s. and Leo Sayer sang this song on a tv-show called Toppop (Dutch version of Top of the Pops).
The lyrics included some lines going: you know I can't dance, you know I can't dance. And he did this silly dance. Being the innocent child that I was, I imitated this dance in front of the television.
My parents wanted to buy the single for me and took me to the recordshop where I performed my silly dance for the man behind the counter and he immediately recognized it and laughed and handed me my first ever record! :D Ah... the good old days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbit42aWJ5k

Aww, that is soooo cute! :D According to my parents, this was the first song I really liked, and danced to. I could hardly stand up so I was mainly just bending my little knees and shaking my little butt... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqru8xLuCZ0

mell

loves moz
"Remember when we said: girl, please don't go...." :o
haha yes, I was the biggest NKOTB fan! When they were in my hometown my friends and I even waited in their hotel lobby to meet them. I got Jordan and Donnie's autographs. :eek: I guess once a fangirl, always a fangirl--it's just Moz now. :D

EPbabe

haha yes, I was the biggest NKOTB fan! When they were in my hometown my friends and I even waited in their hotel lobby to meet them. I got Jordan and Donnie's autographs. :eek: I guess once a fangirl, always a fangirl--it's just Moz now. :D

Well, I was a fangirl too but we had absolutely zero chance to see them live. :tears: Actually I don't really mind. I got to see Duran Duran when I was 10, so I was happy. :D

Jose

No way...
Aww, that is soooo cute! :D According to my parents, this was the first song I really liked, and danced to. I could hardly stand up so I was mainly just bending my little knees and shaking my little butt... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqru8xLuCZ0

Awww..... :o
That's a Hungarian band, right??
Talking about Hungarian bands and records: I have a couple of records by a band called Bikini, do you know them? I bought them on holiday in Hungary about 20 years ago. And also went to one of their shows, I remember the crowd going absolutely mad! :guitar:

EPbabe

Awww..... :o
That's a Hungarian band, right??
Talking about Hungarian bands and records: I have a couple of records by a band called Bikini, do you know them? I bought them on holiday in Hungary about 20 years ago. And also went to one of their shows, I remember the crowd going absolutely mad! :guitar:

The band on the vid is my father's favourite, Omega. They're all grandpas now...

You know Bikini? :eek: Oh my god, that is AWESOME!!!!!!! :D:guitar: They were sooooooooooo big!:D

mell

loves moz
Well, I was a fangirl too but we had absolutely zero chance to see them live. :tears: Actually I don't really mind. I got to see Duran Duran when I was 10, so I was happy. :D

uhh yeah, you should be happy you never got to see NKOTB live. Tix were expensive! Good God what was I thinking??! :rolleyes: (I think it's about a million times cooler to say you saw Duran Duran anyway.) What's funny is that when I went to see "The Sixth Sense" I didn't even realize Donnie Wahlberg was the guy in the beginning of the movie who commits suicide.

Where's NRitH, I want to hear his "horror story!"

Top Bottom