What unreleased track are you most looking forward to hearing?

• (I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I Want A Boy For My Birthday

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • A Matter Of Opinion

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I

• Streatham #1

• Streatham #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bengali In Platforms (original)

• I Don't Want Us To Finish

• Kill Uncle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I Know Who I Love

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Home Is A Question Mark (original)

• Action Man

• Diana Dors

• I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed

• It Happens Every Time

• Get Off The Stage (original)

• the duet with Damien Dempsey

• other

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I would like to hear the very first lyric Moz ever put to music (at least that we know of.) Would probably be terrible but fascinating nonetheless.

I'm sure others will list other unreleased songs, but for me "I'm Not Worth Hitting" is the one that I want. It just sounds neat. I saw it mentioned on this site in 1997, was supposed to be on Maladjusted. Never heard a peep about it since. Maybe it's some other song?

Has there ever been mention that ‘...Electric Chair’ has even made it to tape?

I wouldn’t mind hearing this ....

‘Don't Blow Your Own Horn"
(Morrissey/Marr)

‘This is an early composition by the Smiths, the very first song written by Morrissey and Marr soon after they met in May 1982. Morrissey already had the lyrics and gave them to Johnny to write music to. The song is unreleased and lyrics are unknown.’

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/lyrics/smiths-dbyoh.htm

diana dors for me,loved her in everything,even the adam ant video.
fast car sharp bend goodbye. good title.
im looking forward to going back.typical Morrissey title.

'I Was Bully DO Not Forget Me'. Also 'Art-Hounds' (French Mix), which was announced at some point but never appeared. Because I love the live version, but the album version was a mere ghost of what it should have been - so maybe this one has a bit more oomph?

'I Was Bully DO Not Forget Me'. Also 'Art-Hounds' (French Mix), which was announced at some point but never appeared. Because I love the live version, but the album version was a mere ghost of what it should have been - so maybe this one has a bit more oomph?
Yes, it was meant to be a B-side.
Bullfighter got as far as a catalogue number (Harvest 2537952526) but is rumoured to have been 'withdrawn' - although there's zero evidence to suggest it was ever made in the first place. The other proposed Amazon France singles never appeared.
Given anything that's been 'remixed' hasn't always been great, it would have been good to hear something interesting done with this song.
Regards,
FWD.

diana dors for me,loved her in everything,even the adam ant video.
fast car sharp bend goodbye. good title.
im looking forward to going back.typical Morrissey title.

Hope the Diana Dors song rocks!

I would like to hear the other unreleased and/or unfinished demos/tracks from the Vauxhall to Maladjusted era. Several have been mentioned above, but I would add "Hanratty," "Nightmare," "The Leeches Go On Removing" and the original version of "No One Can Hold a Candle To You." If a true, complete studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get" exists, it would be an attractive addition to a YATQ reissue.

I've always wanted to hear "I Know Who I Love." Judging from old-solo posts decades old, the few folks who have heard it seem to marvel over it.

are there people here hoarding unreleased morrissey? i used to bully and harass people who hoarded unreleased weezer so maybe i can do the same thing here until they either share what they have or leave the community.

Was it "Bengali in Platforms" or "Late Night, Maudlin Street" which started as a Smiths track? I don't recall which one.

Still waiting for some Morrissey covers of Roxy Music stuff

Was it "Bengali in Platforms" or "Late Night, Maudlin Street" which started as a Smiths track? I don't recall which one.
Bengali is a bit of a moot point.
If you consider the late '87 Smiths without Marr and substituting him with Ivor Perry as still The Smiths - then it's a Smith's song that had subsequent reworked lyrics and instrumentation :)
So I guess it all depends on how you view the 'interim' Smiths - Marr's view:

‘I knew it was going on,’ says Marr of the doomed Smiths Mk II. ‘I was just glad to be out of it. But the name of the group was the name of the group that I’d started so no, I wasn’t gonna let them be “The Smiths”. There was no question of them ever going out under that name. Never.’

Regards,
FWD.

Bengali is a bit of a moot point.
If you consider the late '87 Smiths without Marr and substituting him with Ivor Perry as still The Smiths - then it's a Smith's song that had subsequent reworked lyrics and instrumentation :)
So I guess it all depends on how you view the 'interim' Smiths - Marr's view:

‘I knew it was going on,’ says Marr of the doomed Smiths Mk II. ‘I was just glad to be out of it. But the name of the group was the name of the group that I’d started so no, I wasn’t gonna let them be “The Smiths”. There was no question of them ever going out under that name. Never.’

Regards,
FWD.
It makes me laugh how they chose the most blandest, non-descript name. And he's now accused of discrimination.

Life is hard enough when you belong here. The most affecting line to the most dispossessed.

If we had a happy home, we'd welcome people with open arms. You need to know who you are to invite people in. Youre not inclined towards new guests when there are ructions at your own dinnertable.

Back
Top Bottom