What was the first band you saw live?

libby

Just wondering what everyones first gigs were and when..Mine was Culture Club back in 82 glad to say my taste changed for the better

Hugh Cornwell at HMV on Oxford Street when I was about two. Apparently I hid underneath a table most of the time. :p

Stiff Little Fingers, July 1980 at Coventry Tiffiny's:rock:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Mansun with Gay Dad.

Technically it was Tina Turner at a state fair. Yeesh.

The first concert I ever went to, of my own choosing, was Echo & The Bunnymen on Easter Sunday, 1988.

Show-off. :mad:

What exactly would I be showing off? What a girly-girl I was? You should have heard the screaming, my ears rang for a week.

Technically it was Tina Turner at a state fair. Yeesh.

The first concert I ever went to, of my own choosing, was Echo & The Bunnymen on Easter Sunday, 1988.

Show-off. Now that's an experience to envy. At least, more than A-ha. I could have lied and said it was Peter Gabriel or Suzanne Vega, those were considerably more sophisticated choices.

Gary Glitter and The Glitter Band.

They were fabulous !

What exactly would I be showing off? What a girly-girl I was? You should have heard the screaming, my ears rang for a week.

Hey, I think seeing A-ha in Germany is pretty cool!

At least, more than A-ha.

Did you have to qualify that? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It was one of Pete de Freitas' last shows before his tragic accident. And Ray Manzarek of The Doors played keyboards on a few of the songs. An incredible setlist, although I didn't know it at the time.

I wore my beloved "Queen Is Dead" T-shirt (yes, that one) and was openly mocked by a snotty goth kid with purple lipstick.

Funny you mention PG & SV: between Tina and the Bunnymen there was another concert I attended: Sting. (Actually I just looked it up-- it's been almost 21 years to the day!) By way of explanation do I need to mention that parental units were responsible for dragging me to both Tina and Sting?

Sting wasn't so bad, actually.

Black Flag & The Circle Jerks at the Las Palmas theater i think it was called :confused:
in the summer of 87 if memory serves, it was a long, long time ago :straightface:

Tags
thompson twins
Back
Top Bottom